Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Headgear causing tingle down my neck?
Headgear causing tingle down my neck?
Has anyone had a problem with their neck while using ResMed Quattro Mirage ffm and headgear? I'm noticing a "tingle" from my neck when I bend it down, which wasn't there before. Feels like a nerve, and sometimes I feel it through my whole body. I know the headgear is very tight against the back of my neck. I tried the Quattro FX, but it won't take the pressures. I'm using S9 Autoset 15-20 pressure. Thanks!
The FUTURE is worth preparing for!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Headgear causing tingle down my neck?
Smitharbie, welcome, try lossening it a bit if you can without getting too many leaks, your pressures are high so you may need to keep it tight. Sometimes it also takes getting used to and time for your body to adjust but it does sound like it is too tight. From your Sleepyhead data, are you hitting the maximum pressure very often?
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Smitharbie,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more suggestions and best of luck.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-14-2013, 06:53 PM)Tez62 Wrote: Smitharbie, welcome, try lossening it a bit if you can without getting too many leaks, your pressures are high so you may need to keep it tight. Sometimes it also takes getting used to and time for your body to adjust but it does sound like it is too tight. From your Sleepyhead data, are you hitting the maximum pressure very often?

Thanks for the reply. Yes, the pressure goes up to 20 much of the time. Any less tightness and the leaks give me Mr. Red Face. However, last night I changed back to my Quattro FX and lowered the Autoset pressure to 12-16 and it worked pretty good. Had AHI of less than 1. I've always liked the FX mask better, but it doesn't stop the leaks at 20. Maybe I don't really need 20.
Post Reply Post Reply
If it works for you try it for a week and see how you go, if your AHI is less than one and you feel Ok the next day maybe you don't need as high a pressure as 20. Do you know how to read the sleepyhead data? Keep an eye on what your maximum pressure is on it, if it is not hitting 16 all the time you should be Ok. What was your AHI at your orginal sleep study? Possibly in the future you may want to try to lower your low pressure as well so you have a larger gap between low and high, but if it works for you now keep it consistent and stay with it, well done on trying new pressures.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-15-2013, 07:19 AM)Tez62 Wrote: If it works for you try it for a week and see how you go, if your AHI is less than one and you feel Ok the next day maybe you don't need as high a pressure as 20. Do you know how to read the sleepyhead data? Keep an eye on what your maximum pressure is on it, if it is not hitting 16 all the time you should be Ok. What was your AHI at your orginal sleep study? Possibly in the future you may want to try to lower your low pressure as well so you have a larger gap between low and high, but if it works for you now keep it consistent and stay with it, well done on trying new pressures.

I'm still learning the sleepyhead data, but I can understand the basic things in it. The AHI graphs are pretty simple to understand. My original sleep study was done a long time ago but not since I got my new machine. The original pressure was 11, which doesn't do anything for me now. My doc doesn't have a very deep knowledge of the principles, but is helpful, so I experiment with the latest prescription of 12-20 on Autoset. I think as long as I stay within the 12-20 prescription I should be pretty safe. When I used 12-20 though, the pressure went to 20 every time I had an apnea. Now with a narrower spread between minimum and maximum pressures it doesn't seem to shoot up to the maximum quite so much. I could be wrong there, because my data isn't a great amount yet for this.
Post Reply Post Reply
You do need to capture a couple of weeks of database to be able to look at it properly, but if you find the settings now working for you, stick with them.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cpap causing Central Apneas shedu1337 1 264 02-24-2024, 05:46 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Cervical collar causing sore throat? TechieHippie 6 424 02-14-2024, 10:24 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Neck, face pain relef/exercises Weegie 0 169 02-11-2024, 10:16 AM
Last Post: Weegie
Gross EVIDENCE OF AIRFIT P10 VENT OBSTRUCTION CAUSING HYPERCAPNIA mdmarmd 137 34,768 01-17-2024, 05:37 PM
Last Post: WakeUpTime
  [Equipment] Brevida mask with Evora headgear BeauPetitNez 8 1,659 01-13-2024, 10:11 AM
Last Post: BeauPetitNez
Question [Equipment] Is the headgear on AirFit N20 the same as AirFit F20? James87 4 439 01-12-2024, 12:25 PM
Last Post: labrat
  P10 Headgear paulag1955 2 353 12-14-2023, 07:29 PM
Last Post: paulag1955

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.