Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Health] Interpreting sleep study results, EERS enhanced expiratory rebreathing space
RE: Interpreting sleep study results, EERS enhanced expiratory rebreathing space
I feel terrible today. Where charts end is where I took the mask off and spelt for multiple hours after that. I don't know why AHI is so high and leakage as well... no alcohol, taped mouth, mask on pretty secure, EERS on. I'm thinking of increasing min pressure to 10 and turning off EPR.

Can anybody look at data for this night and tell me if there is anything interesting? https://www.mediafire.com/file/th5nm2qmw...e.zip/file (password apneaboard)

[Image: iNPh19N.jpg]
[Image: hoZjKIK.jpg]
[Image: OmvRowO.jpg]
[Image: Kd6iqJq.jpg]
[Image: wWvs0VX.jpg]
[Image: NZah0Gh.jpg]
Nothing I post is medical advice and should not be taken as such, always consult a medical professional for guidance.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Interpreting sleep study results, EERS enhanced expiratory rebreathing space
Hi, Joey
no wonder reasons why your are feeling poorly. Keep on going with a very compromised respiration and an untreated UARS (see attached).
Hope, you and our fellows here, would agree: with all respect and consideration for everybody,  as i have already mentioned earlier; best alternative for you would be moving the soonest as you can to BPAP.
good luck
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-14-2019, 12:54 AM)JoeyWallaby Wrote: I feel terrible today. Where charts end is where I took the mask off and spelt for multiple hours after that. I don't know why AHI is so high and leakage as well... no alcohol, taped mouth, mask on pretty secure, EERS on. I'm thinking of increasing min pressure to 10 and turning off EPR.

Why would you turn off the EPR? That doesn't make any sense to me.

I think you need to resolve the leaks first.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-14-2019, 05:35 AM)mper6794 Wrote: Hi, Joey
no wonder reasons why your are feeling poorly. Keep on going with a very compromised respiration and an untreated UARS (see attached).
Hope, you and our fellows here, would agree: with all respect and consideration for everybody,  as i have already mentioned earlier; best alternative for you would be moving the soonest as you can to BPAP.
good luck
Thank you very much for the cool chart. How are you making these?
Do you think trying a higher EPR value would be beneficial, considering the CAs appear to be controlled by using EERS?

(11-14-2019, 07:09 AM)slowriter Wrote:
(11-14-2019, 12:54 AM)JoeyWallaby Wrote: I feel terrible today. Where charts end is where I took the mask off and spelt for multiple hours after that. I don't know why AHI is so high and leakage as well... no alcohol, taped mouth, mask on pretty secure, EERS on. I'm thinking of increasing min pressure to 10 and turning off EPR.

Why would you turn off the EPR? That doesn't make any sense to me.

I think you need to resolve the leaks first.
I'll try putting my mask (N20 Classic) on tighter tonight.
Nothing I post is medical advice and should not be taken as such, always consult a medical professional for guidance.
Post Reply Post Reply
hi, Joey,
Thank you very much for the cool chart. How are you making these?....just gathering from your post and bring to excel, updating daily...
Do you think trying a higher EPR value would be beneficial,....No, I don't think so. Although it slightly better with EPR 3, however far from enough..... considering the CAs......as I have mentioned earlier, it looks to me your CA's would be all fake events at sleep/arousal/awakenings transitions.... appear to be controlled by using EERS?....don't know much about this.

gl 
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-14-2019, 07:48 AM)mper6794 Wrote: hi, Joey,
Thank you very much for the cool chart. How are you making these?....just gathering from your post and bring to excel, updating daily...
Do you think trying a higher EPR value would be beneficial,....No, I don't think so. Although it slightly better with EPR 3, however far from enough..... considering the CAs......as I have mentioned earlier, it looks to me your CA's would be all fake events at sleep/arousal/awakenings transitions.... appear to be controlled by using EERS?....don't know much about this.

gl 

EPR 3 far from enough. Do you think a PS of more like 5-6 is required to treat UARS?
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-14-2019, 08:01 AM)JoeyWallaby Wrote:

gl 

EPR 3 far from enough. Do you think a PS of more like 5-6 is required to treat UARS?
...It would depend on your normal RR, analyses, and so on......PS could be just 3.6, for instance, yet changing everything. You know, each person has his "good enough", no beat below or above, so to say....it has to be fine-tuned.
gl
Post Reply Post Reply
The last night of charts shows persistent flow limitations and indicate the need for more pressure support / EPR. It appears that EPR was turned down to 1 which is the opposite of where this needs to go. Restore EPR to the highest setting, and work on the leaks.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
EPR 3, min pressure 10 with EERS. Put mask on more securely and taped mouth, reduced leaks a lot. I feel good today.

Full data https://www.mediafire.com/file/d17akbjln...e.zip/file (password apneaboard)

gl 
Are these CAs, "real" CAs?

[Image: LhtruWp.jpg]
[Image: ge3gsTP.jpg][Image: YwJhXlP.jpg][Image: 6sC79Zl.jpg][Image: xKyNcmC.jpg][Image: I0wOQGr.jpg][Image: ePMpPGA.jpg][Image: 14hgCj7.jpg][Image: fAr7QKH.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, these are real Treatment-emergent central apneas. If these show consistently you could increase the length of the re-breathe tube and thus reduce the CA events.
There would be a balance between the rebreathe volume/length and the amount of PS or EPR is used.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 248 03-27-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  [CPAP] Titration Study liebano 2 78 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 535 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  Help Interpreting Charts to ID Potential Palatal Prolapse - Deep Sleep Issue reedro287 5 112 03-26-2024, 08:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 133 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 193 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  New sleep study after 17 years? Jim1952 2 120 03-21-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Jim1952

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.