Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Health] Coffee / Caffeine
I've been addicted to coffee since I first started university 10 years ago!

I was wondering how coffee/tea has affected you. Did your caffeine consumption change after CPAP?
AHI of <5 since starting CPAP. Lowest recorded AHI is 0.9!!!

Sleep-well
Sleep apnea, we will beat you!!!
No effect on my therapy; consumption has not changed. Some welcome weight loss, however.
I've started drinking too much coffee again recently. Our old DeLonghi machine gave up after a lingering death and we bought a Breville Oracle and discovered Woogie beans. Now it's coffee at every opportunity. I need to reduce my intake, I think.
DeepBreathing
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Bed

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

My SIL bought hubby & I a Keurig machine several years ago and hubby said "Oh, I will never use it as much as you do." Yeah right.........now we buy 3 gallons of distilled water a week just to make sure I have enough distilled H2O for my cpap and he has enough for tea or coffee. I also drink too much coffee, just need a bit of energy to start my day.
IV my coffee please.....

Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. Access through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

I have changed my coffee practice but not due to CPAP. I have just found that if I drink coffee too late in the day, I have trouble going to sleep at bedtime. I used to drink coffee constantly right up to going to bed and had no problem getting to sleep. Not any longer but I backed off on the coffee before CPAP.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

I don't drink much coffee ... a cup during the day, when out
I like drinking tea, tea is refreshing drink

[Image: Tea-Pot.jpg]
I drink a large cup in the morning - I did that before CPAP and it's no different now. I love that cup in the morning, but that's all I drink. Caffeine isn't good for people who have Gerd.
That's true. I had one cup this morning and have heartburn already. Hello ranitidine...

Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. Access through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Distilled water for coffee? Dont-know

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  National Coffee Day (US) justMongo 8 290 09-30-2016, 10:42 PM
Last Post: GrammaBear
  Sacked for having a cup of coffee on the job zonk 44 2,689 06-19-2016, 04:28 AM
Last Post: FrankNichols
  Coffee - latte GrammaBear 20 1,421 01-22-2016, 05:00 PM
Last Post: S10wanderer
  Good news: No link between coffee consumption and common type of irregular heartbeat DeepBreathing 13 1,007 12-13-2015, 06:44 PM
Last Post: JohnnyH
  Where is the best coffee in the world? zonk 62 4,135 10-05-2015, 02:15 PM
Last Post: zonk
  New Coffee We Tried me50 46 4,422 08-30-2015, 07:15 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  so hard to get a good coffee Paptillian 38 5,831 05-24-2015, 08:40 PM
Last Post: 2PAPs