Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Health] Interpreting sleep study results, EERS enhanced expiratory rebreathing space
RE: Interpreting sleep study results, EERS enhanced expiratory rebreathing space
Thanks mper, I'll figure out something to stop me rolling over...  Thinking-about
Nothing I post is medical advice and should not be taken as such, always consult a medical professional for guidance.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Interpreting sleep study results, EERS enhanced expiratory rebreathing space
(12-01-2019, 09:38 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: The basis is anecdotal that with CA events a higher sensitivity on trigger and longer Ti Min simply reduces event rates, sometimes significantly.  http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...AHI?page=7

With CA events and UARS, it is counter productive to cycle to EPAP prematurely.  Think about it, it's a pretty easy piece of logic.  Thus Cycle is medium and Ti Min is extended from the default 0.3.

Makes sense. But why not Ti max longer too?
Post Reply Post Reply
EPAP Min 7.6, PS 5.4, Ti Min 0.8, Ti Max 2.0, Trigger High, Cycle Medium. Standard length EERS, cervical collar, chin strap and mouth taped. Slept the whole night.

I'm obviously having positional issues. If I view the video footage where these clusters of events occurred, I'm always on my back. Vice versa for the areas with no/very minimal events, I'm always on my side.

For example
Rolled onto back 9:47:30
Events begin
Rolled onto side 10:42:00
Events end

Rolled onto back 11:19:00
Events begin
Rolled onto side 12:52:00
Events end

Rolled onto back 13:32:00
Events begin
Rolled onto side 14:30:00
Events end

Overview
[Image: pOS5FYu.jpg]
Events
[Image: 92JiVMi.jpg]
[Image: wMGYK50.jpg]
[Image: tZ8q3PW.jpg]
[Image: JPBe0zi.jpg]
[Image: nENQN4O.jpg]
Waveforms
[Image: vwlHjwP.jpg]
[Image: vdscM0N.jpg]
[Image: UzGvwk4.jpg]
[Image: dztqFkL.jpg]
[Image: b1vl7nq.jpg]
Nothing I post is medical advice and should not be taken as such, always consult a medical professional for guidance.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi, Joey
_ very interesting.

_the way you are following looks promissing.

_It looks CA's are REM/Leak-dependent ones.

I know may be boring, however, would it be possible yoou post some 10min-duration windowns charts and scales, at the CA's strecthes, with the pattern I suggest you on post above, so that I am able to follow closely what could be happening?

all the best
Post Reply Post Reply
Joey there are various means to prevent you lying on your back, which might help. Ideas I've seen (but never actually tried) include wearing a soft backpack, packing some pillows (or a wedge pillow) behind you, or (my favourite) sewing a tennis ball into the back of your pyjama top. You can also put a small cushion between your knees to keep your legs in a comfortable position. Choice of a pillow is important, as you need to keep your neck straight which can be difficult when lying on your side. I use a very soft duck down pillow which I can bunch up to support head and neck.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've purchased a device to prevent me from rolling onto back, it should arrive by the end of the week.

I have a pillow with a cutout, so it doesn't push on my nasal mask causing leaks and I also have a body pillow which I always fall asleep with my arm over like these images. I've noticed (in the recordings) when I roll over to my right side, I don't stay there for long. Maybe because there's no body pillow on my right side?

[Image: ltq7sdX.jpg][Image: 2pABw3G.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-02-2019, 04:34 AM)mper6794 Wrote: Hi, Joey
_ very interesting.

_the way you are following looks promissing.

_It looks CA's are REM/Leak-dependent ones.

I know may be boring, however, would it be possible yoou post some 10min-duration windowns charts and scales, at the CA's strecthes, with the pattern I suggest you on post above, so that I am able to follow closely what could be happening?

all the best

Is this what you wanted?
[Image: G2B67I9.png]
[Image: QQrQKUx.png]
[Image: Xj9PGzS.png]
[Image: 029MeWh.png][Image: ezprygL.png][Image: VWgnK9H.png][Image: 92XWRAV.png][Image: uOXd1c4.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
[Image: Qzz0UiI.png][Image: ufCHMCE.png][Image: drKryaF.png][Image: UGLxv4g.png][Image: ZAVrExi.png][Image: KOh6QPG.png][Image: hLV51qz.png][Image: 7JfWsum.png][Image: V1k2XDt.png][Image: uQ33WMx.png][Image: PAZ33Yu.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi, pretty much there,

_ but enough to confirm my interpretation above, of REM/Leak-dependent CA's.

_therefore, what you have to tackle first would be the leaks. In turn, as I said you on posts above, your leaks, during REM, could be associated with loosing stripes (chin retreat)  while entering/during REM, positioning, etc. You would keep experiencing and decide what to do.

_meanwhile, based on your graphs of EAPmin x RR, and RR x PS, I think I could suggest you gradually increase your PS (0.2 every night) to 5.6, 5.8, and 6.0; keeping EPAPmin 7.6, and observe outcomes, first at FL max (good chances it would be bring to zero, as should be). I think you would be very, very close of your tailored parameters.

all the best
Post Reply Post Reply
-Apologies, forgot to mention: not sure how the EERS could be interfering on your results, for the better or the good.

all the best
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 248 03-27-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  [CPAP] Titration Study liebano 2 78 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 535 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  Help Interpreting Charts to ID Potential Palatal Prolapse - Deep Sleep Issue reedro287 5 112 03-26-2024, 08:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 133 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 193 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  New sleep study after 17 years? Jim1952 2 120 03-21-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Jim1952

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.