Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Having Centrals but not Diagnosed with Centrals, also having CSR's
RE: Having Centrals but not Diagnosed with Centrals, also having CSR's
My girlfriend also believes that sleeping without the machine is not and option and considering this is how I slept; I believe it
Can you delete this thread? 

I’ve not a good patient and don’t think people won’t really get useful info out of it. 

I’m also thinking of giving up on CPAP treatment and I don’t want that to be the message sent to new members. They shouldn’t give up on it. It will help them. I don’t care anymore and would rather die sooner.

Thank you for your assistance. Please delete the thread.
Let's sleep on it. We don't normally delete threads, and there is a lot of useful information here. In any event, I think you'd be well-advised to continue with CPAP at the most comfortable settings, while pursuing additional health influences. No one here will promise that CPAP is a miracle therapy for everyone, but it may be a piece of the puzzle. In your case, you get to sleep in the presence of others rather than be banned to the other end of the house. Smile
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
I hope this thread IS NOT not deleted.

I have been following it as I might have the same or similar issues. It's far from useless!!!!

I admire your guts for testing on the couch with pillows! I wish you had used the CPAP during that test and that we could see the more detailed OSCAR screen captures for that period.

I CANNOT sleep without my CPAP, I am to used to the air pressure to even begin to sleep-I just NEVER fall asleep! And, yes, I have tried!

I'm not sure that CPAP is the best solution for you, but since you have the CPAP already, you probably should try yo use it as much as you can...if for nothing else, it would give you more raw data on your exact medical issues. Knowledge is power!

Years ago, positional related apnea was suspected for me. And, I built several collars out of a 3 inch 'topper' cover made out of memory foam. It is easy to cut, and can be layered to give just about any shape or profile you need. Mine had a cutout for the chin that exactly matched the underside of my neck (in the jaw area), so it was very comfortable and cheap to make. The first shakedowns were made with a packing tape wrap in order to secure it around my neck-though a simple stretchy band with velcro was used in the final testing.

I hope this message is helpful and that you don't give up.

Again, I found the threads content very usefull and hope you request that it NOT be deleted.

Regards,

AB
Ill not delete it; but I’m so frustrated that on the couch I had the result I posted - but last night with the machine on I had... see attached & I’ll grab oscars report when my girlfriend wakes up. But it was a horrible number night

The good difference was my heart rate was back to 55 instead of 81 or whatever numbers they were.

Last Night
[attachment=25295]

Couch
[attachment=25296]
[attachment=25294]
I fell asleep on the couch 9 to 23:30 last night; so I don't remember what I set the machine too - Both last night and the night - after - the night I slept on the couch - I was so out of it I don't remember setting the pressures;

Basically the couch night destroyed me; was a great test but I realised It was like I was awake all night as my heart rate averaged 81 over the period I slept (which is higher than my resting by... 23 wish) and I had 10% pulse changes (over 190) compared to 4% pulse changes (around 110) on the machine. Last night it was average hear rate was 57 even with stupid settings & a lot of RERA's (I remember waking up frequently...and I know why now the F30i I was trying... must have come off last night) anyway..

Night I was on the couch
[attachment=25291]

Night after the couch
[attachment=25292]

Last night trialing the F30i (I normally use the F30)
[attachment=25293]
Going to try CPAP (Instead of APAP) at a pressure of 12 EPR 2 for shits and giggles.
Fixed pressure works for a lot of people that experience centrals or sleep disruption. Good luck!
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
so my 02Ring wasn't working last night but I do have 2 other O2 devices I just don't rely on them because they are less accurate; so the 02 readings are +/- 10%

Anyway last night my saturation dropped to 75% according to the device so that usually matched 82% on the 02Ring (I over 300 nights of comparison so I am pretty confident in the inaccuracies)

[attachment=25314]

This was the whole night

[attachment=25312]

This is the most interesting part of the night - the CSR

[attachment=25313]

My third device picked up "High oxygen variability" (stupid Fitbit not providing details) around the time of the CSR so I assume that's were the 75/82% 02 reading came from.

Anyway, don't feel good...

Oh and that word I had to look up... grr what was it... aerophagia... that one, it wasn't good this morning, less painful but the neighbours looked at me funny.. you have to smile right.
Also thank you for the words of support to sleep rider, the people who have commented or messaged me... I'm still here working on it and I am still on the waiting list for another lab study (if that ever happens)... and I have been diagnosed with a few additional things (fibromyalgia, a type of arthritis and .. doesn't matter) that are making things make more sense (but NOT the centrals - no explanation (sleepriders I understand but still) it doesn't sit with me well and makes me concerned)...

Anyway Thank you

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Smile Questions for newly diagnosed Schernenk 22 402 Yesterday, 02:51 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Just Diagnosed - Advice Required on What to Purchase Dazkd1969 0 61 03-27-2024, 12:06 PM
Last Post: Dazkd1969
  ASV not catching onset / transitional centrals Boodmaster 14 395 03-26-2024, 05:30 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Suddenly my Centrals got a lot more disruptive tcinoz 64 1,829 03-26-2024, 07:24 AM
Last Post: tcinoz
  Are these centrals likely to be treatment induced? thesingingchef 2 125 03-21-2024, 12:36 AM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  Diagnosed with SA 70AHI Newbie2024 16 391 03-19-2024, 09:12 AM
Last Post: Newbie2024
  Only CAs on Oscar but diagnosed with OSA - 2 months CPAP and no improvement 444zane3 4 293 03-07-2024, 02:06 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.