Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Head Cold from CPAP?
RE: Head Cold from CPAP?
(08-07-2017, 06:44 PM)Walla Walla Wrote: Just a heads up. Colds are from viruses not CPAP.   Big Grin

Indeed Walla, Illnesses are from viruses and bacteria. However our resistance is lowered when our bodies get too cold and we become susceptible to the viral /bacterial infections.

I started my therapy in April when the weather here was already getting warmer. It is now getting colder and colder and despite turning up the temperature of the heated tube I can feel the air blown is colder. My head gets chilled by that and I have to be careful to have enough rest to raise general resistance.
Sleepyhead in 5 easy steps
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Apnea Infant,
Well I can think of two things you could do. One is to wear a night cap or Two wear a ski mask. I know it sounds funny but it would keep the air off you.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-06-2017, 06:01 PM)Apnea Infant Wrote:
(08-07-2017, 06:44 PM)Walla Walla Wrote: Just a heads up. Colds are from viruses not CPAP.   Big Grin

Indeed Walla, Illnesses are from viruses and bacteria. However our resistance is lowered when our bodies get too cold and we become susceptible to the viral /bacterial infections.

I started my therapy in April when the weather here was already getting warmer. It is now getting colder and colder and despite turning up the temperature of the heated tube I can feel the air blown is colder. My head gets chilled by that and I have to be careful to have enough rest to raise general resistance.

You trying to tell me it is cold in London?  Try it way up here is the North East.
Mind you, it is warmer here than in some parts of Germany at the moment.
Put on a Santa Suit.
Just joking.
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Walla and S2S

I do wear a night cap in winter otherwise I am a dead woman. Being small, my surface area to volume is great so I lose more heat. I do wear a lot of night clothes to sleep under a 12 tog duvet. I know......................I am a wimp but otherwise I catch anything and everything!!

I blame being raised and reared in the hot tropics for this.
Sleepyhead in 5 easy steps

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Does that mean you won't be joining us for the Polar Bear swim on New Years?
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Anyone with head strap padding they love? UKFan643 1 257 02-02-2024, 06:01 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
Question Top of the head tubing connection problems GaspForAir 2 461 09-05-2023, 06:09 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  Elevated head of bed increases CA and AHI silverdr 1 677 09-05-2023, 10:57 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  Tips for continuing PAP through a cold Bostonsnow 4 535 07-28-2023, 11:55 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  DIY idea to stop itching and rash back of head? okieman 15 11,052 05-16-2023, 02:55 PM
Last Post: Xltrod
  Head cold Barbara.Levitan 2 597 03-10-2023, 11:23 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Waking Up After ~90 Minutes with Strange Head Sensation MickTravis 3 774 01-20-2023, 10:49 PM
Last Post: ewriter

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.