Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Poll: Are you underweight, overweight or near your ideal body weight?
This poll is closed.
I am under my ideal body weight
1.01%
1 1.01%
I am at or near my ideal body weight (less than 10 pounds or 4.5 kilograms above ideal body weight)
21.21%
21 21.21%
I am overweight (more than 10 pounds or 4.5 kilograms above ideal body weight)
77.78%
77 77.78%
Total 99 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

[Health] Body Weight and Sleep Apnea - POLL
Body Weight and Sleep Apnea - POLL
In another thread there was mention of how body weight affects sleep apnea and someone brought up the fact that some normal weight people still have sleep apnea. I'm wondering if, among our members here, what percentage of sleep apnea sufferers are overweight?

Question: if you do have sleep apnea, do you consider yourself underweight, overweight or very close to your ideal body weight (say, within 10 pounds or 4.5 kilograms)?

Although there's no "standard", (and I realize this is quite subjective) here's a website to help you determine a range of ideal" body weights, based on age and height:

http://www.calculator.net/ideal-weight-calculator.html

You can use the above ideal weight calculator as a guideline, but since everyone's body type and fitness level is different, please take into consideration all factors to determine if you are overweight and use that when completing this poll.

This poll is only for those who have been diagnosed with sleep apnea, please.

Results are anonymous, so be honest.

Feel free to comment as well, of course! Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Body Weight and Sleep Apnea - POLL
I have 22 inch neck, shave my head, and drive a Ford F150!
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
I have struggled with weight problems since I was ten and I think I have had OSA a long time before I was diagnosed.
My Dad has had "untreated" OSA as far back as I can remember.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
In my "youth" I was always underweight and snored like a train. But in the last 15 years I am at or near my "ideal" weight still snore like a train but not sleeping well with symptoms and effects of OSA. I guess I am on the wrong side of the curve.
Post Reply Post Reply
I still retain my boyish figure. I wear the same size jeans I did in highschool. It's just that now they won't come up past my knees.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-21-2014, 11:27 AM)retired_guy Wrote: I still retain my boyish figure. I wear the same size jeans I did in highschool. It's just that now they won't come up past my knees.

You fit right in with the younger generation. I see a lot of them wearing their jeans around their knees or thereabouts. Dielaughing

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-21-2014, 10:39 AM)justMongo Wrote: I have 22 inch neck, shave my head, and drive a Ford F150!

We can use you for a projectile! Laugh-a-lot

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-21-2014, 11:34 AM)PaytonA Wrote:
(10-21-2014, 11:27 AM)retired_guy Wrote: I still retain my boyish figure. I wear the same size jeans I did in highschool. It's just that now they won't come up past my knees.

You fit right in with the younger generation. I see a lot of them wearing their jeans around their knees or thereabouts. Dielaughing

Payton 1, R_G zero!

(10-21-2014, 11:35 AM)PaytonA Wrote:
(10-21-2014, 10:39 AM)justMongo Wrote: I have 22 inch neck, shave my head, and drive a Ford F150!

We can use you for a projectile! Laugh-a-lot

I was one once.
[Image: A1E-avatar-228x100.jpg]
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
may waist is only 2 inches larger then when I was in the service so many years ago .. and weigh the same amount 145#
should be around 160 # for my height ..
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-21-2014, 12:00 PM)Whitewabit Wrote: may waist is only 2 inches larger then when I was in the service so many years ago .. and weigh the same amount 145#
should be around 160 # for my height ..

But your ears are quite long and you have a cute little twitchy nose.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 248 03-27-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
Sad CSA, Body temperature and Spicy foods. Boodmaster 4 797 03-26-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Boodmaster
  Collars for positional sleep apnea Jimasripper 17 356 03-25-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  weight loss meds with cpap ButtonNoseBarbie 3 157 03-25-2024, 11:23 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 616 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Sleep Apnea or Something Else? RoughriderTR 6 294 03-23-2024, 04:43 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  Obstructive Sleep Apnea After Stroke Help MB123 1 75 03-23-2024, 01:08 PM
Last Post: Dormeo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.