Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Health] Excessive wind
Excessive wind
I have been using my cpap machine for about 4 years with great results reducing my apneas from 45 to an average of 0.7. However, during the time I have been using it, I have been suffering  with excessive wind and was wondering wether this could be a side effect or just a coincidence and wether anyone else has experienced this. Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Excessive wind
Wind out your backside I assume you mean.   Grin   Yes, it is very common and called Aerophagia.  A lower pressure might help at the expense of a higher AHI.  I am not familiar with other ways to address it.
Post Reply Post Reply
I lowered my pressure to lesson the wind. I found a pressure that worked for me. Good luck to you.

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-08-2017, 03:39 PM)DeafGeoff Wrote: I have been using my cpap machine for about 4 years with great results reducing my apneas from 45 to an average of 0.7. However, during the time I have been using it, I have been suffering  with excessive wind and was wondering wether this could be a side effect or just a coincidence and wether anyone else has experienced this. Thanks

I had aerophagia really bad when I started. They switched me to a bi-level machine (BiPAP) and I've never looked back. Since then I've switched to an auto-adjusting bi-level machine. What some call an auto-BiPAP.

Bi-level means a lower level of pressure on exhaling, which helps. Also, the auto-adjusting feature (like on an APAP, for example) allows me to spend more time at lower pressures.

The lower the pressure, the less air you swallow. But you need a high enough pressure to treat the apnea.

There are still days when i have a bit of excessive wind, but there's no pain associated with it so it doesn't really bother me. Just the people around me. Too-funny
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
At least it is "Clean" wind... Get a hold of Rich Piana's (5% Nutrition Co.) product called "Real Food". I call it Real FARTS! You could clear a room...

But I digress.. not enough sleep as I am getting used to the CPAP.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  excessive snore on report jentlesoal 0 178 02-06-2024, 04:56 PM
Last Post: jentlesoal
  [Treatment] Excessive Sleepiness Despite "Good" Data. Advice Wanted iamverysleepy 2 675 10-19-2023, 05:59 PM
Last Post: iamverysleepy
  Excessive CA Events JoeS01 30 1,842 10-15-2023, 03:13 PM
Last Post: JoeS01
  Excessive air leak? JoeS01 3 440 09-21-2023, 06:21 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Oscar analysis - Excessive sleepiness after successful therapy jesslarsen21 3 631 06-03-2023, 10:14 AM
Last Post: gainerfull
  AirFit P10 Wind noise upon exhale Columbiabill 4 1,040 03-26-2023, 01:06 PM
Last Post: Columbiabill
  Excessive daytime sleepiness DH575 0 366 01-04-2023, 05:54 PM
Last Post: DH575

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.