Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Health] Interpreting sleep study results, EERS enhanced expiratory rebreathing space
RE: Need help interpreting sleep study results (full report included)
(11-03-2019, 07:42 AM)JoeyWallaby Wrote: I don't understand what you want.
...It may some examples of charts From my single thread here would eventually help you on what we generally need for a better analysis and suggestions.

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...wer?page=2

Gl
Post Reply Post Reply
Back to S9 auto. Min 8, max 16, EPR 1. I made an EERS setup and used it last night. It's basically the same as this one on the wiki. Everything went good but when the charts end is where I woke up with water in my mask. I'm using climateline tubing with climate ctrl on auto. How can I set things up so that doesn't happen?

Here's the charts and data https://www.mediafire.com/file/1shnqwkn3...S.zip/file (password is apneaboard)

(10-13-2019, 07:31 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: The event types and frequency using the S9 Elite at 10/7 pressure using EPR 3 are consistent in type and frequency with your sleep test.  The close-up of the flow wave show flow limitation as suggested by MPER, even with the 3-cm pressure support from EPR.  My concern with higher bilevel pressure support would be the frequency of CA would likely increase, and it is already twice the level of your hypopnea.  From this chart compared to your sleep test, we see a reversal of the CA and H indices and hypopnea is very low.  It's possible that we could control hypopnea to lower levels by using CPAP, and reduce CA by either reducing EPR or using some enhanced expiratory rebreathing space (EERS)  http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ace_(EERS) .  Read the linked wiki and let me know what you think.  These are not a difficult DIY solution if you are handy.
I've got an EERS setup now, I tried using it last night.

(11-03-2019, 08:03 AM)mper6794 Wrote: Ok..
Later on, with more time, i Will try to download your files, analyse them, and post back some stretches.
Gl
I think I have the charts set up how you want.
Nothing I post is medical advice and should not be taken as such, always consult a medical professional for guidance.
Post Reply Post Reply
Maybe you could try covering the eers setup with a hose cosy (apart from the vent) to keep it warm to reduce condensation causing the rainout
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi, Joey
finally, your chart are almoste there...thanks.

How do your feel this night?

Your chart is plagued by plateaued type unflagged FL, as well as arousal/awakenings. examples: 4;30 false OA following awakenings, unecessary bump in pressure. 5;38...false OA, awakening before REM, 6:30 ..awakening....6;50 likely another REM.
It looks your are having some architeture; this is good.
However, your I:E  index  close to 1.0 is clearly compromised.
It appears there would  not be much doubt left you could benefit a lot from going to BPAP.

good luck
Post Reply Post Reply
...maybe it would worth taking a look at my my thread/post from today...it has to do with your case.
good luck
Post Reply Post Reply
That is really clean! I think for humidification, you should follow the suggestion to put a cover on the EERS (a sock might work with rubber bands). That will reduce the chance of condensation. I often use the manual mode with the setting at 4 and temperature at 27 C.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-06-2019, 07:42 AM)mper6794 Wrote: Hi, Joey
finally, your chart are almoste there...thanks.

How do your feel this night?

Your chart is plagued by plateaued type unflagged FL, as well as arousal/awakenings. examples: 4;30 false OA following awakenings, unecessary bump in pressure. 5;38...false OA, awakening before REM, 6:30 ..awakening....6;50 likely another REM.
It looks your are having some architeture; this is good.
However, your I:E  index  close to 1.0 is clearly compromised.
It appears there would  not be much doubt left you could benefit a lot from going to BPAP.

good luck
(11-06-2019, 07:45 AM)mper6794 Wrote: ...maybe it would worth taking a look at my my thread/post from today...it has to do with your case.
good luck
I only slept 1/3 of the night with CPAP due to early awakening from water in mask so I can't really say. What do you mean by plateaued type unflagged FL, a flattening of the inspiratory curve? What does I:E index mean? Wouldn't I be best trying a higher EPR value first? Is this the post you're talking about?
(11-06-2019, 02:44 AM)jaswilliams Wrote: Maybe you could try covering the eers setup with a hose cosy (apart from the vent) to keep it warm to reduce condensation causing the rainout
(11-06-2019, 08:54 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: That is really clean!  I think for humidification, you should follow the suggestion to put a cover on the EERS (a sock might work with rubber bands). That will reduce the chance of condensation.  I often use the manual mode with the setting at 4 and temperature at 27 C.
Okay, I'll try covering it with some kind of fabric insulation. Thank you.
Nothing I post is medical advice and should not be taken as such, always consult a medical professional for guidance.
Post Reply Post Reply
Joey, I would like to use the following before and after images in the EERS wiki with a link back to this thread.  These both are using similar auto-pressure with EPR and show the kind of control of CA that EERS may provide. What's really impressive in this comparison is the improvement in tidal volume and minute vent. Amazing!  Are you okay with that?

Before:
[Image: attachment.php?aid=16166]

After:
[Image: attachment.php?aid=16799]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-05-2019, 11:02 PM)JoeyWallaby Wrote: Everything went good but when the charts end is where I woke up with water in my mask. I'm using climateline tubing with climate ctrl on auto. How can I set things up so that doesn't happen?

Exact same thing happened to me the night I tried it. I assume maybe changing the climate settings could help, but not sure how. I haven't continued using EERS, so haven't needed to figure it out.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-06-2019, 12:33 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Joey, I would like to use the following before and after images in the EERS wiki with a link back to this thread.  These both are using similar auto-pressure with EPR and show the kind of control of CA that EERS may provide.  What's really impressive in this comparison is the improvement in tidal volume and minute vent. Amazing!  Are you okay with that?

Before:
[Image: attachment.php?aid=16166]

After:
[Image: attachment.php?aid=16799]
That's fine, thanks Sleeprider. We'll see if the effects are persistent across the next few nights.

(11-06-2019, 12:50 PM)slowriter Wrote:
(11-05-2019, 11:02 PM)JoeyWallaby Wrote: Everything went good but when the charts end is where I woke up with water in my mask. I'm using climateline tubing with climate ctrl on auto. How can I set things up so that doesn't happen?

Exact same thing happened to me the night I tried it. I assume maybe changing the climate settings could help, but not sure how. I haven't continued using EERS, so haven't needed to figure it out.
Interesting, I'll tell you how it goes.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 243 Yesterday, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  [CPAP] Titration Study liebano 2 78 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 532 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  Help Interpreting Charts to ID Potential Palatal Prolapse - Deep Sleep Issue reedro287 5 102 03-26-2024, 08:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 133 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 192 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  New sleep study after 17 years? Jim1952 2 120 03-21-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Jim1952

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.