Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Health] Day sleeper
RE: Day sleeper
(11-09-2021, 04:37 PM)Gideon Wrote: Flow limits and gaps in your therapy

Flow Limits are driving your pressure and the presence of RERAs also speaks to Flow Limits so they are definitely on a watch list.  

How do you feel?
I'm feeling better now that I'm more or less adjusted to this pressure setting.  I'm considering asking my primary doctor for a referral to an ENT because I have a small nose and my mother has a deviated septum so it leads me to think maybe it needs to be looked at.  The pressure is pretty intense but I think in time I could get used to it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Try dropping your min to 8. Compare both settings without looking at OSCAR and let us know what you think.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-09-2021, 08:14 PM)Gideon Wrote: Try dropping your min to 8.  Compare both settings without looking at OSCAR and let us know what you think.

Sounds good.
Post Reply Post Reply
You will get used to the pressure in time. It will be interesting to see how these next steps work for you.

QAL
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-11-2021, 11:35 PM)quiescence at last Wrote: You will get used to the pressure in time.  It will be interesting to see how these next steps work for you.  

QAL

Actually I've left it at 9/15 EPR 3 because the last couple of nights I have been sub 2 AHI or numbers that looked really good, I don't remember exactly and haven't looked at my OSCAR data.  I'll look at them later but if I'm staying sub 3 AHI and feeling pretty good then I think that's a pretty big victory and wont mess with success.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am supportive of this strategy. Getting overall relief and restful sleep is a big key.

QAL
Post Reply Post Reply
I know CPAP therapy is a marathon, not a race but the past two nights I woke up tired/feeling tired all day.  I'm wondering if it's the flow limits.  I really want to avoid buying a Bipap but if that's the only cure I may have to figure out a way to afford it.  $1,700 is going to be a stretch for me though.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you have a cell phone, try to get an app that does a reasonable guess at what sleep stages you transition to thru the night. I am currently using free app called nap/prime or something like that. It can estimate if you are in N3 or REM and how much. It logs when and how often you are awake. You have to sleep with your phone laying on the bed next to you. I tuck mine just under the edge of my pillow.

QAL
Post Reply Post Reply
I tried something a little wacky last night.  I changed my pressure to 6 to 15 and turned off EPR.  My flow limit was a little high at .11 but I woke up feeling great.  I'm going to give this a few more nights!

Unfortunately I only had the SD card in for half the night but I can post what info I have if any of you are curious.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Side sleeper vs. Back sleeper readings Bob Cali 4 398 02-21-2024, 09:54 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Stomach Sleeper Mask Options LikeaGlove90 13 1,152 12-08-2023, 10:01 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  airfit: switching to P30i for side sleeper from P10??? rebean 2 553 09-28-2023, 12:37 PM
Last Post: rebean
  [Treatment] Best Mask for side sleeper and side to side flipper Sheela Hewitt 0 433 02-16-2023, 09:57 PM
Last Post: Sheela Hewitt
  Mask for side sleeper mouth breather BobbieM 17 2,711 04-18-2021, 06:16 AM
Last Post: JeffT
  Comfortable Cpap pillow for side sleeper Rice95 7 1,334 04-15-2021, 05:21 AM
Last Post: Rice95
  Favorite nasal headgear/cushions/pillows for a 100% side sleeper? Bobaloo 14 2,435 12-11-2020, 03:24 AM
Last Post: 2SleepBetta

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.