Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Health] Interpreting sleep study results, EERS enhanced expiratory rebreathing space
RE: Interpreting sleep study results, EERS enhanced expiratory rebreathing space
....for the better or the worse.

all the best
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Interpreting sleep study results, EERS enhanced expiratory rebreathing space
(12-02-2019, 06:00 AM)mper6794 Wrote: Hi, pretty much there,

_ but enough to confirm my interpretation above, of REM/Leak-dependent CA's.

_therefore, what you have to tackle first would be the leaks. In turn, as I said you on posts above, your leaks, during REM, could be associated with loosing stripes (chin retreat)  while entering/during REM, positioning, etc. You would keep experiencing and decide what to do.

_meanwhile, based on your graphs of EAPmin x RR, and RR x PS, I think I could suggest you gradually increase your PS (0.2 every night) to 5.6, 5.8, and 6.0; keeping EPAPmin 7.6, and observe outcomes, first at FL max (good chances it would be bring to zero, as should be). I think you would be very, very close of your tailored parameters.

all the best

(12-02-2019, 06:06 AM)mper6794 Wrote: -Apologies, forgot to mention: not sure how the EERS could be interfering on your results, for the better or the good.

all the best

(12-02-2019, 06:07 AM)mper6794 Wrote: ....for the better or the worse.

all the best

EERS seems to be treating the hypocapnia-induced centrals I experienced beforehand, these remaining events appear to position-induced (only happening on my back). Once I receive my device to stop me rolling over, results should be very good. Then it's just fine-tuning hopefully!
Nothing I post is medical advice and should not be taken as such, always consult a medical professional for guidance.
Post Reply Post Reply
Mper, on an EERS user the description of a leak dependent CA makes sense. I haven't verified your interpretation but here is how it would work out.
Assumption is leaks occur at the mask. The leak would flush the deadspace of the EERS system resulting is less rebreathing and better flushing/ lowering of pCO2 in the blood resulting in a Central apnea.

At this time I don't believe this would be an issue without EERS
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi, Fred
looks plausible your interpretation.

How do you would interpret those CA's from my own leaks, with no EERS; post 47?

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...wer?page=5

all the best
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-02-2019, 10:05 AM)bonjour Wrote: Mper, on an EERS user the description of a leak dependent CA makes sense.  I haven't verified your interpretation but here is how it would work out.
Assumption is leaks occur at the mask.  The leak would flush the deadspace of the EERS system resulting is less rebreathing and better flushing/ lowering of pCO2 in the blood resulting in a Central apnea.

I think I linked to one of the EERS studies earlier in this thread that confirmed just this. They found EERS systems much more sensitive to leaks that the typical non-EERS xPAP.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-02-2019, 10:05 AM)bonjour Wrote: Mper, on an EERS user the description of a leak dependent CA makes sense.  I haven't verified your interpretation but here is how it would work out.
Assumption is leaks occur at the mask.  The leak would flush the deadspace of the EERS system resulting is less rebreathing and better flushing/ lowering of pCO2 in the blood resulting in a Central apnea.

(12-02-2019, 10:34 AM)slowriter Wrote: I think I linked to one of the EERS studies earlier in this thread that confirmed just this. They found EERS systems much more sensitive to leaks that the typical non-EERS xPAP.
Good point Thinking-about .
Interesting that the leaks (and thus the CAs) only happened on my back.
Nothing I post is medical advice and should not be taken as such, always consult a medical professional for guidance.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-02-2019, 02:53 PM)JoeyWallaby Wrote:

(12-02-2019, 10:34 AM)slowriter Wrote: I think I linked to one of the EERS studies earlier in this thread that confirmed just this. They found EERS systems much more sensitive to leaks that the typical non-EERS xPAP.
Good point Thinking-about .
Interesting that the leaks (and thus the CAs) only happened on my back.

Maybe it's actually straightforward: your jaw relaxes, and shifts positions, exposing the leaks?

I don't use a FFM, but I seem to recall reading about that as a problem with them.
Post Reply Post Reply
Min EPAP 7.4, PS 5.6, Ti Max 2.5, Ti Min 0.5, Trigger High, Cycle Med

EERS, mouth taped. No chin strap, cervical collar or video recording.

Overview
[Image: C18OlMi.png]
Events
[Image: BJyLvbi.png][Image: gOSqXld.png][Image: z1OLhCU.png][Image: S3AHlUz.png][Image: lu1TtXH.png][Image: ETFHEyJ.png][Image: gr8WGAo.png][Image: rrZ5YZJ.png][Image: tGZJC8j.png][Image: OnOjyqs.png][Image: z1CsZzF.png]
Waveforms
[Image: ysUefoT.png]
[Image: 34Z7vqP.png]
[Image: 9W1AylO.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi, Joey

-It looks you are doing somewhat well.

_Large bunch of CA's, yet it looks to me large majority would be discountable/fake; great part of them REM-dependent; still some leak-dpendent. Four types of CA's: following arousals (but some may have start ressonating/repeating after arousals), leaking associated, toss-turning, and some very  minority true (maybe) CA.

_Based on your graphs, I could, but I am afraid I would not suggest changes toward keep fine-tuning your EPAPmin and P.S, not only because we are not following an overnight oriented cylcle, but also because the respiration under the EERS (not sure what it has been provoking for better or worse).

Therefore, if you and other that are helping agree upon, I would you suggest repeat the settings of this night, without the EERS. Let us see the outcomes to decide next steps

You have not said HYF, but it looks to me your main remaining-drawback (not sure in what extent) is still a great deal of arousals.

all the best
Post Reply Post Reply
My sleep schedule and hygiene has been pretty bad lately so that probably isn't helping.

Regardless, I have something to stop me rolling onto my back now, so I'm going to try that tonight and use the night vision camera... see what happens  Thinking-about
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oscar CPAP Optimization Results-Awesome!? SeePak 18 340 2 hours ago
Last Post: SeePak
  My sleep study (starting out) sabletaurus 2 76 11 hours ago
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Treatment] Help with interpreting OSCAR results 6bez8dF5lf 7 182 Yesterday, 10:13 AM
Last Post: 6bez8dF5lf
  First night with new Bipap after sleep study and 37 AHI mostly CA PandaZA 87 1,336 04-13-2024, 09:07 AM
Last Post: PandaZA
  Test results Kmzizzle 18 1,521 04-12-2024, 10:36 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Need help interpreting the data Hopey 2 106 04-12-2024, 09:40 AM
Last Post: Hopey
  [Treatment] New to CPAP but keen to learn - Please could you help with results and Q's? JustinWoods 19 1,948 04-10-2024, 10:13 AM
Last Post: Jay51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.