Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Health] Interpreting sleep study results, EERS enhanced expiratory rebreathing space
RE: Interpreting sleep study results, EERS enhanced expiratory rebreathing space
(11-16-2019, 06:01 AM)mper6794 Wrote: Hi, Joey
this is complex ! I would rather go for things I think would more simple. It won't cost me nothing, this opinion hereinbelow; it might help.

-Your charts suggest a great deal of long duration unflagged RERA's, too many which could be improved by properly adjusting your EPAPmin and PS.

_too many arousals/awakenings….hard to ask, but do you have any issue with RLS/PLMS issues? hope not....

Good luck
No RLS/PLMS.

(11-16-2019, 06:18 AM)bonjour Wrote: EERS is only to manage centrals. The xPAP is used to manage the obstructive events. And I missed your comment on increasing EPR needing a compensation in EPAP to compensate.  You are correct and that is the "secret"  to using a ResMed CPAP, Elite, or AutoSet as a limited BiLevel .

So yes, both need to be manipulated to achieve optimum results. Increasing PS and EPAP both have the capability of reducing your pCO2 in your blood and causing additional centrals.  Then the EERS needs to be adjusted to bring the centrals back down.

The centrals went up because the EPR increased thus decreasing the pCO2 in your blood which caused your Real Centrals.
Thank you, that's helpful.

(11-16-2019, 08:26 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Results on the VPAP Auto look very good, and it's surprising not to see more emergence of centrals with the higher pressure support.  I have personally found that on the Vauto, my CA results are consistently better with a trigger sensitivity set to high rather than medium.  These are my results and  yours may vary.  If you are more comfortable with bilevel, stick with it, and add EERS if the CA re-emerges.  The flow rates look pretty good where leaks are controlled, and there is less flow limitation.  Your best tidal volume and respiration stability continues to be with the use of EERS, and it would be good to see you try that system with the VPAP.
It's surprising to me as well. It would be interesting to try that.

I slept two nights with another 6" of EERS but the first night I didn't have the SD card in. This is from last night, I woke up feeling good. I woke up after the last event. I turned the min pressure up to 12 because 11 and 10 didn't feel like enough (effect of more co2 increasing respiratory drive?). I could probably turn it up to 13 or even 14.

[Image: YcxqtEV.jpg][Image: I2DFbwD.jpg][Image: K0NmGpP.jpg][Image: 5CzvZbM.jpg][Image: m9vMvye.jpg][Image: He2xVmE.jpg][Image: RgLIAwr.jpg][Image: IFNo3ZN.jpg][Image: Lukzsq6.jpg][Image: akUVfLW.jpg][Image: 2VIrBsf.jpg][Image: zYMbak9.jpg][Image: eXc1q2v.jpg]
Nothing I post is medical advice and should not be taken as such, always consult a medical professional for guidance.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Interpreting sleep study results, EERS enhanced expiratory rebreathing space
CA and flow limit looks excellent ant your tidal volume at 620 is pretty phenomenal. There is almost no change in pressure through the night, and that is going to contribute to very low disruption. If this is comfortable, stick with it.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-18-2019, 08:49 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: CA and flow limit looks excellent ant your tidal volume at 620 is pretty phenomenal.  There is almost no change in pressure through the night, and that is going to contribute to very low disruption.  If this is comfortable, stick with it.

What do you make of the fact that his I:E ratio is inverted?
Post Reply Post Reply
I noticed it, and don't know what to think of it. I would argue that none of the flow rate close-ups confirm that statistic. Also, all of the OA events are breath-holds, not preceded by an expiration. So most of those events seem to be arousal or movement.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-18-2019, 09:33 AM)slowriter Wrote:
(11-18-2019, 08:49 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: CA and flow limit looks excellent ant your tidal volume at 620 is pretty phenomenal.  There is almost no change in pressure through the night, and that is going to contribute to very low disruption.  If this is comfortable, stick with it.

It looks a good question, slowriter. That had called my attention too. 

One of these days, I did a brief analysis of this E:I reations while moving from APAP to BPAP. It is here, on my thread, and other posts.
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...wer?page=4

all the best
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-16-2019, 08:26 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: ... I have personally found that on the Vauto, my CA results are consistently better with a trigger sensitivity set to high rather than medium.  

I am curious.  

For those xPAP that can do it, I often see mention of setting trigger sensitivity to High to help reduce CAs but have not seen much discussion of adjustments to Cycle. 

If we set Cycle to Low would that shorten Expiration a little, and would shorting Expiration reduce CO2 washout?  So would setting Cycle to Low be a way to reduce CO2 washout and then in turn help reduce CAs?   

What have you guys learned about Cycle with regard to CAs?

Note:  I asked the question Cycle here on this thread because if the Inverse I:E ratio does become a concern adjusting Cycle might be one of the tools to help influence the I:E ratio.  

WillSleep

Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you  Smile

(11-18-2019, 09:33 AM)slowriter Wrote:

(11-18-2019, 10:02 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: I noticed it, and don't know what to think of it. I would argue that none of the flow rate close-ups confirm that statistic.  Also, all of the OA events are breath-holds, not preceded by an expiration.  So most of those events seem to be arousal or movement.
Thinking-about Don't know either

I feel okay today, charts look bad (because of leaks I think). Didn't secure CPAP mask good.
Full data (password apneaboard) https://www.mediafire.com/file/6s0y6ovug...S.zip/file

Last night charts
[Image: B5WurYX.jpg][Image: ZwD7AsJ.jpg][Image: t0y2UJy.jpg][Image: jjG05pY.jpg][Image: cs1TZAn.jpg][Image: 26Ittpr.jpg]
Nothing I post is medical advice and should not be taken as such, always consult a medical professional for guidance.
Post Reply Post Reply
Should I try BiPAP again? EERS has significantly improved both tidal volume and amount of central apneas but the BiPAP waveforms look significantly better to me. What do people think?

Auto CPAP EPR 3 with extra EERS (data from two nights)
[Image: 3tRAOVZ.jpg][Image: j7UHbKn.jpg][Image: PmR8Zn3.jpg][Image: V0gFyg3.jpg][Image: E3HbVZG.jpg][Image: hI19P1l.jpg][Image: Sm8ewtx.jpg]

Auto BiPAP pressure support 4 no EERS (data from two nights)
[Image: eSYEoON.jpg][Image: ID7uYxO.jpg][Image: ZLk07jf.jpg][Image: qavvesS.jpg][Image: dZNsPti.jpg][Image: 4fimxj7.jpg][Image: DbFOn2I.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
More waveforms, they're interesting

Auto CPAP EPR 1 no EERS (data from one night) data from here #13
[Image: lxooLdj.png][Image: ykiKHp4.png][Image: eTpNXrg.png][Image: kqdN1Ef.png][Image: jYAMzYt.png][Image: 71QSxUe.png][Image: XFYOJtr.png]

Auto CPAP EPR 3 no EERS (data from one night) data from here #7
[Image: GuTy3Qs.png][Image: JRBcT07.png][Image: JB1clEi.png][Image: G7oCbVQ.png][Image: nR13JnM.png][Image: QbAnL66.png][Image: 9wk60fn.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
Auto CPAP EPR 1 Standard EERS (data from one night) data from here #58
[Image: ewiLXvD.png][Image: h2gz8tS.png][Image: Yvw1Ead.png][Image: CCMZIjG.png][Image: tkQMBKI.png][Image: EGQMorp.png][Image: sdYNH7G.png]

Auto CPAP EPR 3 Standard EERS (data from one night) data from here #69
[Image: co5R1Sh.png][Image: owaylUY.png][Image: 2X3WyIw.png][Image: 3OuX2f2.png][Image: fGrUSa9.png][Image: 84oSXff.png][Image: WhFBIDd.png]
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PSG Results: Could this be UARS? deebob 260 18,362 04-17-2024, 01:48 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  My sleep study (starting out) sabletaurus 5 168 04-16-2024, 07:24 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Oscar CPAP Optimization Results-Awesome!? SeePak 18 398 04-16-2024, 05:32 AM
Last Post: SeePak
  [Treatment] Help with interpreting OSCAR results 6bez8dF5lf 7 195 04-15-2024, 10:13 AM
Last Post: 6bez8dF5lf
  First night with new Bipap after sleep study and 37 AHI mostly CA PandaZA 87 1,385 04-13-2024, 09:07 AM
Last Post: PandaZA
  Test results Kmzizzle 18 1,541 04-12-2024, 10:36 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Need help interpreting the data Hopey 2 112 04-12-2024, 09:40 AM
Last Post: Hopey

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.