Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Having difficulty adjusting to CPAP
(12-26-2016, 09:24 AM)JonC Wrote: I'm going to concur, 5 is too low for you. 8 may even be too low. I'm at 10-15, and I tried the ramp option starting at 8 my first day with the machine, I didn't get enough air, so I never used it again.

Don't give up on ramp, just raise the starting ramp to a comfortable level. Ramp start pressure is independent of min pressure.
Dont-know  I am an accountant so any advice given here is not medical. If I give any financial advice, you can take it to the bank. However, you will have a hard time cashing it in. Okay
Post Reply Post Reply
Consider using the full auto setting and letting it help you. I have my high pressure set to 20. It has never reached that but it has gone above my prescribed settings.

Auto CPAP is great.

Sleep-well
For more information explore and read the wiki or just start with the link below.
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...re_success

Just my personal opinion. My posts are not medical advice or a statement of fact. Please consult a qualified physician or other qualified medical personnel. Please comply with all applicable laws, codes, regulations, and protocols.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Newbie issues - mask leaks, adjusting pressure son.et.lumiere 7 218 08-14-2017, 12:50 PM
Last Post: PaytonA
  Difficulty adjusting to Resmed ASV machine ckingzzzs 4 312 05-14-2017, 04:26 AM
Last Post: DeepBreathing
  [Pressure] Need help adjusting pressure kirstywhoo 3 254 04-29-2017, 05:45 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  [Diagnosis] Aerophagia causing breathing difficulty? Cuppa 6 528 04-17-2017, 09:17 PM
Last Post: Cuppa
  Adjusting my pressure Mikefh 10 581 04-02-2017, 07:55 PM
Last Post: Beej
  [split] Adjusting your own CPAP machine theintercomm 2 295 04-01-2017, 09:40 PM
Last Post: theintercomm
  Difficulty Falling Asleep though Mask is Comfortable holden4th 25 3,485 12-31-2016, 06:26 PM
Last Post: jhuckabyjr