Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Health] 2 yrs w/ Resmed S9 8h/nite great sleep --> since very 1st nite w/ R10, broken sleep
Gross 
2 yrs w/ Resmed S9 8h/nite great sleep --> since very 1st nite w/ R10, broken sleep
Dear fellow members, greetings to all

I didn't feel like bugging you before doing my home work, but:
- it's been over 3 months (since mid Aug./2018) since I no longer know what an 8 hours of sleep feels like;
- I have been using Sleepyhead (great sw. btw) to no avail, going into excruciatng details over the data without seeing the reason why I suddenly wake up (no apneia events at the time of arousal);
- I feel *really* lost and I have nowhere else to go, so would you please be so kind as to bear with me?

Thanks a lot in advance.

In the end of 2016 a MD told me to do a PSG, which let me know I had an AHI of 98. So it was only reasonable to try a CPAP/APAP.

I know my problem sounds absurd: 
- for 2 years I was a very happy camper with a rental Resmed S9 auto, set to min. 12, EPR full time, set to 3, with a very old Meridian nasal mask;
- the very first night I used my brand new Resmed Airsense 10 autoset, with pretty much the same settings, I woke up in the middle of night, a couple of times;
- this went on for quite a while, and no sort of changes to the setup helped: band around my chin to keep mouth closed, full face expensive mask, every possible configuration in the Clinical menu etc.;
- I went back to my old faithful (Resmed S9 auto) but this time to no avail: still broken sleep, as if my circadian cycle was *really* messed up and not wanting to do an 8 hours stretch sleeping and resting.

My reports indicate no leakage. The AHI is low imho, less than 5.

You guys take care. Thanks a lot for reading my ramblings!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: 2 yrs w/ Resmed S9 8h/nite great sleep --> since very 1st nite w/ R10, broken sleep
If you post your Sleepyhead charts, I'm sure you'll get some good advice.

How to organize SH charts: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ganization

How to attach SH files: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...pnea_Board

By the way, you said that with the S9 your min pressure was 12 with EPR=3, but your profile/sidebar says 9.  Just a note that it's best to specify everything explicitly in the profile (fixed pressure or range, and EPR separately) and to keep it all current.

That said, I'm not an expert, so I'll bow out after performing this bump of the thread.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: 2 yrs w/ Resmed S9 8h/nite great sleep --> since very 1st nite w/ R10, broken sleep
Attach a sleepyhead chart from your S9 organized as above and one from your Autoset.  That and your notes above will help a lot..  Also post your Sleep Study, the full copy and not just the summary.  I don't know if that will tell us anything but lately the ones posted have said a lot more than the summaries.

Fred

98 eh,,, you're in my territory, but now a typical night is around .5 AHI.
Post Reply Post Reply
Smile 
(11-30-2018, 03:18 PM)Dear Fats Drywaller and bonjour, thank you so much for taking the time to help me out! I do not know whether it is proper form to reply at once (instead of 2 individual replies in this case) but please be so kind as to let me know otherwise? Thanks a bunch. Wrote: As for 

[Fats Drywaller]
>>> If you post your Sleepyhead charts, I'm sure you'll get some good advice.
>>> How to organize SH charts: ...
>>> How to attach SH files: ...

[bonjour]
>>> Attach a sleepyhead chart from your S9 organized as above and one from your Autoset.  That and your notes above will help a lot..  
>>> Also post your Sleep Study, the full copy and not just the summary.  I don't know if that will tell us anything but 
>>> lately the ones posted have said a lot more than the summaries.

Thank you very much Gentlemen for your kind and thoughtful remarks. Prior to that, I will give myself one last push to dig deeper into the flow rate to try to identify interesting abnormal breathing patterns over the course of one particulary "hellish" night.

>>> By the way, you said that with the S9 your min pressure was 12 with EPR=3, but your profile/sidebar says 9.  Just a note that it's best to specify everything explicitly in the profile (fixed pressure or range, and EPR separately) and to keep it all current.

Thank you as well, I recorded my min. pressure as 9 instead of 12 for I made a mistake (very, very tired mind). Since I decided to turn off EPR, I thought at the time of writing that since I was at. min. 12 with EPR on at 3, my overall min. pressure should be 12 - 3, hence 9.

>>> 98 eh,,, you're in my territory, but now a typical night is around .5 AHI.

Glad to hear that I am in good company (98), and that you Sir have reached such a almost non existent AHI. Kudos.

Cheers, wishing you all the very best.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I need sleep badly! Any help with OSCAR is appreciated Quitethe1 77 1,723 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: Quitethe1
  What's the best home sleep test currently on the market? Lucky7 4 115 47 minutes ago
Last Post: OpalRose
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 242 Yesterday, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 532 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  Go2sleep Wearable Sleep Tracking Ring ivan007 0 63 03-26-2024, 11:29 AM
Last Post: ivan007
  Help Interpreting Charts to ID Potential Palatal Prolapse - Deep Sleep Issue reedro287 5 102 03-26-2024, 08:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [Equipment] Much worse sleep with ResMed? Jookia 8 183 03-25-2024, 11:16 PM
Last Post: staceyburke

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.