Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Raising Head of Bed?
RE: Raising Head of Bed?
(11-29-2015, 11:35 AM)trish6hundred Wrote: Hi linn,
I hope you get to feeling better soon, those infections are miserable.
Take it easy and drink plenty of water ang get plenty of rest if you can.

Thanks Trish :-)

Post Reply Post Reply
Linn, very likely you can lower your pressure by raising the head of your bed. You really need data though. I have a family member who switched to a bed wedge (specific one recommended by physical therapist) and she hasn't snored since. She also must sleep on her back, so this was great!

I'll try the wedge myself once I get a new mattress. I 'inherited' this mattress from a family member who moved and I just can't sleep on my back with this rock. I'm saving to get either a soft sided mattress (waterbed) or a Sleep Number bed (the one that will adjust the head and foot of the bed).
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-29-2015, 11:10 PM)Mosquitobait Wrote: Linn, very likely you can lower your pressure by raising the head of your bed. You really need data though. I have a family member who switched to a bed wedge (specific one recommended by physical therapist) and she hasn't snored since. She also must sleep on her back, so this was great!

I'll try the wedge myself once I get a new mattress. I 'inherited' this mattress from a family member who moved and I just can't sleep on my back with this rock. I'm saving to get either a soft sided mattress (waterbed) or a Sleep Number bed (the one that will adjust the head and foot of the bed).

Thanks Smile I just finished my antibiotics, so I can focus now.

How does a side sleeper manage with a wedge? I'm not sure if I can sleep on my back.

I just downloaded Sleephead and I'm going to check it out. When my titration was 5-20 I slept like a baby. Now that I am on CPAP mode with a straight pressure of 7.6, I am not sleeping well at all.

I have swollen muscles in my neck and can't handle high pressures, so I will try to raise the bed.

I see the Dr. today, so I should get some info. I will be back to post the Sleephead data.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Anyone with head strap padding they love? UKFan643 1 257 02-02-2024, 06:01 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Pressure not raising during flow limitations Rebdr 2 337 10-26-2023, 09:33 AM
Last Post: Rebdr
Question Top of the head tubing connection problems GaspForAir 2 462 09-05-2023, 06:09 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  Elevated head of bed increases CA and AHI silverdr 1 678 09-05-2023, 10:57 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  DIY idea to stop itching and rash back of head? okieman 15 11,053 05-16-2023, 02:55 PM
Last Post: Xltrod
  Head cold Barbara.Levitan 2 597 03-10-2023, 11:23 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Waking Up After ~90 Minutes with Strange Head Sensation MickTravis 3 775 01-20-2023, 10:49 PM
Last Post: ewriter

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.