Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Having Centrals but not Diagnosed with Centrals, also having CSR's
RE: Having Centrals but not Diagnosed with Centrals, also having CSR's
I don’t know; but I assume so.
I’m only just figuring stuff out now that I was dumped by the doctor; it’s problems I had but not something that the sleep doctor knew about because I didn’t..
Knowledge is power as you work to help yourself solve these problems. We can only offer the experience we have in trying to support and coach that process. As long as you understand we don’t have any miracles to pull out of our sleeve, and that we are here to work with you as peers, we will stick with this as long as needed. We probably know less about how you respond to therapy and aids than you do, but I guess we will discover solutions together.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
How often does a machine stop because of.. I assume a central apnea... as it looks like the machine stopped detecting breathing?

[attachment=26570]
That is a new on for me. I assume you are using the Auto-start feature that turns off the machine automatically. Try turning it off and see if that solves the problem. This is very erratic or flow limited, and we would need a tighter zoom to figure it out.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Looks to me like the machine was turned off because, after the gap, pressure starts at its initial settings.

It's interesting that there are no flow limits or and reduced leaks after the gap and that there is a disturbance before the gap.

Could you have done something to stop and restart the machine without remembering doing it?
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
yeah that auto start/stop has always been on, but I always manually stop it so, this was a surprise

[attachment=26571]
So the Titration Sleep Study I had a few weeks ago, was done on a reclined bed, with my head about 20% above my feet and 2 pillows (which is the same as the magical results I got a few days ago) which is annoying because it was like testing my best possible scenario.

The results basically say; Titrated to 8cmH20 but continued flow limitations and arousals noted, recommendation of 9cmH20 with an early clinical review.

The test report doesn't actually report on AHI (so there is no reference or recording of apneas or the types of apneas) only "arousals"...  the test noted

Arousals Reported
ARO Respiritory of 3 per hour
ARO spontaneous of 15 per hour
ARO Limb of 0 per hour
no PLM noted. 

Saturation was maintained at 93% but significant reduced SWS and REM noted (<10% REM).

Sleep stages:
Stage 1 : 12.5 minutes (3.7%)
Stage 2 : 285 minutes (83.3%)
Stage 3 : 7.5 minutes (2.2%)

...and as I previously said, I came home and fell asleep on the couch for 3 or 4 hours after the test had been completed, so as far as I am concerned that wasn't a successful experiance & I don't know what it actually means. I think the ARO spontaneous might related to central apneas but I am guessing.

oh wow... my original sleep study had less arousals (REM 7, NREM 10) with no CA, AHI of 44 (1 OSA, 188 HA) .... 1 OSA... I only just got a copy to review...
(09-14-2020, 07:07 PM)GuyScharf Wrote: Looks to me like the machine was turned off because, after the gap, pressure starts at its initial settings.

It's interesting that there are no flow limits or and reduced leaks after the gap and that there is a disturbance before the gap.

Could you have done something to stop and restart the machine without remembering doing it?

It’s possible; I’ve sleep walked and had whole conversations when “asleep” so there is a chance.

Considering at 1:30am I went to the bathroom and don’t remember anything until my girlfriend woke me up because of water in the tube making “clicking” noises at 4 (and then I woke up to it again at 6 - bloody rain out) however I was sleeping shallowly and struggling with anxiety the day before; it’s possible in my light sleep I “sleep walked” or similar... 

... but I found a second case of the same 1 minute break; machine being off for an unknown reason, on a different night for the same minute duration.

So ... I’m just going to turn off the auto function as I don’t use it anyway.

I’m Very interested in what @sleeprider,  @bonjour, @sracasticdave think of the Sleep Test results in comparison to the Oscar results I’ve shared
Ahh; just let this thread die into the ether; after seeing only (1) OSA on my original sleep test, no Centrals and just a sh*t load of snoring and hypos... and being given only the 2 page version of the sleep report for the titration study... I give up... I feel like crap and sleep almost every day for 3-4 hours during the daytime... but I give up. Thank you. Goodbye.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Smile Questions for newly diagnosed Schernenk 20 299 9 hours ago
Last Post: Schernenk
  Just Diagnosed - Advice Required on What to Purchase Dazkd1969 0 53 Yesterday, 12:06 PM
Last Post: Dazkd1969
  ASV not catching onset / transitional centrals Boodmaster 14 377 03-26-2024, 05:30 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Suddenly my Centrals got a lot more disruptive tcinoz 64 1,786 03-26-2024, 07:24 AM
Last Post: tcinoz
  Are these centrals likely to be treatment induced? thesingingchef 2 118 03-21-2024, 12:36 AM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  Diagnosed with SA 70AHI Newbie2024 16 381 03-19-2024, 09:12 AM
Last Post: Newbie2024
  Only CAs on Oscar but diagnosed with OSA - 2 months CPAP and no improvement 444zane3 4 290 03-07-2024, 02:06 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.