Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Having Centrals but not Diagnosed with Centrals, also having CSR's
RE: Having Centrals but not Diagnosed with Centrals, also having CSR's
These will likely baffle you doc and possibly mis-direct him, and he will likely disagree with teh collar which will correct it., so don't even think of showing him this.
I think I understand the positional aspect a little better; 

Last night I made sure to fall asleep on my side with the pillow twisted, under my chin, between my chin and neck, it resulted in the best night sleep i've had since starting this experiment even if the first 7hrs was in bed, 2 hours on the couch and then 1.5 hours in bed again... bizarre but anyway feel better than I have all week

[attachment=25005]

[attachment=25004]

[attachment=25003]
That trick of pulling a corner of the pillow between my shoulder and jaw is how I address occasional mouth leaks and prevent chin tucking when on my side. It's real. On your charts, the flow limitation between 05:00 and 07:00 is positional. You simply have no flow limits all night, then solid, high FL. You are breathing through it without a lot of events, but zoom in on it and you will see a lot of inspiratory effort.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
I used the exact same settings last night, I started on my side in the position with the pillow, but I am pretty sure I woke up on my back this morning and and rolled over onto my side to get out of the bed in the morning:

Large Leak : 0.02%
Clear Airway : 6.83
Obstructive : 0.27
Hypopnea : 2.19

There are large flow limitations every 15-20 minutes with recovery breaths so all the hypos I think are obstructive, but that's a surprisingly high central number considering the median pressure was 11.74 (9-14 EPR 1) 

[attachment=25032]

I'm not going to be able to figure out the centrals, I can't find a pressure level lower than 11 without OSA/HA's popping up, any higher and CA's dominate.
Well, there is one way to find out. Increase EPR to 3 and kill the flow limits and risk increasing CA, or maybe everything will be fine. It would be good to know. I don’t think you have a CA problem , but pressure went high on FL increased EPR will help take out flow limitation. It’s worth a try.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Yep, worth a shot, will see what happens.
I've hit my quota for uploading images because I'm an idiot that made the first images PNG's so they used up all my space, but I have linked it here

https://www.dropbox.com/s/iqg2jvjgee7b3x...2.jpg?dl=0

I did wake up to coking 3 times during the night (which when zoomed in you can see RERA's at approx the same time my Fitbit caught me as "awake" - they seem to be after Centrals which is interesting & both the 3 & 6 incidents show a drop of 8% O2 (there was another one at 8am that woke me up but I took my 02Ring off but in the 1/2 hour after I took the ring off, the machine turned off, then on again itself because of the central 

This is the central that woke me up choking:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wb29e8tev752un...1.png?dl=0

I had two major 9% O2 drops associated with Centrals (as recorded by the machine) as below:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hikn8lsyp9fuve...3.png?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bryetkq55qiq1m...3.png?dl=0

I feel worse than last night which is interesting - even if the numbers are decent and waking up choking was uncomfortable.
(07-28-2020, 07:41 PM)Primalyogi Wrote: I've hit my quota for uploading images

You can delete your older images by going to your control panel.  It's in the upper right of each page and list labeled as, "UserCP".  Look on the lower left of the control panel under, Menu → Miscellaneous → Manage Attachments.  Place a check mark on each attachment you wish to delete, then scroll to the bottom of the list and select, "Delete Selected Attachments".
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Thank you I’ll do that when I’m near the computer and fix that up and replace my post with the actual images. Thank you.
Reposing Yesterdays Stuff

[attachment=25099]

You can see that a central woke me up at 7:35 - I woke up feeling like I was choking

I did wake up to 3 times during the night (which when zoomed in you can see RERA's at approx the same time my Fitbit caught me as "awake" - they seem to be after Centrals which is interesting & both the 3 & 6 incidents show a drop of O2 even through they are centrals - the machine turned off, then on again itself because of the central and how long I didn't breath apparently.

I also had two major 9% O2 drops associated with Centrals (as recorded by the machine) as below:

[attachment=25100]

[attachment=25101]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Smile Questions for newly diagnosed Schernenk 22 396 9 hours ago
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Just Diagnosed - Advice Required on What to Purchase Dazkd1969 0 60 03-27-2024, 12:06 PM
Last Post: Dazkd1969
  ASV not catching onset / transitional centrals Boodmaster 14 391 03-26-2024, 05:30 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Suddenly my Centrals got a lot more disruptive tcinoz 64 1,815 03-26-2024, 07:24 AM
Last Post: tcinoz
  Are these centrals likely to be treatment induced? thesingingchef 2 123 03-21-2024, 12:36 AM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  Diagnosed with SA 70AHI Newbie2024 16 388 03-19-2024, 09:12 AM
Last Post: Newbie2024
  Only CAs on Oscar but diagnosed with OSA - 2 months CPAP and no improvement 444zane3 4 292 03-07-2024, 02:06 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.