Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Health] Interpreting sleep study results, EERS enhanced expiratory rebreathing space
RE: Interpreting sleep study results, EERS enhanced expiratory rebreathing space
..... forgot to mention great ENTS' last resource, the 5th, to treat UARS: surgery, which appears succeed in some 45/50% of the cases.

All the best
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Interpreting sleep study results, EERS enhanced expiratory rebreathing space
(11-30-2019, 04:26 AM)JoeyWallaby Wrote:
(11-29-2019, 06:56 AM)slowriter Wrote: Why did you change the settings? I thought you said you felt good at the previous one?

I don't know, just experimenting.

It seems like you're kind of stabbing in the dark, without an organizing theory.

You're CAs did indeed increase a fair bit without EERS.

I still think my suggestion above makes more sense, which is:
  1. Titrate the EERS (6 vs 12 vs 18, or not at all) to eliminate, or virtually eliminate, CAs
  2. Adjust, slowly, carefully, consistently, PS and min EPAP to fine-tune the rest
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-30-2019, 07:19 AM)slowriter Wrote:
(11-30-2019, 04:26 AM)JoeyWallaby Wrote:
(11-29-2019, 06:56 AM)slowriter Wrote: Why did you change the settings? I thought you said you felt good at the previous one?

I don't know, just experimenting.

It seems like you're kind of stabbing in the dark, without an organizing theory.

You're CAs did indeed increase a fair bit without EERS.

1. Titrate the EERS (6 vs 12 vs 18, or not at all) to eliminate, or virtually eliminate, CAs
  2. Adjust, slowly, carefully, consistently, PS and min EPAP to fine-tune the rest

To be more specific, I would just stick with the current EERS setup for a week, and some stable min EPAP and PS, and then see where you're at.
Post Reply Post Reply
Joey, have we ever discussed using a high sensitivity for trigger and longer Ti Min?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-30-2019, 11:19 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Joey, have we ever discussed using a high sensitivity for trigger and longer Ti Min?

I'd like to know what you're thinking here, sleeprider, as I still don't really understand under what conditions you'd change Ti min, and how you'd do it.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-30-2019, 07:19 AM)slowriter Wrote:
(11-30-2019, 04:26 AM)JoeyWallaby Wrote: I don't know, just experimenting.

Maybe lol  Whistle

(11-30-2019, 08:43 AM)slowriter Wrote:
(11-30-2019, 07:19 AM)slowriter Wrote: You're CAs did indeed increase a fair bit without EERS.

To be more specific, I would just stick with the current EERS setup for a week, and some stable min EPAP and PS, and then see where you're at.
I agree, I'll stick with my current settings and EERS for now.

(11-30-2019, 11:19 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Joey, have we ever discussed using a high sensitivity for trigger and longer Ti Min?
No, we haven't. Trigger and cycle are on high. I've had Ti Min on 0.1 mostly to lower the amount of cofounding variables. I'm not opposed to raising it.

(11-30-2019, 06:47 AM)mper6794 Wrote: ..... forgot to mention great ENTS' last resource, the 5th, to treat UARS: surgery, which appears succeed in some 45/50% of the cases.

All the best
Even I wanted to, I can't afford it.

(11-30-2019, 05:59 AM)mper6794 Wrote: _ First, I think would be worth going back to these my observations above.  You have taken measures, and are taking your therapy on your hands: this is great! 

_Your night above came in line with your diagnostic: you are an UARS sufferer. To treat this, as pretty much by protocol of great ENT's,  first thing would be take measures (position, mainly; collar, second; no sedating if possible, third; and, then, fourth: fine-tuned, balanced, EPAPmin x PS;

_Your EPAPmin x PS seesaw, pivoted on normal RR, are not balanced yet;

_Repeating myself: absolute majority of your CA's, if no all of them, in my opinion, are fake events on account of arousal/awakening-sleep transition, as well as unbalance EPAmin x PS. 

_For instance, your semi-quantitative plots and my interpretations suggest you would be on too high EPAPmin, and too low PS. A fine-tuning cycle could start at EPAPmin: 6.0 and P.S: 5.6, as I mentioned above.

_your respiration are going out of track with the EERS, as on the historic I sent you yesterday by e-mail (not possible to post here, limits....don't like go out of jus posting here). It backed perfectely on tracks this last night (as by e-mail I have just sent to you).

_However, as said before, I would not like to interfere on your experience with the EERS; I think could be of great value for others, eventually, in special cases of true serious drawbacks on Periodic Breathing, etc.

all the best
I'm not on any sedating medication. The cervical collar seems to help, there were at least two times in the sleep recording where I would have tucked my chin without the collar... and I know the tape helps from just looking at the leak rate with it vs without it. I feel like EPAP Min 6.0 is too low?

Why do you think, with the same settings, I had almost no events with EERS, while without EERS I had a lot of events? Is there something in the EERS charts that you don't like vs the without EERS charts?

EERS. EPAP Min 8.0 PS 5.0.
[Image: svISHNo.jpg]

EERS lowered settings. EPAP min 7.4 PS 4.6.
[Image: jWzU3ir.jpg]

No EERS. EPAP Min 8.0 PS 5.0.
[Image: ZQsYKQ0.jpg]
Nothing I post is medical advice and should not be taken as such, always consult a medical professional for guidance.
Post Reply Post Reply
_hi, joey

_ I am afraid I have not making my point properly.

_ Let me try simpler: your CA's are just syntoms. Causes of them are REM/leaks-dependent (before you exchanged mask), untreated tens of arousal/awakenings-sleep transitions >> fake CA's , unbalanced EPAPmin x PS >> fake CA's, and tossing and turning >> fake CA's.

_ and, I think, if were me I would choose treat causes, rather syntoms;

_of course, you can choose treat syntoms, rather than causes, by using the EERS, at the cost of keep on going with and abnormal respiration along time, and with an untreated UARS.

all the best
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-30-2019, 02:46 PM)mper6794 Wrote: _hi, joey

_ I am afraid I have not making my point properly.

_ Let me try simpler: your CA's are just syntoms. Causes of them are REM/leaks-dependent (before you exchanged mask), untreated tens of arousal/awakenings-sleep transitions >> fake CA's , unbalanced EPAPmin x PS >> fake CA's, and tossing and turning >> fake CA's.

_ and, I think, if were me I would choose treat causes, rather syntoms;

_of course, you can choose treat syntoms, rather than causes, by using the EERS, at the cost of keep on going with and abnormal respiration along time, and with an untreated UARS.

I suspect most of the experts on this forum, who have much more experience than you or I, would strongly disagree with this.

I think your last statement, frankly, is irresponsible. You yourself admitted you have little knowledge of EERS, and no experience with it.

Just compare and contrast the same min EPAP (8) and PS settings (5), with EERS and without.

With EERS, it looks really good, with very low AHI, and hardly any reported CAs.

Certainly that's a good starting point.

Without EERS, a substantial increase in reported CAs.

What percentage are real or false positive is almost immaterial; he seemed to have slept better regardless.
Post Reply Post Reply
Going to bed now, so we'll be able to compare more with data in like 10 hours.
Nothing I post is medical advice and should not be taken as such, always consult a medical professional for guidance.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi, Slowriter(thanks), Joey, everyone

_Just tried make my point clearer, maybe too reinforced. No ofense. Apologies, just in case.
_ Joey, the settings i mentioned would be just to start up a cycle, collecting data, and get fine-tuned parameters within maximum some 10/15 days.
Have a good night!

All the best
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Diagnosis] Got sleep study results and I am quite fustrated ewarner64 5 56 1 hour ago
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  PSG Results: Could this be UARS? deebob 260 18,379 04-17-2024, 01:48 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  My sleep study (starting out) sabletaurus 5 170 04-16-2024, 07:24 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Oscar CPAP Optimization Results-Awesome!? SeePak 18 403 04-16-2024, 05:32 AM
Last Post: SeePak
  First night with new Bipap after sleep study and 37 AHI mostly CA PandaZA 87 1,393 04-13-2024, 09:07 AM
Last Post: PandaZA
  Test results Kmzizzle 18 1,545 04-12-2024, 10:36 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Need help interpreting the data Hopey 2 116 04-12-2024, 09:40 AM
Last Post: Hopey

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.