Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Health] Depression, sadness in this gloomy season
Rainbow 
Depression, sadness in this gloomy season
Folks, it's that time of year here in the northern hemisphere... a lot of folks are depressed, sad and gloomy during these short, darkened days of fall & winter...

Make sure you go outside and get some sunshine and exercise. Take some vitamin D if need be. Socialize and talk to friends. Don't let your guard down at this critical time. Decide to be happy. Plan your day accordingly.

Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Depression, sadness in this gloomy season
It certainly changes one's outlook this time of year. My kids and I were just talking about the way it seems so much later at say 7:00 pm when it's already been dark for over an hour to when in the spring/summer it's light til about 9:30 and 7pm seems pretty early then. It is kind of depressing when it's dark by 6pm and we've got just over a month of the days still getting shorter.

All good advice SuperSleeper! OK you talked me into it! I'll go for a walk this morning after the sun comes up. I'll probably need a walk as I've been awake since 01:30 with a headache. So great idea, thanks for reminding all of us!!

Dancing and I'll probably need more of this... Coffee
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
I think, I'll stay indoors and keep cool for the next couple days, forecast 37C and 39C Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Yep, that's me too. My doctor said my Vitiman D Levels were practically non-existent. Taking supplements now.

I'm going to take my Grandaughter to the park today. We will go for a walk until she decides to climb out of her stroller or it rains.....whatever comes first. Coffee
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-18-2015, 05:37 AM)zonk Wrote: I think, I'll stay indoors and keep cool for the next couple days, forecast 37C and 39C Smile

You "down-under" folks will probably need this reminder in about six months.

Too-funny
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
It's impossible for me to stay in the house all day even here in the rainy gloomy Pacific Northwest. Here's why--

[Image: P1010327.jpg]

Really, if you feel housebound -- GET A DOG!
Post Reply Post Reply
pretty pup...
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
Cat lovers might want to google "Friends of Felines Rescue Center 24/7 Kitty Cam." Does wonders for depression. Smile

49er
Post Reply Post Reply
I am one of the weird people who actually feel better in the winter months.
Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Respiratory depression from ASVauto? Dutchie 5 638 08-05-2023, 12:01 PM
Last Post: Dutchie
  My fatigue and depression and getting worse. Could it really be from my mild OSA?HELP allistairt 7 1,151 01-18-2022, 11:40 PM
Last Post: Geer1
  Opioid Induced Respiration Depression Geer1 6 1,023 11-18-2021, 04:39 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [CPAP] Anxiety, Panic, Depression worse on CPAP Brendon 10 1,976 06-30-2020, 12:45 AM
Last Post: Brendon
  [Symptoms] Severe OSA/Brain Fog/Depression/Confusion/Anxiety/Immune Deficiency sleepyman67 18 3,076 05-14-2020, 12:31 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Anybody had depression/anxiety improve with CPap? Sleepyabby 24 8,095 09-27-2019, 01:33 AM
Last Post: chill
  [Equipment] First Full Face Mask..Flu season coming! Allessio77 3 1,366 12-06-2017, 05:52 PM
Last Post: Sleep2Snore

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.