Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Head Gear Problem
I have short hair, and lately I have been bothered with my head gear strap that goes over the ear rubbing my ear until it is sore. Has anyone experienced this, and if so, what was your solution?
Post Reply Post Reply
I had a simular problem from the strap digging into the back of my neck... I corrected this by cutting a new chamois cloth into pieces that fit around the strap, proving a little cushioning effect as well as absorbing moisture from any sweat. If that don't help, maybe try re-routing the strap across the ear?
Post Reply Post Reply
Check some of the online suppliers. For some headgear, there are covers for them. But I think most are for the cheeks.

I think simple terry cloth would work. Or fleece. Heck, an old sock.

But if the strap is going over the ear itself, as in laying on it, then the headgear is not fitting right. See if it can be changed to a different size or moved in some way.
PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResMed Airsense 10 Setting Date Problem Reuven Gruber 10 935 10-13-2017, 10:46 AM
Last Post: jaswilliams
  How do you open the humidifier? Problem solved. HalfAsleep 4 210 09-29-2017, 12:10 PM
Last Post: Timur
  [Treatment] Flow Limitations, a problem or not? storywizard 9 280 09-23-2017, 08:34 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] DreamStation Auto Humidification problem Giasdaddy2010 15 6,590 09-20-2017, 05:13 AM
Last Post: Healthkares
Question [Pressure] New ResMed Airsense 10 Pressure Problem spookyac47 5 347 09-16-2017, 03:44 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  PR System One Humidifier Problem gludden 7 196 09-16-2017, 03:17 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  Advice Needed- Problem With Recording on the CMS 50D + Oximeter nico08 4 216 09-07-2017, 12:08 AM
Last Post: aquanaut20