Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Health] Interpreting sleep study results, EERS enhanced expiratory rebreathing space
RE: Need help interpreting sleep study results (full report included)
(11-06-2019, 10:50 AM)JoeyWallaby Wrote: I only slept 1/3 of the night with CPAP due to early awakening from water in mask so I can't really say. What do you mean by plateaued type unflagged FL, a flattening of the inspiratory curve? .......yes......  x mean? .... Sorry....... inspiration:expiration ratio........ trying a higher EPR value first?......i don't think is going to work, i am afraid.... Is this the post you're talking about?......yes.
Gl
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-06-2019, 10:50 AM)JoeyWallaby Wrote:
(11-06-2019, 07:42 AM)mper6794 Wrote: Hi, Joey
finally, your chart are almoste there...thanks.

How do your feel this night?

Your chart is plagued by plateaued type unflagged FL, as well as arousal/awakenings. examples: 4;30 false OA following awakenings, unecessary bump in pressure. 5;38...false OA, awakening before REM, 6:30 ..awakening....6;50 likely another REM.
It looks your are having some architeture; this is good.
However, your I:E  index  close to 1.0 is clearly compromised.
It appears there would  not be much doubt left you could benefit a lot from going to BPAP.

good luck
(11-06-2019, 07:45 AM)mper6794 Wrote: ...maybe it would worth taking a look at my my thread/post from today...it has to do with your case.
good luck

I only slept 1/3 of the night with CPAP due to early awakening from water in mask so I can't really say. What do you mean by plateaued type unflagged FL, a flattening of the inspiratory curve? What does I:E index mean? Wouldn't I be best trying a higher EPR value first? Is this the post you're talking about?

Yes, I think it would be wise to see if the EERS allows you to tolerate higher EPR first, and then see how things look.

"Flattening of the inspiratory curve" is when the normally smooth top of the airflow curve is not smooth, but jagged. This indicates breathing restrictions that can cause arousals. 

You normally fix this with higher EPR/PS; sometimes more than the 3 that a Resmed CPAP can offer.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-06-2019, 01:01 PM)slowriter Wrote:
(11-06-2019, 10:50 AM)JoeyWallaby Wrote:
(11-06-2019, 07:42 AM)mper6794 Wrote: Hi, Joey
finally, your chart are almoste there...thanks.

How do your feel this night?

Your chart is plagued by plateaued type unflagged FL, as well as arousal/awakenings. examples: 4;30 false OA following awakenings, unecessary bump in pressure. 5;38...false OA, awakening before REM, 6:30 ..awakening....6;50 likely another REM.
It looks your are having some architeture; this is good.
However, your I:E  index  close to 1.0 is clearly compromised.
It appears there would  not be much doubt left you could benefit a lot from going to BPAP.

good luck
(11-06-2019, 07:45 AM)mper6794 Wrote: ...maybe it would worth taking a look at my my thread/post from today...it has to do with your case.
good luck

I only slept 1/3 of the night with CPAP due to early awakening from water in mask so I can't really say. What do you mean by plateaued type unflagged FL, a flattening of the inspiratory curve? What does I:E index mean? Wouldn't I be best trying a higher EPR value first? Is this the post you're talking about?

Yes, I think it would be wise to see if the EERS allows you to tolerate higher EPR first, and then see how things look.

"Flattening of the inspiratory curve" is when the normally smooth top of the airflow curve is not smooth, but jagged. This indicates breathing restrictions that can cause arousals. 

You normally fix this with higher EPR/PS; sometimes more than the 3 that a Resmed CPAP can offer.

To expand a bit, early in this thread, Sleeprider  noted you have flow limitations that suggest you may benefit from bilevel, but centrals appeared to preclude that.

But it looks like EERS may remove that restriction.
Post Reply Post Reply
Please, let's wait a few days keeping the current settings and getting a solid EERS baseline before making any other changes.

Of course, this precludes seeing anything that could be dangerous which would need an immediate change, something that I don't expect to find.

And with all changes, can we keep them a bit slower than we typically see. Why, because this is the first user we have a chance to the impact of EERS with so let us not cloud the data with multiple changes. And please frequent charts and impressions from the user. Let's keep this well documented. I want to be able to apply this to many other users.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleeprider, can you add an EERS label to this thread for searchability.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yea I'll stick with the same settings and post all the data in a few days  Coffee
Nothing I post is medical advice and should not be taken as such, always consult a medical professional for guidance.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Interpreting sleep study results, EERS enhanced expiratory rebreathing space
If you figure out a good solution for the rainout of the EERS hose, please post it. This is a new frontier, so best to document solutions as we discover them.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-06-2019, 12:33 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: These both are using similar auto-pressure with EPR and show the kind of control of CA that EERS may provide.  What's really impressive in this comparison is the improvement in tidal volume and minute vent. Amazing!

This seems a trend with EERS here (my one-night experiment, and Joey's case): that it lowers CAs, and raises TV/MV.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Interpreting sleep study results, EERS enhanced expiratory rebreathing space
If it isn't convenient to acquire or to use a hose sleeve for some reason, I lay mine across my midriff under the top cover.  It works both to keep the hose from sagging back toward the machine, which will happen easily, and to keep it warm with minimal temperature set in the hose climate control. I never have rainout in my hose using this method.  Granted, it won't work for everyone, but if you sleep relatively sedately, and don't toss and turn much, you will get used to turning over on your side with the hose across your waist.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-07-2019, 11:45 AM)mesenteria Wrote: If it isn't convenient to acquire or to use a hose sleeve for some reason, I lay mine across my midriff under the top cover.  It works both to keep the hose from sagging back toward the machine, which will happen easily, and to keep it warm with minimal temperature set in the hose climate control. I never have rainout in my hose using this method.  Granted, it won't work for everyone, but if you sleep relatively sedately, and don't toss and turn much, you will get used to turning over on your side with the hose across your waist.

I used this technique when I tried EERS the one night, but to cut down on noise from the swivel vent. It worked for that.

I did also get rainout, but not sure why (if it happened despite using this technique, or not), since I wasn't paying attention to that.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 249 03-27-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  [CPAP] Titration Study liebano 2 80 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 537 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  Help Interpreting Charts to ID Potential Palatal Prolapse - Deep Sleep Issue reedro287 5 113 03-26-2024, 08:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 136 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 196 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  New sleep study after 17 years? Jim1952 2 120 03-21-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Jim1952

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.