Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Headgear for a FitLife Total Face mask
Headgear for a FitLife Total Face mask
I read somewhere of a better head gear for a FitLife Total Face CPAP/BiPAP Mask.

If not as they have made some improvements a low price place to buy it, I am looking for 1060808-Large.

Thanks.

Rich
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Headgear for a FitLife Total Face mask
i use that mask but ive only been on cpap for under 15 days so I dont know what the headgear was like before.

Both the one that I was titrated with and given to me after and the one the DME provided with my machine have a the top slip thru connections, the bottom clip on and a adjustable strap over the top of the head to keep the upper straps from getting onto the ears.

As far as places to buy outright ive seen them on the net for as low as 85 bucks but usually 150.00 or a bit lower. Insurance covers mine thru my DME so I havent had to buy one outright. Good mask though no sore spots and not much in the way of leaks even with a beard.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks.

All I need is the straps, I have been on mine for over a year and the straps are all stretched out and becoming frayed.

Mine came with the old blue with the thin black verco ties...

I had read here about a better strap from another company's head gear.

But could not find the thread.

I did order a replacement strap on Amazon for under $20.00.

They have come out with a newer style strap but I cannot be sure if I am getting the old style or the new one.

Rich

Post Reply Post Reply
The sleep lab sent me home with the blue headgear that does not have the black velcro tabs but white ones on the grippy side.

The DME supplied the same mask with head gear that has the black velcro stips like you are talking about. I cant tell a difference in the use of either one honestly as far as the head gear goes. Only difference is one has black tabs and the other doesnt but they both hold fine.

I did have the DME send the one they supplied back after a few tries because it was a large and I was fitted for the Xlarge which two weeks ago worked better. But Ive been steadily losing weight and as my face has thinned abit Im thinking I may need the large size I sent back as the x large is now bit to wide and tad leakier at the sides than when I started.

So I may have to tell them I need the large back. Jeez lol

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-03-2014, 05:12 PM)racprops Wrote: I read somewhere of a better head gear for a FitLife Total Face CPAP/BiPAP Mask.

If not as they have made some improvements a low price place to buy it, I am looking for 1060808-Large.

Hi Rich,

My experience with the FitLife TFM is I need the Extra Large size mask but not whatever (XL?) size headgear which came with the XL mask. I think a Medium Headgear would work better for me. Mind you, I have a very large had, and it is difficult for me to find a hat that fits. But the FitLife headgear was absurdly huge on me after the straps were tightened enough to stop leaks.

The headgear was blue and black and very stretchy, so that the straps stretched too far to easily tighten up enough. (My IPAP pressure normally gets higher than 23 or 24 cm H2O every night, so the straps need to be tight.)

The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I found this on ebay:
"CPAP-Headgear-w-clips-Large-1060808-for-Respironics-FITLIFE-Full-Face-Mask-NEW"

And it is much better than the old blue straps with the black Velcro tabs.

Not a stretchy and the Velcro tabs stronger and hold great.

Rich
Post Reply Post Reply
Yep that one is the one the Sleep lab sent me home with. Honestly it lasted a much shorter time and the velcro tabs begin to let go at night after about 30 days. The one you I think are calling the older one with the black tabs is still going strong and the black tabs never let go. Just my expierience with both.
Post Reply Post Reply
Wow, Rich, you're the second one using the FitLife I've recently come across after Ghost.
My DME is able to order the mask with headgear in one Philips package, but cannot order the headgear alone, they tell me. So, every time I need new headgear, I have to order both, even though the mask is still going strong, as you know. I don't know if the masks ever wear out. The headgear I receive is the blue type with narrow black velcro connectors. Over time, the blue elastic material stretches out, and often at least one of the small velcro pieces starts to let go.
Post Reply Post Reply
We should start a FitLife club.
Smile
My velcro starts letting go after a few months. So I buy a new set of straps for about $35.
(still outragously priced when its about $1.50 worth of material that's stamped out by machine)

Wink
"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-18-2014, 08:21 PM)Dawei Wrote: Wow, Rich, you're the second one using the FitLife I've recently come across after Ghost.
My DME is able to order the mask with headgear in one Philips package, but cannot order the headgear alone, they tell me. So, every time I need new headgear, I have to order both, even though the mask is still going strong, as you know. I don't know if the masks ever wear out. The headgear I receive is the blue type with narrow black velcro connectors. Over time, the blue elastic material stretches out, and often at least one of the small velcro pieces starts to let go.

If I had to order extra headgear which I havent yet Id get it online since its way cheaper there. DME is going to charge you what they contracted with with Medicare which is much higher.

But when the replacement time comes for my mask my DME can get the XL mask with the large headgear or vice versa or any combination though Ive heard a few say their DME said they couldnt go that.

I personally like the large my DME supplied better than my prescribed XL that came home from the titration test,since I lost weight. The XL seems a little wide at my temples now.

They are a very comfortable mask. My wife uses one right now also. Shes a small woman with a small face but her favorite is the XL size but wears it under her chin which seals up for her nicely and doesnt move when she turns over. She may go to a large though.

thought about FFm for her but everyone has so much trouble with pressure sores on the nose I dont know about that.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 514 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  Flow Limitations Full Face Mask vs Pillows wickedsleepy 4 396 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: wickedsleepy
  [CPAP] Dry mouth despite humidifier and full face mask Tactful3149 2 446 02-13-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Tactful3149
Angry [Health] I have to tighten my mask so badly that my face gets puffy... CantSleepWell 10 594 02-11-2024, 07:05 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Neck, face pain relef/exercises Weegie 0 168 02-11-2024, 10:16 AM
Last Post: Weegie
  Low o2 with full face mask Eabhainn 2 264 02-09-2024, 10:43 AM
Last Post: ItsComplicated
  Full face mask tightness pushing jaw back and leaks wickedsleepy 11 746 02-07-2024, 04:30 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.