Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Having Centrals but not Diagnosed with Centrals, also having CSR's
RE: Having Centrals but not Diagnosed with Centrals, also having CSR's
Try reverse titrating fixed pressure downward. You don't have obstructive events at this pressure, and the idea is to reduce pressure to balance out the ventilation that likely contributes to CA, and arrive at a pressure that still maintains a stable airway. Take it down 1 cm per night until obstructive apnea index is approximately equal to CAI or less than 2.0.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Worth a shot; thank you for the advice... This whole process has destroyed the average sleep I have been getting and increased my resting heart rate by about 10 bpm.

[attachment=25320]

[attachment=25318]
I’m not familiar with your software, but if it feeds your anxiety just leave it behind. I think if any software, including Oscar dictates how you feel, you’re using wrong or need to get back to basics.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Back to basics?

I guess after 266+ days of not getting "good" results, and since changing the settings my AHI has dropped significantly, so a few weeks of... pain isn't a big deal... its just part of the process when you have to do it yourself.

EDIT: I am not anxious, I'm depressed... I thought this was a magic bullet after 5 years of searching for answers, I realise is only a small part of my problem as I have had 4 additional diagnosis's since this thread started and I am just loosing faith that I am going to feel better.

anyway - sorry for the rant
I don't know your exact medical circumstances and it is somewhat irrelevant to our discussion. I think lots of us apnea patients have other medical baggage. Sometimes the other things contribute to having apnea and sometimes apnea causes other medical things to add to the baggage. I myself have lots of medical baggage, but I'm not any different than any other here on AB. You're in the same swimming pool as the rest of us it seems. We must paddle or sink. Keep at this and it will pay.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
(08-05-2020, 08:41 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: I don't know your exact medical circumstances and it is somewhat irrelevant to our discussion. I think lots of us apnea patients have other medical baggage. Sometimes the other things contribute to having apnea and sometimes apnea causes other medical things to add to the baggage. I myself have lots of medical baggage, but I'm not any different than any other here on AB. You're in the same swimming pool as the rest of us it seems. We must paddle or sink. Keep at this and it will pay.

thank you
Welcome

Coffee Virtual coffee on me. Then go get some sleep.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
I’ve decided on a more.. aggressive test out of curiosity... and impatience... 

I used a pressure of 12 EPR 3 last night & had like 5+ Centrals.

I’ve tried several variations of EPR on pressure 11; and it’s probably around that pressure I’ll end up so... let’s jump the other way a tick...

I’ll try CPAP pressure of 9 with EPR off tonight.

That’s an interesting test (O2ring is charged for Oscar integration tomorrow morning 8hrs from now ??) some sleep assumed lol.

Fun fun
*sigh*

I snored loudly.

I woke up early with that butt full of wind

I feel like crap

I slept on my side (woke up there, went to sleep there, and have the facial mask marks from lying on my side most of the night).... but...

OSAI != CAI
OSAI is 0
CAI is 2.8
HAI = 2.8

[attachment=25340]

[attachment=25341]

Thank my friends was HORRIBLE

I am going back to sleep on the couch now... good morning.

I think going any lower than 9 is going to be trouble especially if I end up on my back is I struggled last night & feel exhausted after sleeping on my side last night...
The other night was bad so I made a choice to switch back to Autoset 9-12 EPR 3 to try and get a good night sleep. I slept 2 hours longer which is an improvement but... it was interesting... because I had a greater number of OSA & HA than I did CA for once.

CAI < OSAI + HI 

2.54 < 1.85 + 2.20

According to the marks on my face & my partners comments, I was on my side all night... I apparently didn't roll onto my back..

[attachment=25375]

[attachment=25373]

[attachment=25374]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Smile Questions for newly diagnosed Schernenk 25 756 04-09-2024, 09:13 PM
Last Post: Schernenk
  ASV not catching onset / transitional centrals Boodmaster 17 601 03-31-2024, 01:12 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Just Diagnosed - Advice Required on What to Purchase Dazkd1969 0 124 03-27-2024, 12:06 PM
Last Post: Dazkd1969
  Suddenly my Centrals got a lot more disruptive tcinoz 64 2,141 03-26-2024, 07:24 AM
Last Post: tcinoz
  Are these centrals likely to be treatment induced? thesingingchef 2 185 03-21-2024, 12:36 AM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  Diagnosed with SA 70AHI Newbie2024 16 551 03-19-2024, 09:12 AM
Last Post: Newbie2024
  Only CAs on Oscar but diagnosed with OSA - 2 months CPAP and no improvement 444zane3 4 355 03-07-2024, 02:06 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.