Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Headache every morning
RE: Headache every morning
I guess it's worth asking whether there's anything about your mask fit that might account for the brief a.m. headaches. A tad too tight? Straps cross your face at the wrong spot?
Post Reply Post Reply
I think I got that dialed in at this point.  But I appreciate the question.
Post Reply Post Reply
Maybe this has been covered elsewhere, but does your sleep study show oxygen desaturation?  Honestly, as soon as I got my oxygen levels up those headaches I had been having for years went away as long as I was sleeping with the pap therapy.  Even BAD therapy.

Plmnb
Huhsign  WARNING: It may take a while to sink in...I tend to get befuddled at times.
Post Reply Post Reply
Those are the symptoms I experience when my mask isn't venting my exhaled air well. I've experienced this with the P10, and with the F20 & F30 with the quiet elbow.

For me, those are symptoms of rebreathing my own air.
Post Reply Post Reply
This is the issue I’m having. I can’t sleep with the quiet air elbow. I get groggy / high / headaches. I was coming to search of anyone experienced this with dreamware full face. One day we’ll get it right. 

Anyway, to OP, this sounds, to me, like the exact issue I have with certain masks. Slight drop in o2 due to rebreathing. That would be where I would start. Even though my seals are perfect, I’ll go from 0.1 ahi up to 1.3 when I feel I’m having the rebreathing is air issues. FWIW I’m on an ASV, so technically all my ahi should be eliminated. It goes to show that this is for sure an issue.
Post Reply Post Reply
after a few nights of higher min pressure I have had good results.  Looks like my hypopneas are down.  although they are better the headaches are still prominent right when I wake up.  here are a couple screenshots.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
zoomed in

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
The new results look very good, and the higher minimum pressure did drop back flow limitation a bit. We usually advise increasing EPR from 2 to 3 to get the maximum FL reduction. It might be something to try. The other possibility is that your morning headaches are unrelated to your CPAP therapy. Apparently morning headache is not uncommon, and this article suggests 1 in 13 suffer from it https://www.healthline.com/health/headac...-headaches
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
To add to Sleeprider's comments. When you increase your EPR to 3, be sure to increase your pressure by at least 1 cm. If you don't need the ramp, I would recommend that you turn it off.

Over all, looking good!
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for all the input.  I appreciate your I sight on this crazy world!  I will step up EPR.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First Day with S9 AutoSet - Many Clear Airway in the morning liuzilong 6 119 03-18-2024, 09:25 PM
Last Post: liuzilong
  ENT / Morning Sleep r4robin 4 198 03-07-2024, 06:12 PM
Last Post: r4robin
  Events worse in the morning and events in general getting worse Elizabeth79 45 1,983 02-14-2024, 07:48 PM
Last Post: Elizabeth79
  Very Low AHI Still Extremely Tired / Waking with Headache exchanged 1 435 01-23-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Early Morning change in AHI CasitaWayne 20 6,965 01-19-2024, 06:36 PM
Last Post: jstro84
  Why do I get the big leaks early in the morning. Columbiabill 4 505 11-18-2023, 01:51 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Forehead headache and brainfogging even after A-CPAP jsa0609 2 667 11-13-2023, 02:22 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.