Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Head Gear Problem
Head Gear Problem
I have short hair, and lately I have been bothered with my head gear strap that goes over the ear rubbing my ear until it is sore. Has anyone experienced this, and if so, what was your solution?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Head Gear Problem
I had a simular problem from the strap digging into the back of my neck... I corrected this by cutting a new chamois cloth into pieces that fit around the strap, proving a little cushioning effect as well as absorbing moisture from any sweat. If that don't help, maybe try re-routing the strap across the ear?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Head Gear Problem
Check some of the online suppliers. For some headgear, there are covers for them. But I think most are for the cheeks.

I think simple terry cloth would work. Or fleece. Heck, an old sock.

But if the strap is going over the ear itself, as in laying on it, then the headgear is not fitting right. See if it can be changed to a different size or moved in some way.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Head position optimization apneavolt 11 284 3 hours ago
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,897 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 19 26,483 03-05-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Ailyhsaun
  Are these flow limits my problem? k888 87 5,802 02-26-2024, 12:02 PM
Last Post: k888
  [Treatment] Are leaks the problem or do I need BIPAP? TiredDude 3 373 02-22-2024, 07:52 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Is my leak rate a problem? Kevstuf 5 581 02-08-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Kevstuf
Question Anyone with head strap padding they love? UKFan643 1 282 02-02-2024, 06:01 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.