Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Having Centrals but not Diagnosed with Centrals, also having CSR's
RE: Having Centrals but not Diagnosed with Centrals, also having CSR's
Have set it up as previous commented though so - we will see *crosses fingers*
I’d rather push maximum pressure down for the CA
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Last night 

(Oscar overview)

[attachment=24951]

(Oxygenation Saturation)

Ring ran out of batteries which sucks as I would have like to see the rest of the night,

[attachment=24952]

Its still dominant Centrals

Clear Airway : 6.02
Unclassified Apnea : 0.00
Hypopnea :1.69
Obstructive : 0.95
Pulse Change : 11.30
SpO2 Drop : 7.08
You see that big cluster of OA with flow limitation and a whole bunch of hypopnea? Read this http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...onal_Apnea Note the example graphs...looks familiar? Your pressure could have be 20 cm and it would not stop that. See the soft cervical collar wiki.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
(07-24-2020, 07:57 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: You see that big cluster of OA with flow limitation and a whole bunch of hypopnea?  Read this http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...onal_Apnea  Note the example graphs...looks familiar?  Your pressure could have be 20 cm and it would not stop that.  See the soft cervical collar wiki.

Ok, not exactly what I was expecting but to clarify 

Reading between the lines, I am having OSA/HA due to my sleeping position primarily (assumed based on flow limits, chin tuck caused by on my back for example) & the pressure is still to high, hence the fact that I am still getting CA clusters? Or is the CA clusters still a question mark / further investigation required?

Thank you in advance for the advice.
There's no advice mentioned from Sleeprider to change pressure, but a suggestion to read the positional apnea link to learn about this issue. It will teach you that a collar or other physical device is needed to block the chin tucking. What this means is that there's chin tucking/positional apnea occuring causing event clusters. This is a physical/mechanical situation causing positional apnea, and cranking up the pressure cannot reopen the collapsed throat.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
I concur with Dave, and will just clarify we cannot treat CA with your CPAP, but we can address the obstructive apnea and events that appear to be "positional". Increased pressure will only increase CA. I'm not necessarily advocating you use a soft cervical collar, but I certainly don't want to increase pressure. Your CAI is over 6 and OAI is less than 1 in spite of the events. Hypopnea are not defined, but with high flow limits when they occur, I'm inclined to consider them mostly obstructive.

If, you want to try a soft cervical collar, I would not argue against it. You have pretty long periods where flow limitation and obstructive events seem to predominate. The CA events do not appear to be pressure related.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

(07-24-2020, 09:50 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: I concur with Dave, and will just clarify we cannot treat CA with your CPAP, but we can address the obstructive apnea and events that appear to be "positional".  Increased pressure will only increase CA.  I'm not necessarily advocating you use a soft cervical collar, but I certainly don't want to increase pressure.  Your CAI is over 6 and OAI is less than 1 in spite of the events.  Hypopnea are not defined, but with high flow limits when they occur, I'm inclined to consider them mostly obstructive.

If, you want to try a soft cervical collar, I would not argue against it.  You have pretty long periods where flow limitation and obstructive events seem to predominate. The CA events do not appear to be pressure related.

Thank you, for your comments. 

The comment "The CA events do not appear to be pressure related" suggests that I do follow up with the doc and get a lab titration study & see if the CA events persist & go from there if she feels they are a issue requiring treamment.

I might see if I can get a soft cervical collar next week, as they seem cheap, and see if that helps.

Thank you all for your input.
this is the Hypo section zoomed in

[attachment=24956]

and the other difference, normally I don't have snoring recorded, this time I did

[attachment=24957]

Anyway, thank you for the feedback / lessons.
This is what positional apnea and hypopnea looks like with strong indicators of flow limitations and repeated arousal (RERA). Those events are clearly obstructive.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Smile Questions for newly diagnosed Schernenk 25 713 04-09-2024, 09:13 PM
Last Post: Schernenk
  AHI increasing and centrals michaelyu15 0 87 04-08-2024, 10:18 AM
Last Post: michaelyu15
  ASV not catching onset / transitional centrals Boodmaster 17 590 03-31-2024, 01:12 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Just Diagnosed - Advice Required on What to Purchase Dazkd1969 0 113 03-27-2024, 12:06 PM
Last Post: Dazkd1969
  Suddenly my Centrals got a lot more disruptive tcinoz 64 2,103 03-26-2024, 07:24 AM
Last Post: tcinoz
  Are these centrals likely to be treatment induced? thesingingchef 2 166 03-21-2024, 12:36 AM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  Diagnosed with SA 70AHI Newbie2024 16 510 03-19-2024, 09:12 AM
Last Post: Newbie2024

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.