Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Headaches!
Headaches!
I wake up every morning with what feels like sinus headaches - even though my sinuses are clear. The headaches persist all day. I also seem to be producing excessive mucous at the back of my throat. I am wondering if I have my CPAP set correctly. It does not make any difference whether I use the humidifier or not. I wonder if anyone else has had the same experience? It may not even have to do with the CPAP machine but I am trying to eliminate all the possibilities. Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Headaches!
You show nasal pillows as your mask.  What mask, specifically, are you using?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The Philips Resmed Nasal Pillow
Post Reply Post Reply
Do post OSCAR nightly charts so we may see what is going on and advise appropriately.
Post Reply Post Reply
Philips and Resmed are competitors. I don't think they made a joint venture mask. My guess is either you have a Philips Dreamwear or a Resmed P10. Am I close?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
One source of headaches in the morning is from oxygen deprivation, which is possibly caused by sleep apnea events. It is just a guess on my part until proven one way or another with data. You list the S8 as your machine, and if true, it will very likely have many hours on it. I'd venture to say it has exceeded its useful life and may be struggling to give acceptable therapy.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I sometimes get head aches(Rarely) & I usually clean the exhaust ports on my P10 mask, they can get plugged over time. I just take some alcohol swaps and clean those ports well. You can also take a water pick and blast them with water and that will for sure clear them up (make sure to put mask frame in a plastic bag , can get a little misty messy but works very well).
Post Reply Post Reply
Oops! It is so long since I bought it. If I had to guess, it would be Philips.

Thank you. I do try to keep them as clean as possiible - also using alcohol "swipes" but the headach is there again the next morning.
Post Reply Post Reply
How about warming up the temperature?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Gross [Symptoms] Persistent headaches, nothing seems to fix haikuclue 16 726 02-14-2024, 08:09 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  New user with sinus headaches SnoNoMo 6 906 04-20-2023, 12:18 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Data analysis/headaches arkayamal 5 741 03-11-2023, 11:01 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  Morning headaches post- revised! lindylou 11 1,138 01-08-2023, 12:16 PM
Last Post: lindylou
Sad New CPAP user (sort of)Headaches every morning twincessmom13 8 1,220 10-25-2022, 11:31 AM
Last Post: twincessmom13
  [Treatment] 4 Years on CPAP, Still Tired with Morning Headaches FancyFrog 4 767 09-04-2022, 08:18 AM
Last Post: FancyFrog
  Low AHIs, still wake up feeling awful with headaches suresk 4 1,186 05-06-2022, 07:25 PM
Last Post: Millstone50

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.