Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Having a problem with screenshots
Having a problem with screenshots
I'm new here (this is my first post to Apnea Board) and all ready to show my stuff, but unfortunately my screenshots have gone crazy.  Bear with me while I try to shift from thinking in CPAP mode to explaining this software problem.  I'm not very good at this.

When F12 is used to take a screenshot a .png file is created in the Screenshot folder, however when previewed it is not an image of the screen that was selected but something else -- perhaps a greatly enlarged portion of the image or some scrambled graphic data.  The problem of explaining this is complicated by the attachment protocol used here:  when I select the corrupted/faulty .png file (well, maybe not too corrupted because I can view it in Mac Preview) and paste in the [ Choose File ] box the file name is copied but is flagged with the notice and the file doesn't show on the post preview:

ATTACHMENT NOTICE: The attachment feature should be used for Sleep Apnea or CPAP-related images and files only.

It seems the attachment routine does not recognize the .png file as a valid SH screenshot file.  So, really two problems - corrupted screenshot & can't attach corrupted file to this post.  Perhaps I could send the pic attached to an email?  Anyone recognize what's gone wrong in either of these problems?

I'm using the Mac version of SH 1.1.0 on an old MacBook Air (Mid-2011) running OSX 10.11.6 and recently installed Sleepyhead v. 1.1.0-unstable-0 rev. 9da8b2a7 (as recommended) after having successfully used v. 1.0.0 for a while to observe my data and make screenshots.  Do I now have the correct (recommended) version installed?

Many thanks for any suggestions! 

obob
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Having a problem with screenshots
Second try at attaching a screenshot.  Realize that my assumption about attachment was wrong.

My problem seems to be that I can't find the "Add Attachment" button....

OK, now I've found it!  I had magnified the button off the screen.  Ah, the trials and tribulations of superannuation!

So, hopefully here is the corrupted screenshot I spoke of in my first post.  I will add a screenshot made when I was still using SH v. 1.0.0

Sorry about the fumbling. 

obob

Post Reply Post Reply
F12 should take a .png format image file of what you see on-screen. I'm not sure what would result in the images you have posted above. On Apnea Board, we want to see an image that includes the Events, Flow Rate, pressure, leak rate, snore and flow limit. Most people won't get that all into an image, but it can be done. Including the Daily Sidebar (view F8) is also important information. Here is what a chart looks like from the new OSCAR software replacement that will shortly replace Sleepyhead.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=10646]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Looking at what you have posted so far, you have intense obstructive apnea even with CPAP. In this image, your pressure starts at 5.0 and ends at 8.0 at the end of the sequence.  This pressure is clearly too low to resolve the obstructive apnea, and you need at a minimum, a higher minimum pressure. You may have a positional obstructive issue, but we still don't know your settings and therapy range. The Dreamstation Auto CPAP is far too slow to respond to events to use it at a 4-20 pressure range, and you must optimize this machine with higher minimum pressure.

Be sure the left column highlights details, not bookmarks so we can see the settings.  You can also adjust the zoom level to show the full therapy session, or a portion of it like this.   You're getting close....keep trying.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=10645]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you Sleeprider for your prompt response.  You say:

"F12 should take a .png format image file of what you see on-screen. ... "

But that is precisely the problem -- it does not.  I'll wait a day or so, but if no one has a suggestion, perhaps I should re-install SH v. 1.1.0 .  Thought of trying to go back to v. 1.0.0 but was dissuaded by the notice that that might corrupt my data.  (I am very impressed by the fine workmanship, thank you SleepyHead!)  I really wanted to send you and the Board a coherent story of my condition today but found that the snapshot feature of my present copy of SH does not work.

obob

Post Reply Post Reply
Go to Help > Show Debug Pane then press F12 and see what message it gives. It should give you something like this:

Debug: Saving screenshot to "C:/Users/Al/Documents/SleepyHeadData-master/Screenshots/screenshot-20190305-195009.png"

or it may give another clue as to why F12 is not functioning.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
As for the second screenshot (made with SH v. 1.0.0), it was selected totally at random to show who ever is interested that I once had the capability.  I agree that one shows intense obstructive apnea.  Since that date (1/21/2019) the sleep clinic raised pressure to 7/15 and I raised it (with reservations) to 8/15.  Very few OAs now (usually.)

I guess I could scrounge thru my old screenshots and come up with a not-so-clear story, but better to solve this screenshot problem and organize things optimally.  The early shots were made to convince my PCP of something related to my incipient polycythemia, without much success as it turned out.

Hopefully will get my act together soon.

obob
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you AlanE.  Debug returned the line:

p, li { white-space: pre-wrap; }

697664: Debug: Saving screenshot to "/Users/craig/Documents/SleepyHeadData/Screenshots/screenshot-20190305-171422.png"

Have no idea if that has some hidden meaning. (the "p, li { white-space: pre-wrap; } " wasn't in the list.

obob
Post Reply Post Reply
Polycythemia, or a high hemocrit is usually a result of testosterone replacement therapy or chronic low oxygen content. What is your hemocrit/ hemoglobin count? It's not something that shows up on the respiratory graphs.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
    AlanE:  The file written to the Screenshots folder is attached.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  There's 1.5 years of data in my OSCAR, but now there's a problem Snackers 8 227 03-19-2024, 03:36 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  problem downloading OSCAR SOFTWARE Bailey104 1 91 03-15-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Problem Downloading Oscar 1.5.1 itchy365 5 564 10-17-2023, 11:16 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
Question Oscar installation problem [solved, see post #4] Bertrand 3 733 09-19-2023, 12:11 AM
Last Post: Bertrand
  OSCAR and Mac set up problem B. McKone 4 721 08-11-2023, 06:52 PM
Last Post: B. McKone
  Oscar Problem Dannobre 2 551 08-03-2023, 09:39 PM
Last Post: Dannobre
  Bmc paplink software link problem Psychotech 8 1,569 06-28-2023, 01:07 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.