Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Health] Interpreting sleep study results, EERS enhanced expiratory rebreathing space
RE: Interpreting sleep study results, EERS enhanced expiratory rebreathing space
Charts and data from last night. Despite having significant leakage due to not putting on mask correctly, I actually feel really good today.
Full data (password apneaboard) https://www.mediafire.com/file/df91wtvkm...S.zip/file

(11-07-2019, 06:38 AM)slowriter Wrote: If you figure out a good solution for the rainout of the EERS hose, please post it. This is a new frontier, so best to document solutions as we discover them.
I've wrapped a cut-off piece of cotton t-shirt multiple times around the EERS stuff and secured it with rubber bands, it seems to have worked.
Nothing I post is medical advice and should not be taken as such, always consult a medical professional for guidance.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Interpreting sleep study results, EERS enhanced expiratory rebreathing space
You want to make sure to include the left sidebar, since that includes a lot of data that's helpful.
Post Reply Post Reply
Do include the left column with the machine and respiratory information. Any CPAP hose cover will work well to solve the condensation problem. Snuggle Skins Insulating CPAP Hose Cover on Amazon for $15 will cover tubes up to 8-feet long, so you can cover your standard tube and the EERS. Just cut-away a notch for the vent. This will keep a uniform temperature along the entire tube up to your mask.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-08-2019, 03:29 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Do include the left column with the machine and respiratory information. Any CPAP hose cover will work well to solve the condensation problem. Snuggle Skins Insulating CPAP Hose Cover on Amazon for $15 will cover tubes up to 8-feet long, so you can cover your standard tube and the EERS. Just cut-away a notch for the vent.

Is there any risk with the notch somehow not allowing proper venting? Maybe would need to secure it in position vis-a-vis the vent with tape or rubber band or something?
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-08-2019, 03:46 PM)slowriter Wrote:
(11-08-2019, 03:29 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Do include the left column with the machine and respiratory information. Any CPAP hose cover will work well to solve the condensation problem. Snuggle Skins Insulating CPAP Hose Cover on Amazon for $15 will cover tubes up to 8-feet long, so you can cover your standard tube and the EERS. Just cut-away a notch for the vent.

Is there any risk with the notch somehow not allowing proper venting? Maybe would need to secure it in position vis-a-vis the vent with tape or rubber band or something?

And there is a swivel at the vent which you want to make sure still has free play.  

So.. I would recommend trying the exact 6-8' Snuggle Skins purchase Sleeprider recommends but carefully measure and then cut the snuggle skin at the vent securing with thin velcro or trimmed small nearly invisible (for our special others we gotta stay attractive looking while we sleep) zip ties just above and below the vent on the swivel.  

WillSleep

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yea, I messed up the file upload. I think this leakage is actually from leaking from mouth rather than mask fit leakage... I didn't tape my mouth last night while I usually do.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Nothing I post is medical advice and should not be taken as such, always consult a medical professional for guidance.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-08-2019, 04:57 PM)JoeyWallaby Wrote: Yea, I messed up the file upload. I think this leakage is actually from leaking from mouth rather than mask fit leakage... I didn't tape my mouth last night while I usually do.

"I think this leakage is actually from leaking from mouth .."
Zooming in to 1-2mins ...  short dips in the blue shark fin in the Mask Pressure chart might go a ways to confirming lip flutters or help identify mouth breathing. 

For the chart on a whole.  

A bunch of OA and Hypopnea occur as just as EPAP pressure is dropping.
So, if you have not tried it yet might:
  • Raise Min Pressure 1cm H2O to 9cm H2O
  • Or in addition to raising Min Pressure 1cm H20 also try in the Autoset Clinical settings menu changing the Response setting to "Soft" to see if like the Autoset for Her algo, that causes the drop in Pressure toward Min Pressure to take place more slowly (Soft setting includes a slower Pressure rise but I do not know for sure that "Soft" setting also includes the slower decline back to Min Pressure.  Someone else here might know).    
WillSleep

Post Reply Post Reply
This is the data from the last three nights with pressure raised up to to nine and using EERS setup. I had really good sleep first day, okay second day, bad third day (last night). First night I taped my mouth, I didn't the second and third. First and second I was still, third was restless. I obviously have air leakage without mouth taping, first night with tape has no leakage while second and third have a lot.

Full data (password apneaboard) https://www.mediafire.com/file/rwgaih2kz...S.zip/file

First night
[Image: PZDMNeO.jpg]
Second night
[Image: BD5DX80.jpg]
Third night (last night)
[Image: Gn88nAI.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
Remember to hide the calendar and pie chart in the future.

I don't have a huge problem with mouth leaks, but I typically tape, to avoid that as a variable.
Post Reply Post Reply
Okay, I disabled it. Decent sleep last night. Leak rate is high, I think I was moving around and didn't tape my mouth properly.
Full data (password apneaboard) https://www.mediafire.com/file/w03rj2wqm...o.zip/file

[Image: i7ZO2w7.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PSG Results: Could this be UARS? deebob 260 18,332 Yesterday, 01:48 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  My sleep study (starting out) sabletaurus 5 159 04-16-2024, 07:24 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Oscar CPAP Optimization Results-Awesome!? SeePak 18 389 04-16-2024, 05:32 AM
Last Post: SeePak
  [Treatment] Help with interpreting OSCAR results 6bez8dF5lf 7 193 04-15-2024, 10:13 AM
Last Post: 6bez8dF5lf
  First night with new Bipap after sleep study and 37 AHI mostly CA PandaZA 87 1,367 04-13-2024, 09:07 AM
Last Post: PandaZA
  Test results Kmzizzle 18 1,536 04-12-2024, 10:36 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Need help interpreting the data Hopey 2 109 04-12-2024, 09:40 AM
Last Post: Hopey

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.