Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Having Trouble With Oscar
Having Trouble With Oscar
On occasional days recently I get strange Oscar readings.  the right charts show nothing for many hours.  I'll attach a couple for you to see.  Does anyone know why this happens sometimes, and what I can do to stop it?

[attachment=37898][attachment=37897]
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Having Trouble With Oscar
Unless you really are sleeping from 11 AM to 8 PM... my guess would be your CPAP clock is off by 12 hours, or close to that.

If you can set the clock forward to fix it, you won't have any problems. If you have to set it backwards, you should wait until late afternoon and set it back no further than 13:00 each day. It may take several days to get it right.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-12-2021, 08:06 AM)pholynyk Wrote: Unless you really are sleeping from 11 AM to 8 PM... my guess would be your CPAP clock is off by 12 hours, or close to that.

If you can set the clock forward to fix it, you won't have any problems. If you have to set it backwards, you should wait until late afternoon and set it back no further than 13:00 each day. It may take several days to get it right.

I fixed my AS11 by changing the time but it deletes all of your data in doing so. You'll have to reconnect it maybe.
Post Reply Post Reply
The AS10 has a setting to adjust the time. The AS11 does not, making it more difficult to adjust the timezone.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Deborah, your charts show a lot of high leaks. Are you still using a Bleep mask? You had leak problems in the past http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...lease-Help Is this also a connection problem with the Bleep? Your older thread did not show this issue. Perhaps you should consider a different mask?

As far as date and time, you had this thread in November http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...te-problem Were you ever able to resolve the date and time?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleeprider, yes I was able to set the date and time. The problem now is the gap in reporting on some days, but not most. I guess I just won't worry about that for now.

The other issue is the high leaks. I actually showed the high leaks with my Dreamstation, but that machine listed 0 large leaks on the data on the left, so I didn't worry about it. The Resmed reports the leaks better. I am experimenting with using mouth tape. Last night I used some and got much lower leaks. I'm doing further experimenting, so hopefully I'll do better on all of this.
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
Does the time set in the CPAP machine match the time on your computer?
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-12-2021, 02:03 PM)BunHead Wrote: I fixed my AS11 by changing the time but it deletes all of your data in doing so. You'll have to reconnect it maybe.

I have had an S9E and an S10 *for her*, both are ResMed

On my machines I need to wait until after noon to change the time on the machine.  If I change the time before noon in my time zone I lose my data. If I wait (even longer--early evening? I don't lose the data.

Hope this helps.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
The AS11 has a totally new scheme on its time setting. It will only allow timezone settings and not actual time, and that is only if you wipe out the SD card. Also, there isn't any provision for 1/2 hour timezones in the world either.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-13-2021, 03:28 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: The AS11...  will only allow timezone settings and not actual time, and that is only if you wipe out the SD card.

Minor correction -- changing the Time Zone on the AS11 (at least when I did it) does not wipe out everything on the SD card.

It *does* wipe out all the data stored "in the machine's internal memory."  Internal memory holds up to 365 days of "summary" (compliance) data, according to the AS11 clinician manual.  That data must be deleted before the TZ can be changed.

The machine also *does* overwrite the "summary data" on SD with what is in its internal memory.  That means the previous "summary data" stored on the SD is wiped, too.  This happens even if the SD card is not in the machine when the TZ is changed; i.e., the next time the SD is inserted, the summary data on the SD is replaced with a copy of the machine's internal summary data.

But it does *not* delete the detailed session files from the SD card.  At least they weren't deleted when I changed the time zone -- the session files were all still there on my card.  (YMMV.  Firmware can be updated "over the air" and change its behavior at any time, so I recommend having a backup of the SD card.)

OSCAR can still load and use those session files created prior to the TZ change, so there seems to be little (if any?) impact on OSCAR.  It might very well lose some settings data if the SD hasn't been previously imported before making the TZ change.

There seems to be a greater impact on ResScan -- and that could be important to someone relying on ResScan for compliance reporting.  Though for most people using an AS11, compliance data is reported over cellular and handled by MyAir/AirView, so no impact if that's the case.  ResScan can still see, import, and display the detail sessions recorded prior to the TZ change.  But it states "no summary data" is available for those sessions, and I could not get it to provide any statistics, nor any compliance reporting, for any of those days.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Trouble staying asleep with CPAP sarahsleeps 46 2,156 04-12-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  Trouble adapting to ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV JanetW 6 288 03-19-2024, 01:58 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Trouble Breathing, take off mask and put back on, then no trouble? mogulman 0 254 02-13-2024, 06:10 PM
Last Post: mogulman
  Still Having Trouble with Sleeping CcReesezzzzz01 7 503 02-13-2024, 01:39 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Trouble with multiple masks jlpool 5 734 11-28-2023, 09:08 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Trouble getting Knightsbridge chinstrap slowe 9 953 11-27-2023, 03:05 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Trouble staying asleep with CPAP TiredTom111 4 853 07-20-2023, 11:04 AM
Last Post: staceyburke

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.