Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Headband to protect dry eyes?
Headband to protect dry eyes?
On my 11th day of C-PAP, working well so far, I find I have dry or irritated eyes in the morning.
My mask and nasal pillow do not leak, or, at least I cannot detect it.

After a search here (in the wee hours!), I discovered that some use a headband.
, so I may try that.
Any recommendations on type and material?

I wonder if the humidifier settings may need tweaking?
They are as set by the DME people, or the default Respironics, but I can access the edit mode.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Headband to protect dry eyes?
I guess a headband might work.  The thing that would bother me is that the band would lay flat against your eyes, and it might bother you when you open your eyes as the band would touch your eyelashes.

Plus, it might not stay in place when you move.

I purchased a mask from Amazon, around $12.00.  It works well, because it is not made to lay flat against the eye, but is concave, so that the fabric never touches the eye.  It also adjusts in the back with velcro. There are many styles to choose from.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Walgreens sells a sleep mask that is very stretchy and prevents the dry eye. Doesn't work with all masks though. It's bright blue and sewn/molded in such a way that it cups the eyes rather than presses against them. It's about $8.
Post Reply Post Reply
Consider using gel drops or even the ointment. Put in right before you put on mask.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
A regular sleep mask will work to help prevent dry eyes many available online or from local stores in silk and other materials they are not expensive. I used one that was free as part of a long haul convenience pack provided by virgin Atlantic it works fine.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dreamstation 2 vs. Aircurve 10 (Dry, Puffy Eyes) MrIvanDrago 15 1,092 11-09-2023, 03:44 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Nose mask vs nasal cushions and leak dry eyes silverdr 6 921 09-22-2023, 06:51 PM
Last Post: KeepingItSimple
Question Pressure on eyes, what could be the reason? newbieusa 4 511 09-20-2023, 02:18 PM
Last Post: UnknownActor
  “Tired eyes” & your experiences spetzal 1 793 12-24-2022, 01:36 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Puffy dry eyes thepiecesfit 7 1,468 09-26-2022, 07:02 AM
Last Post: walt48
  Mask venting air flow over eyes all night long dawoodsman 11 7,978 01-05-2022, 12:20 AM
Last Post: quiescence at last
  Anyone tried Muse S (headband) with CPAP full face mask? jtmAZ 6 1,580 12-27-2021, 10:19 PM
Last Post: socalsleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.