Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Health] Day sleeper
RE: Day sleeper
yeah. not a bad night, and it shows that the machine can make the adjustments necessary. hope the leaks happening can be nailed down to a root cause. in the meantime could reduce the pressure max setting to 12 or 11.5 if med pressure stays around 10.5 just to see what happens.
noticed that EPAP rarely gets to travel below 6.60 so pressure min could be set to 6.60 plus EPR (3) = 9.6 without resulting in any real treatment change.

QAL
Post Reply Post Reply
I reduced my leaks considerably by trimming my beard short.  The numbers have been looking pretty similar but I still have some daytime sleepiness (technically during the night since I work nights.)  I'm not sure if my treatment just isn't good enough, if it's my poor sleep hygiene, or if it's medications that are to blame.  Or obviously a combination of some or all of those.  I take 4 medications and one of them is notorious for making people drowsy and one is known for perking people up, while the other two are more or less neutral.  I'm considering trying increasing my low end pressure a little, would that make my flow limits worse?
Post Reply Post Reply
It should not make flow limits worse.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
My number of centrals seem to be creeping up on me. Is there anything I can or should do about it?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Your Flow Limits are driving your pressure up. The best solution is to increase EPR (PS) but you are maxed out in this machine so we increase pressure
Min Pressure = 9 but thinking of more.
Max Pressure = 15 (to stay a\head of it)
By any chance do you have access to a VAuto? It may be in your future.
Post Reply Post Reply
I paid out of pocket for my current machine, well technically my mother did as a present. The DME I was sent to wanted just as much if not more for the machine and I would have had to jump through their compliance hoops too. Now that I know a little more about it I could see if there are other DMEs in network for me, though I know the options will be very limited due to me being on an HMO plan. Assuming I found a way to afford it, how do I convince my doctor that I need a Bipap?

Edit: I'll try those settings. Thanks a bunch.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thinking I would still support my previous post, and G's suggestions, but think the min pressure of above 10, say 10.5 would be good, and for the time being hold the max pressure to 13 or so. 15 would probably not be too bad, but might be apt to cause our good friend,  areophasia, or swallowed air.

QAL
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi quiescence at last, I will try Gideon's recommendation first. If the success is limited I'll creep up the lower end and if I have really bad side effects I'll move the high end down a little. Thanks for the feed back, both of you.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am a don't assume changing settings will make it worse kind of guy, but if it does note it and quickly react as appropriate.

I see way too much of if you do this your may, ONLY MAY, increase something you don't want to increase, so don't do it.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Side sleeper vs. Back sleeper readings Bob Cali 4 449 02-21-2024, 09:54 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Stomach Sleeper Mask Options LikeaGlove90 13 1,258 12-08-2023, 10:01 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  airfit: switching to P30i for side sleeper from P10??? rebean 2 584 09-28-2023, 12:37 PM
Last Post: rebean
  [Treatment] Best Mask for side sleeper and side to side flipper Sheela Hewitt 0 455 02-16-2023, 09:57 PM
Last Post: Sheela Hewitt
  Mask for side sleeper mouth breather BobbieM 17 2,758 04-18-2021, 06:16 AM
Last Post: JeffT
  Comfortable Cpap pillow for side sleeper Rice95 7 1,383 04-15-2021, 05:21 AM
Last Post: Rice95
  Favorite nasal headgear/cushions/pillows for a 100% side sleeper? Bobaloo 14 2,485 12-11-2020, 03:24 AM
Last Post: 2SleepBetta

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.