Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Having Centrals but not Diagnosed with Centrals, also having CSR's
RE: Having Centrals but not Diagnosed with Centrals, also having CSR's
I think that the Dreamwear mask is somehow hiding my apneas, I can find multiple RERA's and this is an interesting comparison of my heart health using the same setting (8-16) with different masks compared to a night on the couch without the machine.

Couch
[attachment=25575]

Dreamwear Mask
[attachment=25576]

F30 Mask
[attachment=25577]
(08-12-2020, 05:56 PM)Primalyogi Wrote: Interesting... 6 hours of sleep using the dreamwear full face mask... started on my back and then woke up on my side, lowest score ever, fewest desaturations ever... fascinating considering how sore my throat is...

AHI of 1.95 

CAI = 1.63
OSA + HA = 0.32

[attachment=25582]

Pulse rate was up by an average of 8bpm, but best O2 saturation results to date.

I have a feeling a number of event weren't flagged nearing the end of the night when my saturation dropped a bit again, but anyway interesting result

Subjectively; that wasn't a good night sleep, Fitbit gave me a 72 and 5hrs sleep ... I feel more like that...

So I re-calculated the machine through oscar because the details looked wrong and got the following modification of the above nights values

[attachment=25581]

AHI of 3.90

CAI = 3.25
OSA + HA = 0.64
@SleepRider

This as interesting, I used the F30 mask last night, I was getting sick of the headwear, and yesterday I went to the ENT about my tonsil and he removed a large stone from it so it decreased in size (the stone was about a half an inch (1.25cm) so I was curious to see if there was any change in how I felt with the F30 mask now that my throat wasn't hurting as much.

I also put it to a broader range just for shits and giggles to see what would happen; I am surprised by the result :

CA = OSA + HA  
1.71 = 0.8 + 0.8 (1.6)

BUT farting like a trouper; anything above a pressure pf 14 and I get that word you used that I never remember

Also the machine did a strange thing, Oscar reflects this strange occurrence, apparently the machine ran at 7-17 EPR 3 however I set it to 8-15 EPR 3 (as per the photo)

[attachment=25633]

[attachment=25632]

Anyway, its interesting, its impossible to get it equal OSA to CA just because it isn't predictable and doesn't follow a pattern, I have clusters of centrals at pressures of 5 (EPR 1) or at 6 (EPR 2) or at 7.5 (EPR 3) and its just not consistent or predictable... and the nights that I have a lot of them aren't always the worse nights.

Yesterday and the day before using the Dreamwear mask, I fell asleep on the couch both days 2 times during the day and at about 7pm for an hour each.. so even though the numbers are better the subjective feeling is a better indicator for me I feel.
Tonsils have stones?     Thinking-about

I had mine out as a child in a simply awful operation that involved ether for anesthesia.  That should date me a bit.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
I can get the tonsil stones pretty badly sometimes as well. I just get my own out whenever the tonsils swell and become uncomfortable. The whitish stones smell badly, adding to bad breath. FWIW.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
I'm not a fan of oral surgery, but I'll make an exception if you have really enlarged tonsils (with stones) that impinge on your ability to breathe. I don't know, but that might be the clusters of obstructive apnea we see here. Tonsillectomy is not much fun as an adult...but stones!
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
(08-14-2020, 09:18 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Tonsils have stones?     Thinking-about

I had mine out as a child in a simply awful operation that involved ether for anesthesia.  That should date me a bit.

yeah I didn't know; apparently mine got damaged due to the septoplasty when they incubated me (hope I used the right words) which increased the size of the natural crypts or dimples in the tonsil, some go deep, anyway one got filled, turned calcified (tonsillolith) & infected and made my tonsil rather large. Never happened before, makes you feel like you are choking or that there is something stuck in your throat. He vacuumed it out which is not pleasant, but the pain was gone, which is a god send, so yeah, clean your tonsils lol or don't have surgery and don't get that tube down your throat unless you have to lol.

Anyway what's interesting is the difference just removing the stone made or I just had a good night for once (even after waking up at 6 with the worst stomach cramps and wind and going back to bed) but that's my fault for putting the pressure up to high... but I was worried about swelling in my throat after the thing was pulled out.
Just an update, So that tonsil stone / swollen tonsil (roughly double in size) threw a spanner in my tests... after taking it out the last few days have been very different with the machine... so that was a reminder that this is mechanical (OSA) so its not just in the numbers... how I felt (i.e like death warmed up) is what I should be listening too rather than this number or that.

So, I am going going to try  again now that the physical blockage has been reduced (thankfully without surgery, just a vacuums and a bunch of pain and a thing that looked like bone about the size of your pinky nail but about about 5mm or 0.2 inches thick), Centrals are still dominant but ....something has changed.

Last 3 nights I have had the following:

AHI 3.67 (CA 2.3) (9-16 EPR 3) (8hrs) (Dreamwear Full Face Mask) (avg 58bpm) Trumpet in the morning, 
AHI 3.31 (CA 1.7) (7-17 EPR 3) (9hrs) (F30) (avg 56bpm) Trumpet in the morning
AHI 3.39 (CA 1.5) (8-12 EPR 2) (8hrs) (F30) (avg 61bpm) still a Trumpet in the morning

Something to note is that I feel like crap, the numbers are better than they have been, but I fell asleep on the couch both yesterday and the day before for over 3 hours each and I woke up this morning with a cracking headache and i'm alraedy exhausted... so I am confused.

Anyway, tonight I am going to go 4-18 EPR 3 with the "Soft" setting and see what the machine does
I guess my tonsil stone was a contributing factor... still CA 1.32 dominant but AHI 1.85 (pressure 8 - 16) (F30)

[attachment=25703]
WOW, much better CPAP stats. Sorry it didn't translate to feeling better rested during the day.

I also believe 3 days in a row of 8 hours of sleep is an improvement too! Your O2(sat) looks to be improved and fairly stable BPM at a lower rate! It looks like your Flow Limit peaks correspond with the pressure increase-otherwise your pressure is much lower.

I hope someone else will chime in, but the collar is needed I think.

I notice so many users feel like crap, despite respectable CPAP stats-myself included.

GL,

ABA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Smile Questions for newly diagnosed Schernenk 22 399 Yesterday, 02:51 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Just Diagnosed - Advice Required on What to Purchase Dazkd1969 0 60 03-27-2024, 12:06 PM
Last Post: Dazkd1969
  ASV not catching onset / transitional centrals Boodmaster 14 393 03-26-2024, 05:30 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Suddenly my Centrals got a lot more disruptive tcinoz 64 1,819 03-26-2024, 07:24 AM
Last Post: tcinoz
  Are these centrals likely to be treatment induced? thesingingchef 2 123 03-21-2024, 12:36 AM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  Diagnosed with SA 70AHI Newbie2024 16 389 03-19-2024, 09:12 AM
Last Post: Newbie2024
  Only CAs on Oscar but diagnosed with OSA - 2 months CPAP and no improvement 444zane3 4 292 03-07-2024, 02:06 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.