Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Health] Interpreting sleep study results, EERS enhanced expiratory rebreathing space
RE: Interpreting sleep study results, EERS enhanced expiratory rebreathing space
I found these studies on flow limitations and waveforms https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4688581/ https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5566295/ https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19327180

Based off these studies, I've looked at the waveforms closer.
  • Auto CPAP EPR 3 with extra EERS
Good but a significant amount of Class 2, 4 and 7.
[Image: hhSzFBs.jpg]
  • Auto CPAP EPR 3 Standard EERS
Decent. Prolonged periods of shallow breathing with significant Class 6. Periods of normal breathing are similar to the above chart with extra EERS.
[Image: VrYvoq5.jpg]
  • Auto CPAP EPR 1 no EERS
Bad. Breathing significantly shallower than with EPR 3 or EERS (only 280 median tidal volume). Almost everything is Class 6 or 7.
[Image: qe6CJwd.jpg]
  • Auto BiPAP pressure support 4 no EERS
Good. Some class 7 at points but better than other charts. Main concern is periods of shallow breathing with more significant Class 6 or 7 (second picture), shallow breathing possibly caused by REM sleep?
[Image: N84UU4N.jpg]
[Image: sAbfttB.jpg]
  • Auto CPAP EPR 1 Standard EERS
Bad. Significant amounts of all. Class 4 most common followed by 2 and 7.
[Image: OnPFCnN.jpg]
  • Auto CPAP EPR 3 no EERS
Bad. Breathing significantly shallower than with EERS (only 300 median tidal volume). Almost everything is Class 7.
[Image: 694zyP0.jpg]

[Image: pQGnxYu.jpg][Image: jU1E1ts.jpg]
[Image: bqTjfcg.jpg]
[Image: duy7ENO.jpg]
Nothing I post is medical advice and should not be taken as such, always consult a medical professional for guidance.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Interpreting sleep study results, EERS enhanced expiratory rebreathing space
Hi, Joey, good job!

I have been indicating this Dr. Guilliminaut paper on my thread as well. It has been very useful for me on identification of RERA's in general, even those preceded by something ridiculous (in number of breaths and recution), yet, deleterious.

good luck
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-19-2019, 01:24 AM)JoeyWallaby Wrote: Auto CPAP EPR 1 Standard EERS (data from one night) data from here #58
[Image: ewiLXvD.png][Image: h2gz8tS.png][Image: Yvw1Ead.png][Image: CCMZIjG.png][Image: tkQMBKI.png][Image: EGQMorp.png][Image: sdYNH7G.png]

Auto CPAP EPR 3 Standard EERS (data from one night) data from here #69
[Image: co5R1Sh.png][Image: owaylUY.png][Image: 2X3WyIw.png][Image: 3OuX2f2.png][Image: fGrUSa9.png][Image: 84oSXff.png][Image: WhFBIDd.png]
Hi, Joey

from my side, my opinion keeps the same as before/above.

good luck
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-19-2019, 12:23 AM)JoeyWallaby Wrote: Should I try BiPAP again? EERS has significantly improved both tidal volume and amount of central apneas but the BiPAP waveforms look significantly better to me. What do people think?

I would defer to sleeprider and bonjour, but my view: yes!

Try it and see if the CAs reappear with the EERS.
Post Reply Post Reply
Charts from last night with extra EERS. I think I need a replacement mask.
Full data https://www.mediafire.com/file/v5nuhgpkk...S.zip/file (password apneaboard)

[Image: lcaVnNj.jpg][Image: 3jTsF8Q.jpg][Image: jqa1nyq.jpg][Image: ngfpiXl.jpg]
Nothing I post is medical advice and should not be taken as such, always consult a medical professional for guidance.
Post Reply Post Reply
If I bought/rented a BiPAP, what settings should I start with?
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi, Joey
Great acquisition!
Just because i am already in your case, It might be i would be able to help you getting your fine-tuned EPAPmin and PS ,IPAPmax, say, within some 15 days, depending your tolereance to PS, normal RR while sleeping, and so on.
Would you willing to follow the semi-quantitative methodology i have been trying to introduce, or at least, something of It, always taking into condiderations your suggestions, of course?
Please, refers to my thread, most recent posts.
Please, could you Tell me what your basic on Excel, counting manually arousals, RERA (flagged or not). You appears better than me, actually.

I Will return later.

All the best.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-20-2019, 12:10 AM)JoeyWallaby Wrote: If I bought/rented a BiPAP, what settings should I start with?

Bilevel pressures fixed at IPAP 12/ EPAP 8 (PS4).
Bilevel Auto  IPAP 16 EPAP 7 PS 4.

Your need for EERS would continue with bilevel, but you have not apparent CA at this time. I have no idea what your current therapy would look like if you removed EERS.  If CA remained low without EERS, you would have show adaptation to the CPAP and current EPR. If it jumps up, then clearly EERS would need to continue.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
First night bilevel. S9 vauto. Ignore the leakage, my mask is damaged. New one in mail. No EERS.
Data (password apneaboard) https://www.mediafire.com/file/3f6akxsxh...p.zip/file

Mode
VAuto

Max IPAP

Min EPAP

PS

Ti Max

Ti Min

Trigger
Med

Cycle
Med

Max Ramp
Off

Summary
[Image: Q7kTHN8.jpg]
Events
[Image: 4gf4B1S.jpg]
[Image: v0MAXo8.jpg]
[Image: khLSwQW.jpg]
[Image: SW2Rqh1.jpg]
Waveforms
[Image: vlDcRFk.jpg]
[Image: xuBQjm6.jpg]
[Image: SDdK3aI.jpg]
[Image: mHh9lyS.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
A lot of mask leaks again. Seems you need to resolve those.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PSG Results: Could this be UARS? deebob 260 18,356 Yesterday, 01:48 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  My sleep study (starting out) sabletaurus 5 167 04-16-2024, 07:24 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Oscar CPAP Optimization Results-Awesome!? SeePak 18 397 04-16-2024, 05:32 AM
Last Post: SeePak
  [Treatment] Help with interpreting OSCAR results 6bez8dF5lf 7 194 04-15-2024, 10:13 AM
Last Post: 6bez8dF5lf
  First night with new Bipap after sleep study and 37 AHI mostly CA PandaZA 87 1,384 04-13-2024, 09:07 AM
Last Post: PandaZA
  Test results Kmzizzle 18 1,541 04-12-2024, 10:36 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Need help interpreting the data Hopey 2 112 04-12-2024, 09:40 AM
Last Post: Hopey

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.