Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Headgear Strap adjustment reference marking
Headgear Strap adjustment reference marking
Thought this may be helpful to others.  Getting my mask tension just right (not too tight and still loose enough to seal) can be a 'bear', especially with a full face mask.  In the night a strap popped loose at the velcro adjustment and it took a lot of tinkering before it would work- then it was still not good as it was before.  The next day I spent the time while awake and alert to find where the 'sweet spot' was.  Using a needle and red thread, at the end of each adjustment tab (on the strap-not fastening the two together) A through-through stitch was made on each of the four headgear straps.  Even though from time to time it has to be changed slightly to obtain a good seal (fatter/skinnier cheeks or gremlins) the reference is always there.  If you cannot recall any changes you have made, just refer to the opposite strap and duplicate it.
Worst sleep disruption is a moment to turn the night light on/off and you are 'good to go' Bigwink
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Headgear Strap adjustment reference marking
One thing I've noticed that over time, some straps need more tension the older they get (esp. the generic straps from Supplier #1). Then again, it could be my fault, I used to not change them but twice a year. Now using AirTouch F20, and I'm sticking with their straps because they are more substantial.  

And by straps, I mean headgear...
Post Reply Post Reply
It would be nice if the manufacturers had a scale printed on the bands.

car54
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for that tip. I've tried magic marker before.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-14-2018, 05:13 PM)mdhampton Wrote: One thing I've noticed that over time, some straps need more tension the older they get (esp. the generic straps from Supplier #1). Then again, it could be my fault, I used to not change them but twice a year. Now using AirTouch F20, and I'm sticking with their straps because they are more substantial.  

And by straps, I mean headgear...

So happens it is the F-20 AirTouch I was referring to.  Mine has been used quite a bit and seems to be pretty resilient.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-14-2018, 08:08 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Thanks for that tip. I've tried magic marker before.

Thought of doing that but a double-U of thread can be easily picked out and changed if needed and it doesn't muck up the strap..
Post Reply Post Reply
Makes sense. Thanks again.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Headgear for very large heads NogginOff 0 16 57 minutes ago
Last Post: NogginOff
  Update on Stats After Constant Use of Knightsbridge Chin Strap cmpman1974 6 369 03-01-2024, 05:47 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  Life with Knightsbridge Dual Band Chin Strap cmpman1974 21 2,112 02-29-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Columbiabill
Question [CPAP] New to CPAP/APAP looking for Adjustment tips jster71 2 305 02-16-2024, 03:54 PM
Last Post: Old Steve
Question Any tips to stop strap riding up on N30i mask BobbieM 37 6,544 02-08-2024, 06:25 PM
Last Post: stevew168
Question Anyone with head strap padding they love? UKFan643 1 257 02-02-2024, 06:01 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Switched masks and adjustment period sleepingbetterinFl 1 220 01-21-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.