Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Health] Coffee / Caffeine
Coffee is good for the soul!

[attachment=1605]
OpalRose
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

How to Organize and Post ScreenShots

http://sleep.tnet.com/resources/sleepyhead/shorganize
https://sleep.tnet.com/reference/tips/imgur

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-19-2015, 08:24 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Distilled water for coffee? Dont-know

When working midnight shift in an analytical lab many years ago, my stomach seemed to get overly acid and bother me greatly by the end of the shift from the coffee. Switched to using distilled water (We had a water still in the lab) and no more GI problems at all. The distilled water does make some difference but I am not sure what it is.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-19-2015, 12:12 PM)PaytonA Wrote:
(07-19-2015, 08:24 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Distilled water for coffee? Dont-know

When working midnight shift in an analytical lab many years ago, my stomach seemed to get overly acid and bother me greatly by the end of the shift from the coffee. Switched to using distilled water (We had a water still in the lab) and no more GI problems at all. The distilled water does make some difference but I am not sure what it is.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Never heard of using distilled water... but I'll give it a try in the morning. Not as if I don't have gallons of it hanging around. Thanks for the suggestion! Coffee

Post Reply Post Reply

I used distilled water this morning. So far, I don't have that burning I always feel later in the morning. Amazing! Thanks for the suggestion, PaytonA!!

Wish I understood why distilled water helps the acid???

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbsup 3-4 Cups of COFFEE good for you! SuperSleeper 10 266 11-25-2017, 04:17 AM
Last Post: Ockrocket
  National Coffee Day (US) justMongo 8 648 09-30-2016, 10:42 PM
Last Post: GrammaBear
  Sacked for having a cup of coffee on the job zonk 44 3,621 06-19-2016, 04:28 AM
Last Post: FrankNichols
  Coffee - latte GrammaBear 20 1,935 01-22-2016, 05:00 PM
Last Post: S10wanderer
  Good news: No link between coffee consumption and common type of irregular heartbeat DeepBreathing 13 1,389 12-13-2015, 06:44 PM
Last Post: JohnnyH
  Where is the best coffee in the world? zonk 62 5,171 10-05-2015, 02:15 PM
Last Post: zonk
  New Coffee We Tried me50 46 5,548 08-30-2015, 07:15 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider