Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Health] Chronic migraine without aura, not intractable, without status migrainosus
Chronic migraine without aura, not intractable, without status migrainosus
Can anyone decipher this ICD 10-G43.709 code?

Chronic migraine without aura, not intractable, without status migrainosus.
Sleepster
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
RE: Chronic migraine without aura, not intractable, without status migrainosus
Chronic migraine without aura, not intractable, without status migrainosus. G43.709 is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes. The 2019 edition of ICD-10-CM G43.709 became effective on October 1, 2018.

A way to have a headache that is reimbursed by Medicare and insurance. Smile
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files

How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
chronic
Dictionary result for chronic
/ˈkrɒnɪk/Submit
adjective
(of an illness) persisting for a long time or constantly recurring.
"chronic bronchitis"
synonyms: persistent, long-standing, long-term, constantly recurring; More

migraine
Dictionary result for migraine
/ˈmiːɡreɪn,ˈmʌɪɡreɪn/Submit
noun
noun: migraine; plural noun: migraines
a recurrent throbbing headache that typically affects one side of the head and is often accompanied by nausea and disturbed vision.

aura
Dictionary result for aura
/ˈɔːrə/Submit
noun
noun: aura; plural noun: aurae; plural noun: auras
MEDICINE
a warning sensation experienced before an attack of epilepsy or migraine.

intractable
Dictionary result for intractable
/ɪnˈtraktəb(ə)l/Submit
adjective
adjective: intractable
hard to control or deal with.

Status Migraine “A debilitating Migraine attack lasting for more than 72 hours.

So it's a longstanding condition where the headache comes on without warning, lasts for less than 72 hours, and is not difficult to treat. In other words a normal migraine with none of the really nasty symptoms.
DeepBreathing
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Bed

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-19-2019, 09:07 PM)DeepBreathing Wrote: So it's a longstanding condition where the headache comes on without warning,  lasts for less than 72 hours, and is not difficult to treat.  In other words a normal migraine with none of the really nasty symptoms.

I used to have chronic headaches, but those stopped about 7 years ago shortly after starting CPAP therapy. I have nausea from anxiety but the migraine diagnosis is what the doc put on the form that I had to submit to my employer (FMLA Certification).
Sleepster
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
You may already know the following.
Over the counter options to reduce migraine, with some limited research support (because no money in them) include:
Vitamin B 2 (ribovlavin) 400 mg/day
magnesium 400 mg / day - side effects may include loose stool
Co Q 10 - 200 - 400 IU / day

I have migraine without headache and with aura that can send me into vertigo so bad I wind up in the ER to make sure it isn't a stroke. These have been helpful in reducing attacks. Most often, I have vision disturbances - grayed out blotches or skewed double vision.

Please organize your SleepyHead screenshots like this.
Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.