Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Poll: Are you underweight, overweight or near your ideal body weight?
This poll is closed.
I am under my ideal body weight
1.01%
1 1.01%
I am at or near my ideal body weight (less than 10 pounds or 4.5 kilograms above ideal body weight)
21.21%
21 21.21%
I am overweight (more than 10 pounds or 4.5 kilograms above ideal body weight)
77.78%
77 77.78%
Total 99 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

[Health] Body Weight and Sleep Apnea - POLL
RE: Body Weight and Sleep Apnea - POLL
No, no, red meat is fine, one of the better things for you, within limits. None of the rest of the stuff, though, although I would allow beets every now and again. What is life without Borscht?
Post Reply Post Reply
Doc Wils,
I've never had Borscht. I think I can live without it though. Smile
I've never given much thought to how much sugar I consume, and how much of our food here in the U.S. is loaded with it. The breads and pasta will be a real test for me.
Well it has taken me 6 months to get used to CPAP, now it's time to take control of my eating.
Thanks for your posts and the knowledge you impart.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
You are most welcome, OR. Borscht is Russian beet soup. Yep, a lot of stuff is full of sugars and salts you just don't need. So, yeah, it is a good idea to cut down. Your heart, your brain and all your organs will thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-21-2014, 10:39 AM)justMongo Wrote: I have 22 inch neck, shave my head, and drive a Ford F150!

Hmmm. Add to that your screen name, and we have four things that happen a lot together, four things that are probably even more coincidental than that you also have sleep apnea Cool

But that's certainly OK; some of my best friends fit that description.
Post Reply Post Reply
Doc,

I have a question concerning your healthy eating formula. Why are beef and chicken your meats of choice?

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
i am overweight, but have lost 20 ilbs in apnea therapy. also have type II diabetes, but a1c has dropped from 6.2 to 5.8. my mask is definitely helping out.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-29-2015, 11:14 AM)PaytonA Wrote: Doc,

I have a question concerning your healthy eating formula. Why are beef and chicken your meats of choice?

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Well, I have never liked pork for one thing, and it is pretty fatty besides, but also because on the whole they have, next to turkey, the least calories per gramme to produce the maximal nutritional impact.

I don't buy turkey here because there is almost no native production, mostly imports from Germany, and let us just say that by Swiss standards, how they raise them is unacceptable. On the other hand, there is a thriving chicken production here, as is a good beef production (think global, buy local). There is nothing per se to prevent you from eating pork as well, but for maximum impact, it is a bit less effective, but only a bit.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 215 Yesterday, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
Sad CSA, Body temperature and Spicy foods. Boodmaster 4 793 03-26-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Boodmaster
  Collars for positional sleep apnea Jimasripper 17 347 03-25-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  weight loss meds with cpap ButtonNoseBarbie 3 149 03-25-2024, 11:23 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 608 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Sleep Apnea or Something Else? RoughriderTR 6 284 03-23-2024, 04:43 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  Obstructive Sleep Apnea After Stroke Help MB123 1 74 03-23-2024, 01:08 PM
Last Post: Dormeo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.