Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Headaches
Angry 
Headaches
Just over a week in, and I've been having issues with headaches in my sinuses underneath & behind my eyes that seem to last most of the day.

I still feel tired, but my wife, mom, and sister have all commented on how much better and more alert I look, so I have no doubt that the therapy is working. Otherwise, my AHI seems to be oscillating somewhere between 2-3, which for my first week+ is pretty good.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Headaches
Sounds good for the first week.

On the headaches, perhaps it is drying your sinuses.
Try increasing the humidity.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
I had some sinus issues too at first and increased the humidity. That helped. For me, keeping the temperature down was also beneficial. Also, don't assume it's your cpap. We have heavy pollen count right now (MN) as well as folks passing around summer colds and such. Nearly all my cases of bronchitis started at about this time of year.
Post Reply Post Reply
XPAP therapy is a change to how you breathe that is physically different than it has been for your entire life. It can take a long time to adjust. But you do. I had headaches for part of the first 6 months. Not every day, some mild, some not. But after that I have virtually none.

Everyone reacts differently. Many have no headaches. But if you do, it is not really all that unexpected. And there is likely a light at the end of the tunnel.

For me, aspirin and or tylenol was enough to take the edge off. And chocolate (my one weakness) always makes me feel instantly better.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Gross [Symptoms] Persistent headaches, nothing seems to fix haikuclue 16 730 02-14-2024, 08:09 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  New user with sinus headaches SnoNoMo 6 908 04-20-2023, 12:18 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Data analysis/headaches arkayamal 5 742 03-11-2023, 11:01 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  Morning headaches post- revised! lindylou 11 1,138 01-08-2023, 12:16 PM
Last Post: lindylou
Sad New CPAP user (sort of)Headaches every morning twincessmom13 8 1,227 10-25-2022, 11:31 AM
Last Post: twincessmom13
  [Treatment] 4 Years on CPAP, Still Tired with Morning Headaches FancyFrog 4 768 09-04-2022, 08:18 AM
Last Post: FancyFrog
  Low AHIs, still wake up feeling awful with headaches suresk 4 1,186 05-06-2022, 07:25 PM
Last Post: Millstone50

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.