Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Health] Day sleeper
Day sleeper
Good morning forum goers,

I have been lurking for a couple of months now and decided to make an account.  I was wondering if there are any other day time sleepers here?  I am a day time sleeper and I am trying to adjust to it and cpap at the same time.  While this is far from my first overnight job, it is the first I've had in the past couple of years.  I started working an overnight job around three months ago and I started cpap therapy about two months ago.  I know sleep hygiene is a very important part of treating sleep apnea so I was hoping to see what I could learn from some of you here.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Day sleeper
Also if I wanted advice for my actual cpap therapy I should post it here right?  I saw a sticky that said keep our threads consolidated, is that they case here?
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, that would be great if you would post your charts here in this thread.
Follow the links in my signature line to guide you.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I worked rotating shifts for 30+ years. Mostly the PM and Graveyard. But, it wasn't until after I retired, that I started on CPAP. 

Rotating shifts can really mess with your overall health. Some handle it better than others do. For me, a dark room, a bedroom a/c unit separate from the whole house unit, and some quiet worked well. 

And, the younger you are, the less overall negative issues.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-22-2021, 06:35 PM)OpalRose Wrote: Yes, that would be great if you would post your charts here in this thread.
Follow the links in my signature line to guide you.
Awesome!  I will do that when I can.  
(10-22-2021, 07:09 PM)Big Guy Wrote: I worked rotating shifts for 30+ years. Mostly the PM and Graveyard. But, it wasn't until after I retired, that I started on CPAP. 

Rotating shifts can really mess with your overall health. Some handle it better than others do. For me, a dark room, a bedroom a/c unit separate from the whole house unit, and some quiet worked well. 

And, the younger you are, the less overall negative issues.

I'm glad you reminded me of these things.  I need to buy some blackout curtains and find a way to keep my cats from bugging me during the day.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is a screen shot from the last time I slept. I did my best to look through the wiki to make sure I posted the right graphs. Please let me know if I missed anything or if you would like screen shots of anything else.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
How do you feel?  Your numbers are mostly great. That means you need you to provide us with a critical peport of your symptoms.  It is important that you don't go down the proverbial rabbit hole chasing numbers which do not need to be changed.

That said your flow limits are high, we like to see less than a 0.10 95% reading.  The standard attack on this is to increase EPR, but your is maxed.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm feeling much better than how I was before I started cpap.  I have OCD so I'm glad you brought up the rabbit hole, because I could see myself going down it.  The main thing that can bother me is the pressure can get a little high and wake me.  Otherwise I'm very glad I'm getting treated and found the forums very helpful in dialing in my settings so far.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't doubt that something is bothering you and waking you. Can you be specific about why you feel it's your pressure going high?

Try this
Get a tall glass of water and a straw.
Now just blow bubbles.

Assumng the straw was 8 inches deep you just experienced the max pressure your CPAP is capable of. I dont question the problem, I doubt it is specifically pressure.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-24-2021, 08:03 PM)Gideon Wrote: I don't doubt that something is bothering you and waking you.   Can you be specific about why you feel it's your pressure going high?

Try this
Get a tall glass of water and a straw.  
Now just blow bubbles.  

Assumng the straw was 8 inches deep you just experienced the max pressure your CPAP is capable of.  I dont question the problem, I doubt it is specifically pressure.

Thank you very much for the feedback.  The next time I go to sleep I'm going to try to focus on asking myself what is waking me up and bring it back to you, because you're right I'm sure it's something more and part of me thinks it's the mask leak i get at the highest pressure and sometimes air shoots into my eye.  Perhaps this is a case of mask shopping.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Side sleeper vs. Back sleeper readings Bob Cali 4 402 02-21-2024, 09:54 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Stomach Sleeper Mask Options LikeaGlove90 13 1,158 12-08-2023, 10:01 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  airfit: switching to P30i for side sleeper from P10??? rebean 2 554 09-28-2023, 12:37 PM
Last Post: rebean
  [Treatment] Best Mask for side sleeper and side to side flipper Sheela Hewitt 0 437 02-16-2023, 09:57 PM
Last Post: Sheela Hewitt
  Mask for side sleeper mouth breather BobbieM 17 2,715 04-18-2021, 06:16 AM
Last Post: JeffT
  Comfortable Cpap pillow for side sleeper Rice95 7 1,337 04-15-2021, 05:21 AM
Last Post: Rice95
  Favorite nasal headgear/cushions/pillows for a 100% side sleeper? Bobaloo 14 2,438 12-11-2020, 03:24 AM
Last Post: 2SleepBetta

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.