Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

My CPAP Died
My CPAP Died
My CPAP died a couple days ago and unfortunately It's going to take about a month to get a new one. 
My question is are there methods to keep my throat from getting sore from the gasping and choking while I'm waiting for the new machine? 
Also, Has anyone tried sleeping sitting upright, or are there positions that prevent snore/choking?
My foggy brain can't think of any more questions.
Any tips will be helpful..
Chris
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: My CPAP Died
Basically, you'll want to sleep somewhat elevated so that your airway doesn't collapse. I find a recliner is good for this, but we also have an adjustable bed.

You can even use a wedge pillow that raises your torso, rather than just your head. This will keep you from tucking your chin leading to obstruction.
My get-up-and-go musta got up and went.  Cool

Download OSCAR for your sleep data.  
https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR

Post Reply Post Reply
I know I could NOT get through the night without my Cpap by you need a backup in case this happens again. 

Supplier #2 shows they have ResMed 10 for her for under 800.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
I have always kept a spare in case. Check Craigslist ads, or the SearchTempest tool to look over a broader geographic area. Using the search term "Resmed"
will usually produce good results. You want the Autoset, not CPAP, but many people don't know what they have, so just review the images, use hours and price. Always ask if the machine has been in a house where anyone smoked. When you get your new machine, this one can resume a backup role.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dad's Cpap Machine Died SufiMindtricks 12 953 08-09-2023, 08:19 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Sad My AirCurve died lilymaebelle 3 542 12-30-2022, 11:39 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  machine died! Now new doctor and new machine Bjazzman 17 6,869 09-05-2022, 09:07 PM
Last Post: NValtman11
  [Equipment] CPAP circuit board testing with voltmeter? MAchine died and 4 month wait to be seen! agunslinger 2 699 04-16-2022, 12:13 PM
Last Post: agunslinger
  When your machine died .... did your AHI go up? Cpapian 29 2,500 08-09-2020, 02:25 AM
Last Post: Cpapian
  ResMed S9 SD Card Died SideSleeper 16 2,202 01-23-2020, 11:22 PM
Last Post: SideSleeper
  Advice Wanted: Current CPAP Died - what are my options now? iSnooze 19 3,408 07-24-2019, 05:08 AM
Last Post: iSnooze

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.