Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Health] High CSR?
RE: High CSR?
Hi Opal thanks I’ll get on that tomorrow and get back to you.
Post Reply Post Reply
It would be really helpful to see a daily detailed report rather than the summary statistics. In your chart posted above, you have used both variable and fixed pressure. It makes sense that EPR has not been used with predominately clear airway (central) apnea. I'd like to see the pattern and conditions that result in apnea before making any suggestions on settings.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
           Hi all and thanks for taking an interest. I've posted last nights stats and zoomed in on the CSR zone. I hope that helps. Many thanks again.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, that looks awful. With your chronically high central apnea and CSR have you ever discussed getting a titration test for ASV with your doctor?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Sleeprider, thanks for looking at my results. I'm really very new to looking at my apnea. I live in the UK where it is very difficult if not impossible to get on a sleep study without going privately, which is very expensive. I've basically been getting by for many years using an auto cpap machine, it was only very recently that things have taken a downward turn. I guess I'm trying to establish if I have developed a significant problem and maybe an idea as to what it is and then take it from there. I have to be honest I don't even know what a titration test is or what ASV means. I'll have to look that up and take it from there I guess. Again many thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
Help request regarding frequent CSR
    Hi again. I'm getting used to looking at my sleep data now. I'm still getting CSR reported by my ASV machine, a Resmed Airsense 10. I've attached a snapshot from last night. I understand it may be periodic breathing but the pattern is very pronounced. I've noticed it happens in the early morning as I'm starting to wake up. I'm 63 now, but wouldn't consider myself overweight, 88kg at 176cm. No evidence for hypertension either. Many thanks.  Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help request regarding frequent CSR
oneillkf - Since you already have a thread started on the same subject, I have merged this post into it. We prefer that all related posts be maintained in one thread for historical information by the reader.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
Ok, sure, no worries. Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
@OP
Airsense 10 isn't an ASV machine. Your AS10 Autoset is a very good APAP but does have limitations compared to an ASV.

I think the zoomed shot you posted is very helpful for the experts.
Can you post a shot of your whole daily report, not zoomed in?

You might want to browse around the wiki about the different types of machines and Central Apnea. So much good knowledge in the Wiki.

You can also look at the bottom of this thread for others that might be related to your questions to just browse what has been helpful for others.

I don't know how common it is to develop centrals after years of effective apap treatment. 
Have you seen a doctor for any other medical issues? Any cardiac concerns?
Post Reply Post Reply
oneillkf - ASV stands for "Adaptive Servo Ventilation". This is a very advanced (mega-euro (pound?)) model designed to address CAs. An AirSense 10 Autoset is a standard CPAP with variable pressure capability.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Low OA/H. Still high CA. How to lower them? jakeroviks 1 96 04-21-2024, 06:05 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  High flow limit, erratic breathing and resp rates jclarke131000 14 357 04-16-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: jclarke131000
  [Pressure] High pressure Tomarovsch 1 130 04-12-2024, 04:56 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Extremely high CA readings on the ResMed Airsense 11 Soleil211 1 171 04-08-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Phillips Dreamstation 2 High Disconnects mrsleepyhead2001 2 196 03-22-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mrsleepyhead2001
  Recently started CPAP -- very high proportion of Clear Airway Events matt2 0 182 03-17-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: matt2
  COSA, hypoxemia, AFIB, high BP, polycythemia, and CBTI? Motorheadrulz 45 4,669 03-16-2024, 11:21 AM
Last Post: Motorheadrulz

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.