Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Health] Interpreting sleep study results, EERS enhanced expiratory rebreathing space
RE: Need help interpreting sleep study results (full report included)
Charts from last two night... I feel terrible. I've noticed I tend to have few events for the first 30-50% of the night but then it gets bad in the last 70%-50% Thinking-about Also on the earlier low AHI charts using APAP, the median tidal volume is 280-320... while on these recent high AHI charts using CPAP the median tidal volume is 420-440  Thinking-about

Earlier charts I'm talking about
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/attachm...?aid=16273
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/attachm...?aid=16319
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/attachm...?aid=16394
(10-28-2019, 07:47 AM)mper6794 Wrote: Hi, Joey
your sleep study indicated 14.1 arousal/hr (one each 4.0 min) and, indeed, your charts have suggesting arousal/ratio at that range, minimum. Therefore, it would very likely there would be no way to feel good for while.
In accordance, your FL indexes are too high, even taking into account only flagged FL/RERA’s. It appears, with Min Pressure as high as 9.0, you have not experienced improvements with your APAP. Would you experience with even higher pressures, at not detrimental levels? I don't think so.
Then, the only alternative I could suggest you would be start thinking on changing to BPAP, as soon as you can.

Hope others here could step in and shed lights also.

Good luck
How would a bilevel help me?
Nothing I post is medical advice and should not be taken as such, always consult a medical professional for guidance.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi, Joe
No wonder you feel terrible. You are in the middle of sea of untreated FL/RERA’s and consequent awakenings, which in turn, create false events (OA and CA’s), in particular, second half of your nights.
Too high pressure leading to high leak and an jeopardized theray.
Well, why BPAP? I am not any expert in nothing at all. However, based on my resolved case and so many others (resolved and still to decide for BPAP) in this Forum and others, all indicate there would be no satisfactory solution for chronic FL/RERA’s out of BPAP, unless I have been missing a lot on these. PS>3.0 would allow to better ventilation while opening your airways, at lower pressure, lowering your leaks, more comfort, not to say on other parameters BPAP allow to adjust, such as Ti, cycling, etc.

Plenty of literature and others here could eventually shed more lights in your case.
Good luck
Post Reply Post Reply
Chart from last night

(10-30-2019, 05:53 AM)mper6794 Wrote: Hi, Joe
No wonder you feel terrible. You are in the middle of sea of untreated FL/RERA’s and consequent awakenings, which in turn, create false events (OA and CA’s), in particular, second half of your nights.
Too high pressure leading to high leak and an jeopardized theray.
Well, why BPAP? I am not any expert in nothing at all. However, based on my resolved case and so many others (resolved and still to decide for BPAP) in this Forum and others, all indicate there would be no satisfactory solution for chronic FL/RERA’s out of BPAP, unless I have been missing a lot on these. PS>3.0 would allow to better ventilation while opening your airways, at lower pressure, lowering your leaks, more comfort, not to say on other parameters BPAP allow to adjust, such as Ti, cycling, etc.

Plenty of literature and others here could eventually shed more lights in your case.
Good luck
If I'm suffering from treatment-induced central apneas from overventilation causing hypercapnia, wouldn't a bipap make it worse? How can you tell if I'm suffering from treatment-induced central apneas or UARS?
Nothing I post is medical advice and should not be taken as such, always consult a medical professional for guidance.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi, Joey
I am afraid it would hard to go further on more explanations for you, only with full night and limited charts. Could you please post these charts and scales, so that we could for more detailed analysis:

Don't need event chart (so long events appear in the others).
Pressure,
FR (-120 to 120)
RR(10 to 20; with the median reference line),
FL(can be very compressed),
TV(max 600; with the median reference line)
Leak(can be very compressed).

thanks and good luck
Post Reply Post Reply
...full night charts, and some 10min-duration windows.

thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Would it be easier to look at in OSCAR yourself? https://www.mediafire.com/file/af98zr85p...a.zip/file (password is apneaboard)
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi, Joey
Sorry...appologies.... I am afraid I would not need that much. And, also, our fellows here (who's opinions always count a lot and help shedding lights) would have to do the same and open up your files.

all the best
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't understand what you want.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok..
Later on, with more time, i Will try to download your files, analyse them, and post back some stretches.
Gl
Post Reply Post Reply
...or, alternatively, maybe someone here, with more expertise than me (not difficult!) could do this download and post some.
Gl
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Diagnosis] Got sleep study results and I am quite fustrated ewarner64 5 64 4 hours ago
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  PSG Results: Could this be UARS? deebob 260 18,387 04-17-2024, 01:48 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  My sleep study (starting out) sabletaurus 5 170 04-16-2024, 07:24 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Oscar CPAP Optimization Results-Awesome!? SeePak 18 404 04-16-2024, 05:32 AM
Last Post: SeePak
  First night with new Bipap after sleep study and 37 AHI mostly CA PandaZA 87 1,395 04-13-2024, 09:07 AM
Last Post: PandaZA
  Test results Kmzizzle 18 1,546 04-12-2024, 10:36 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Need help interpreting the data Hopey 2 116 04-12-2024, 09:40 AM
Last Post: Hopey

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.