Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Having Clear Air Events in Clusters
SleepyKiddo"I have a connective tissue disorder and require the higher pressure to keep my airway open and my obstructives down."

It might be a good idea to refer back to the doctor, about how the connective tissue disorder affects lung function. You may need the PS:5 or more. If it were me I'd go for more testing. As has been said, pressure induced CA are common enough, you may need another machine, the 3 types are, ASV is normally for a healthy lung, ST and a/i vaps for those that need more control.
new http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...re_success
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
From machine or charts for auto-cpap, set the min 1cm below median pressure, or 2cm below 90/95%. max at 20cm for now. Forum will help you fine tune settings
Post Reply Post Reply
G'day SleepyKiddo. Welcome to Apnea Board.

What we haven't established is what your breathing was like before you went onto CPAP/BiPAP. If you have a copy of your sleep report it would really help if you could post the summary. (And if you don't have it, you should get a copy). At the moment we don't know if you were having obstructive or central apnea (or mixed) in the first place. We also don't know what your untreated AHI was - you said it's gone up, but it's currently at 10 which is regarded as mild apnea. If you have some SleepyHead daily charts from your CPAP machine it would also be useful to compare that with your current results.
DeepBreathing
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Bed

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi SleepyKiddo,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck with CPAP therapy and getting it fine-tuned to better meet your needs.
Hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pressure raises when there is ca events yankees123 25 647 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Events nanniesitter 12 291 12-02-2017, 08:09 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Random clusters of Central apneas drgrimes 2 164 11-20-2017, 10:48 AM
Last Post: Walla Walla
  OA - are the events ever false positive?? rbookman 2 204 10-17-2017, 10:46 AM
  Increase in Events per hour Dennisl27 3 235 10-10-2017, 08:32 PM
  Why is this not tagged? [CA events] mltam 6 218 10-05-2017, 06:49 PM
Last Post: Walla Walla
  Very Frustrated - Seeking Advise [about CA events] BlueJay22 6 345 09-27-2017, 01:46 PM