Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Impact of one night without CPAP
RE: Impact of one night without CPAP
I've only been on CPAP for a few months and have not missed one single bed time without it. Unfortunately I have had a few occasions where I knocked the mask off (nasal pillows) or had problems sleeping and got up only to go back to bed and apparently fall asleep before putting the mask back on. I definitely notice a difference with CPAP but I am still pretty tired on many days and my memory and concentration still aren't where I'd like them to be but I hope that with time it will improve.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-13-2015, 08:23 AM)OpalRose Wrote: wxmcpo,
I think it's time you downloaded the SleepyHead software and start to track your therapy. It takes time to get used to a mask. Maby the one you are using does not fit you properly. Your mask should be comfortable without being too tight and allow you to sleep on your side or roll over without too many issues.
Your pressure settings may need adjusted, but without using software, it's hard to know what is going on.

It would be a good idea if you haven't done so already, is to start your own thread on this subject, as you would get a lot more attention and responses to your issue. Good luck.

I actually did start my own thread (Intro & Questions). I have also downloaded and use Sleepyhead to track my therapy, but am still really learning how to interpret the information. If I were to post something to the forum from the program what information would you need to give me an idea of what I should be doing differently? Thanks

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-11-2015, 08:44 PM)TyroneShoes Wrote: [quote='OMyMyOHellYes' pid='112801' dateline='1431258525']
The impact of one night without CPAP?

One of the problems of "not feeling crappy" is that feeling crappy is a good motivator to get therapy and to stay on it.

I never felt bad at all, which is why I don't feel any better now. It is also why I avoided the therapy for so long.

I don't know Unsure before I started this therapy I never had headaches,dry throat,general tired all over feeling and a couple of other things and sometimes I wonder if it's worth the trouble Thinking-about

Post Reply Post Reply
I generally feel better, but I had a night where I fell asleep before I could turn on the machine. I felt just fine the next day, but if the days went on like that I think I would feel it. I am very tempted to skip it for camping a few days as I don't have a battery and just blew the budget on the cpap machine. I suppose that is inadvisable?
Post Reply Post Reply
Recently I tried an oral device for travelling and just a bit of independance from the blower. I lasted 3 nights and it was a disaster. As a back story I felt the difference after probably the second night using cpap - no headache; fuzz; and heaps more energy. When I tried the failed oral device on the first day I was just tired; on the second day I was tired with a slight headache; and by the third I was a wreck with a migraine and exhaustion. Even though I have moderate apnea the oral device did nothing for me (bummer!). But as other have said, I had forgotten how I used to feel and if anything it seemed much worse than before (not sure why). For some reason I now am sensitive I think.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Impact of Resmed P10 on Nostrils ivan007 1 79 03-26-2024, 10:45 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
Cool [Diagnosis] Hello! Hola! New to CPAP, first night of SD card (Help Appreciated!) punkrockcholo 29 2,142 03-06-2024, 12:59 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Doubts about my diagnosis? (Test results + First night with CPAP) IAXEM 14 883 02-26-2024, 03:46 PM
Last Post: IAXEM
  New CPAP user - Longest night I've been able to keep it on bopbop 4 401 01-31-2024, 12:20 PM
Last Post: bopbop
  new CPAP user night 12 .......runny nose Barbara Williams 0 351 11-11-2023, 04:14 PM
Last Post: Barbara Williams
  [CPAP] Preparing for first night with CPAP (help required) applebee 2 433 10-28-2023, 11:20 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Night Guard use with CPAP brettski99 3 636 10-14-2023, 09:52 AM
Last Post: jstro84

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.