Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Health] Another CSR Scare
RE: Another CSR Scare
ataylor830,
I merged your two threads. This will make it easier for folk to see your history.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Apologies, I have posted one other time several weeks ago. I started a new thread because that one had been inactive but I’m certainly ok to merge. Does any activity “bump” the thread?

So, bonjour, you believe lowering EPR will help with these periodic breathing episodes? While I don’t have many that trigger CSR like last night, I really have that waxing and waning VERY often. It appears to coincide with the times when my Fitbit claims REM sleep. 

Regarding oxygen, I’m aware Fitbit/wrist spo2 isn’t highly accurate and I’m getting an oximeter with finger sensor. But I thought it was interesting that my Fitbit o2 showed a huge variance around the same time as the csr, as that was 2 totally different data points that seemed to show some sort of “issue”.

Sounds like I shouldn’t rush to the Dr, but I do plan to get my ticker checked out in July at my regularly scheduled annual physical appointment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Bonjour, I dropped EPR to 2 last night and had almost a perfect night. Only 1 event and it was a central, which is odd for me. For what it's worth, fitibit oxygen looked fairly good, too.. a few variations that crossed over the "large" line.

I had a question about the co2 you mentioned on my previous CSR event.  Do you think I could cause the co2 issue by burying my head in the pillow where the exhalation vents are? I have woken up the last 2 nights thinking I had a leak, when really it was the exhalation vents doing something weird against the pillow. I wasn't sure if this is a chicken or the egg situation where the apnea causes the weird co2 or if the weird co2 could have caused the apnea/CSR.

Charts from last night below. Can't get much better than that. Still looking forward to seeing what my oxygen is doing via oximeter. It just came so I will be using it tonight.

Post Reply Post Reply
If anything burying the vent in a pillow would cause high CO2 and fewer centrals. High CO2 would tend to acidify the blood which is not good which is one reason the events are there. Not something you want to do..
Post Reply Post Reply
Last night was my first night with an Oximeter. I'm not sure what to make of the results. I mean, it's better than my sleep test with no cpap (results below to compare) but am I wrong to wonder why there are dips to 85 at various times throughout the night when I had a GREAT night with regards to AHI??

What do i need to start looking into/researching as to why o2 is low without apnea events? Lung issues?

(I can't upload my sleep test image because I have reached my quota Sad My original sleep test showed 5 minutes below 85% and a dip all the way down to 64! yikes.)

Post Reply Post Reply
This isn't about CSR, but I've been told to keep all of my inquiries in a single post, so here goes. 

I've had an oximeter for a little over 3 weeks now. During my sleep test, my o2 dipped to 64 and freaked me out. During the same test my AHI was 25, so I was diagnosed with moderate OSA. The "moderate" didn't seem to make sense with such a low dip, so I wanted to monitor my o2.

Over the last 3 weeks, most nights I spend less than a minute under 89%, and much of the time I don't go below 87 when it does dip. My dr said that being <89% for 5 total minutes over the course of the night would qualify me for supplemental oxygen, so even though I am frustrated by the dips even when wearing a cpap, I guess it's more or less doing it's job.

A few nights have been worrisome though, and last night was one.  My o2 dipped to 79 and I was under 89% for over 42 seconds during that "instance". (Overall, I was below 89% for 3 minutes and 10 seconds.).  But the dip to 79 occurred when no other events were logged. Wondering if anyone has insight into this ~20min portion of my night.

(link to image, since I'm over my attachment quota)

https://imgur.com/a/VDCYXUa
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cheyne Stokes scare....should I be worried Snowy2020 3 741 01-09-2023, 09:03 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  [Equipment] Resmed Autosense - No Electricity Scare Zainabpb 14 2,280 12-04-2018, 10:18 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.