Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Health] Interpreting sleep study results, EERS enhanced expiratory rebreathing space
RE: Interpreting sleep study results, EERS enhanced expiratory rebreathing space
I want you to realize that every time you use the word "fake" my confidence in what you say takes a huge hit. The CAEvents are real, they are there, no one is faking them, the machine is not faking them, they are real. You called them discountable and I thought that was a great term, a very applicable term., But the you followed it with a /fake.

This may be because of the language difference.

I'm not and I won't, but what if I called you a Fraud and a Fake? That what you are doing is incorrect and wrong? I'm not.

If you truly feel they are "fake" you should not be using those events as indicators as you obviously are.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Interpreting sleep study results, EERS enhanced expiratory rebreathing space
Ok, Fred,

not want polemize. I would better call the events as "discountable", maybe. What I am preety much sure is that CA's following and closely associated with arousal/awakenings - transition back to sleep should not be used for nothing else, other than indicate that an arousal/awakening happened, which would not need to be treated with ASV and such. The arousal/awakening should be tackled first.

thanks

Post Reply Post Reply
Since you are using them that way call them CA/arrousal CA because that is your flag and you are looking for it in association with an arrousal. ln your narrative I would say that these CA/arrousal should be discounted as Central events.
Post Reply Post Reply
i dont care if they're real fake or whatever. i already bought an asv, what settings should i try?
Nothing I post is medical advice and should not be taken as such, always consult a medical professional for guidance.
Post Reply Post Reply
_i wish i have an Idea; no clue.

Atb

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-18-2019, 10:01 AM)JoeyWallaby Wrote: i dont care if they're real fake or whatever. i already bought an asv, what settings should i try?

Have you seen posts in other threads about starting points and such for ASV? Like this one from sleeprider?

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid258967

Seems like you know enough about what you're doing to adapt these general recommendations.
Caveats: I'm just a patient, with no medical training.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-18-2019, 10:01 AM)JoeyWallaby Wrote: i dont care if they're real fake or whatever. i already bought an asv, what settings should i try?

Sorry Joey,

try the basic starting point for ASV then adjust from there.
EPAP = 4-15
PS = 3-15
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-18-2019, 01:20 PM)bonjour Wrote: try the basic starting point for ASV then adjust from there.
EPAP = 4-15
PS = 3-15

Thanks bonjour, I'll try that... I'll hopefully receive the ASV next week, if not, it will definitely arrive the week after.
Nothing I post is medical advice and should not be taken as such, always consult a medical professional for guidance.
Post Reply Post Reply
Haven't been using CPAP for the past week or so, grinding has been significantly worse than with CPAP (using bruxism guard to protect teeth). I have an oximeter which I used last night... some minor desaturations but at or above 95% for almost the entire time.

ASV will arrive sometime next week.
Post Reply Post Reply
Joey, when the ASV arrives and you start therapy, I suggest a new thread. We normally like to keep therapy information together, but we are getting pretty long in the tooth with this thread.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 216 Yesterday, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  [CPAP] Titration Study liebano 2 73 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 528 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  Help Interpreting Charts to ID Potential Palatal Prolapse - Deep Sleep Issue reedro287 5 99 03-26-2024, 08:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 130 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 189 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  New sleep study after 17 years? Jim1952 2 117 03-21-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Jim1952

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.