Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Headache, Brain Fog, Dizziness, Nausea after APAP Use
RE: Headache, Brain Fog, Dizziness, Nausea after APAP Use
@Geo -

Masks are funny. The trick is to find one that is compatible with the facial structure and use the correct mask/pillow size. People have different facial structures, so one type doesn't fit all people. Maybe Dreamwear is your answer. Maybe a different F30i maks size will work for you. Your DME should be able to fit you AT PRESSURE WHILE LYING DOWN and advise on the best mask. That is part of what their "expertise" is supposed to be about.
Post Reply Post Reply
I get the "one nostril closed up" thing fairly often as well. I'll get up out of bed and use a steroid spray; OR, a saline mist that's just water and salt to lubricate the nostril. That will usually do the trick. after a few minutes my nostril(s) will open up.

I had my machine set to "auto" for my humidifier but last night I went back to manual and turned the humidity up. I've had stuffiness during the day and it finally occurred to me that I might not be getting enough humidity at night from my machine. Dryness will definitely cause congestion/closing up of the ol' schnozzle.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-25-2022, 11:06 AM)hegel Wrote: I get the "one nostril closed up" thing fairly often as well. I'll get up out of bed and use a steroid spray; OR, a saline mist that's just water and salt to lubricate the nostril. That will usually do the trick. after a few minutes my nostril(s) will open up.

I had my machine set to "auto" for my humidifier but last night I went back to manual and turned the humidity up. I've had stuffiness during the day and it finally occurred to me that I might not be getting enough humidity at night from my machine. Dryness will definitely cause congestion/closing up of the ol' schnozzle.

what humidity level you have set up?
Post Reply Post Reply
I have it set to 4 right now... otherwise I get rainout. Waiting for a tubing cozy / cover to arrive in the mail.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Low AHI, Brain Fog, Exhausted Help Please alwaystired17 1 82 11 hours ago
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 89 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  New APAP machine: Lowenstein Prisma Smart Max Robert Detz 10 373 03-21-2024, 07:58 AM
Last Post: WisNaeMe
  Need help... Brain fog and constantly tired pulseoximeter 4 180 03-18-2024, 10:01 PM
Last Post: pulseoximeter
  [Health] RESMED APAP tuning sleeper2460 10 577 03-18-2024, 08:43 AM
Last Post: sleeper2460
  APAP optimization assistance jayed53 9 440 03-14-2024, 03:13 PM
Last Post: jayed53
  srwilsn3's therapy thread | APAP -> BiPAP srwilsn3 34 1,424 03-14-2024, 02:23 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.