Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Haven't mastered what the charts show
Haven't mastered what the charts show
Can someone explain to me what this data is telling me? Are my leaks too high? I can't wait to get the new mask and headgear to see if it makes a difference b/c my headgear is way to worn.
One side or the other is always popping off and it wakes me up.
Thanks for your help.

[attachment=523]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Haven't mastered what the charts show
me50, everything is good, your AHI is low at 1.2, you had one leak which was 19.2 which is under the acceptible level, 95% of the time they were 2.4 which is very good. I wish I had those leaks.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-21-2013, 08:36 PM)Tez62 Wrote: me50, everything is good, your AHI is low at 1.2, you had one leak which was 19.2 which is under the acceptible level, 95% of the time they were 2.4 which is very good. I wish I had those leaks.

well, on the 17th I had 158.4 maximum 0 on median and 95%

the 18th I had median 0 95% 3.6 maximum 36

I washed and dried my headgear trying to shrink it and I made sure the Velcro didn't have any of my hair in it and it still popped off and woke me up lol I need my sleep!
Post Reply Post Reply
The 95% reading is low at 3.6. This means that 95% of the time your leak was below 3.6, which is an excellent result. The maximum is probably the occasion on which your mask came off. Because the 95% is so low, your mask is obviously a good fit and is only coming off because the velcro failed or (more likely) it got dislodged when you moved in your sleep. I suspect it's not coming off as often as you think - I know once or twice a night seems like a lot. If you check the detailed charts you will see spikes in the leak and airflow graph when the mask comes off - that will allow you to see how often it's happening.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-22-2013, 03:50 AM)DeepBreathing Wrote: The 95% reading is low at 3.6. This means that 95% of the time your leak was below 3.6, which is an excellent result. The maximum is probably the occasion on which your mask came off.

Because the 95% is so low, your mask is obviously a good fit and is only coming off because the velcro failed or (more likely) it got dislodged when you moved in your sleep.

IT IS the Velcro that becomes detached; my mask doesn't come off but the straps come loose and wakes me up because I have to reattach them. Most of the time I am able to reattach it before it causes a leak. The Velcro should not be so weak that it becomes detached just because I turn over. The mask itself stays in place

I suspect it's not coming off as often as you think - I know once or twice a night seems like a lot. If you check the detailed charts you will see spikes in the leak and airflow graph when the mask comes off - that will allow you to see how often it's happening.

Post Reply Post Reply
me50,

Troublesome leaks come in two varieties: Those that are large and long enough to affect the quality of therapy and those that disturb the quality of the PAPer's sleep.

Your leaks are NOT long enough or large enough to affect the quality of your therapy. But it sounds like they may be disturbing your sleep. Maybe replacing the worn headgear will be enough to fix your current problems.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-22-2013, 12:21 PM)robysue Wrote: me50,

Troublesome leaks come in two varieties: Those that are large and long enough to affect the quality of therapy and those that disturb the quality of the PAPer's sleep.

Your leaks are NOT long enough or large enough to affect the quality of your therapy. But it sounds like they may be disturbing your sleep. Maybe replacing the worn headgear will be enough to fix your current problems.

can someone tell me what median means in reference to pressure and/or leaks? thx
Post Reply Post Reply
Median is half way between the low and the high where average is the sum of the data points devided by the number of data points.
You can tell a lot more looking at the detail graphs than the numbers. You can see spikes and valleys and how they relate to events like OA or CA.

I am used to Sleepyhead but occasionally do look at Resscan.
The key for me is to compare the numbers with the pictures with my memory, potti brake, couldn't get to sleep, leaky mask. Build a picture of the whole night and you can learn to see why you got the numbers. When you know why you can work on how to fix it.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-22-2013, 09:59 PM)bwexler Wrote: Median is half way between the low and the high where average is the sum of the data points devided by the number of data points.
You can tell a lot more looking at the detail graphs than the numbers. You can see spikes and valleys and how they relate to events like OA or CA.

I am used to Sleepyhead but occasionally do look at Resscan.
The key for me is to compare the numbers with the pictures with my memory, potti brake, couldn't get to sleep, leaky mask. Build a picture of the whole night and you can learn to see why you got the numbers. When you know why you can work on how to fix it.

I wondered what it meant in the programs b/c if my settings are 12-20 and it says my median is 15.9 and 95% is 19.9 and the 95% indicates what the pressure was at or below 95% of the time I was just trying to see what the median was telling me. I am trying to get my ducks in a row for my appt. with the sleep doc

thx
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-22-2013, 10:07 PM)me50 Wrote: I wondered what it meant in the programs b/c if my settings are 12-20 and it says my median is 15.9 and 95% is 19.9 and the 95% indicates what the pressure was at or below 95% of the time I was just trying to see what the median was telling me. I am trying to get my ducks in a row for my appt. with the sleep doc

thx

The fact that your median pressure is 15.9 means that 50% of the time the machine is running your pressure is AT or BELOW 15.9 cm. And 50% of the time the machine is running your pressure is AT or BELOW 15.9 cm.

The fact that your 95% pressure is 19.9 cm means that 95% of the time the machine is running your pressure is AT or BELOW 19.9 cm and 5% of the time your pressure is AT or ABOVE 19.9 cm.

Since 20 cm is the top pressure your machine can deliver, the fact that your 95% is effectively at 20cm is something you may want to bring up with the sleep doc. It's not that it's a definite concern---particularly since your AHI < 5. However, many times sleep docs are willing to switch people at pressures over 15 cm to bi-level machines in part because of comfort issues (the drop to EPAP is more substantial than that provided by either the Resmed EPR system or the PR A-Flex or C-Flex+ systems), but also the bilevel machines can deliver up to 25 cm of pressure if needed.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Interpreting Charts to ID Potential Palatal Prolapse - Deep Sleep Issue reedro287 5 99 03-26-2024, 08:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Oscar Charts: Interrupted sleep with high heart rate xaid 1 102 03-19-2024, 08:15 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Help Interpreting Oscar Charts - Huge Clusters of OA Heaviside 3 372 02-22-2024, 09:58 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Haven't been able to fall asleep wearing biPAP AlgebraicMisery 1 236 02-17-2024, 07:25 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [Diagnosis] Do my sleep lab results show that I have uars? michelbeaini 1 233 02-13-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] New with CPAP Request Assist with OSCAR Charts YankeeLaker 18 1,118 01-30-2024, 07:56 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  If nasal congestion is a problem, will this show in my AHI? canigetawitness1992 4 388 01-29-2024, 09:20 PM
Last Post: RNeil

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.