Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Health] Is this CSR? How much should i panic?
RE: Is this CSR? How much should i panic?
(01-25-2018, 11:01 AM)DeepBreathing Wrote: I just use a square of flannelette folded so that its 15 cm long x 3cm wide and three layers thick. Drape it over your nose so the cloth sits between the silicon and the skin. Works marvels, but you may need to adjust the length, width and thickness to suit your own face.

DB; Been having trouble with FF mask(s) causing red nose and pressure sore on bridge.  Tape did not work and P-10 leaks too much on me.  Remembered what you had written and had a brand-new 6.5 x 5 inch micro-fiber lens cloth that came with the last pair of prescription glasses I bought.  Folded it three times and tried it. S.O.F.T. and sealed amazingly well!  On me it seems a tad short as the ends touch my eyes, but I think it is going to work out.

Thanks Thanks for the tip.  Has been two days now and I think it is going to work out and stop the irritation!
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-08-2018, 09:15 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: t 15.5-20, Flex at 1 you are already getting very good results.  To use the Vauto, we are basically going to back-up and try a new range of pressure with relatively low pressure support.  You need to be prepared to see in initial increase in events until you become accustomed to the difference and the settings are optimized.  So if you're prepared not to hit the panic button, I think you just start with a minimum EPAP of 9.0 with PS at 3.0 an IPAP max at 18.  That will produce a range of 12/9 to 18/15...sound familiar?  You will have to stick with that for a few days for things to settle out, and don't be too surprised at a few centrals.  If you suddenly have extended clusters of centrals and an unacceptable AHI, we will revisit sooner.

It's tempting to start out with a higher pressure support, but this more cautious approach is more like using an Airsense 10 at settings of 12-18 with EPR at 3.  As you can see, that not too far off from your current auto CPAP settings.   In addition, we are not really trying to treat any specific problem like hypopnea or obstructive apnea, or even flow limits.  Your previous results don't show any of those problems.  I remain opposed to trying to alter your respiratory rate or volume in any meaningful way, at least at the outset.

Thanks for the setup tips; i got the machine today, and just set it up.  It seems like it is working, but i found a big downside.... the damn thing, despite being advertised as "like new" has 7000 run hours on it. *sigh*.  I guess i can't complain too much, given how much the machine costs normally, and that i got it for $290.. but i really was hoping for a unit that wasn't used for 3 years straight (i know, that is the risk of buying second hand).......  Anyone know how long a unit like this is actually intended to last?

I have cleaned the machine, new filter and water tank, and i dont notice any smells. It seems to run ok, but anything else i should look for?  I think i can hear the fan rattle slightly if i pick it up, but it is silent in operation.
Post Reply Post Reply
So, I have used it for two nights now, and I feel like I am getting the hang of it.. breathing out is certainly a bit easier. My first night was this:
[Image: QqX3pTy.jpg]

Looking at it, I tweaked the settings to match my previous nights, and its doing well. But that said, I notice a few times (that I didn't see before) that looks like I could be washing out my CO2..
[Image: O3i6kFN.jpg]

[Image: x5OXhsQ.jpg]

[Image: iLiP7yI.jpg]

Finally, I did notice just a few unusual events. I am thinking maybe they were me waking in my sleep and moving, but I can't be totally sure..
[Image: wy5J4fx.jpg]

Either way, I appreciate any feedback!

Edit:
Looking back, I found one recent time I did that with my previous machine, so now I am not sure what to think:
[Image: nQvlrYO.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
It looks very good, and you're getting a more complete inspiratory breath, even compared to your best auto CPAP results. Tidal volume is improved. I don't see any changes to recommend to you.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-14-2018, 04:34 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: It looks very good, and you're getting a more complete inspiratory breath, even compared to your best auto CPAP results.  Tidal  volume is improved.  I don't see any changes to recommend to you.

Any worry about those blippy clears that I had? Or does it look like an effect of the machine change thay might go away?  Just wanting to make sure I don' give myself too many clears or start co2 washout too.much
Post Reply Post Reply
Seriously? Your AHI is lower than mine. Don't worry about it.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-14-2018, 05:06 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Seriously?  Your AHI is lower than mine.  Don't worry about it.

Ahem.. well, when you put it like that, I guess not..  Dont-know
In all honesty, just wanting to avoid any issues now and down the line...

I do see my I:E ratio is probably better (not surprising, easier to breath against the pressure), though I am not sure if it was really a problem before.  :oh-
:Edit: Never mind on the I:E ratio - on the old machine I had the "double hump" exhale, and it looks like it was rating the exhale at half the time it should have been. That said, the new machine is reporting it correctly.. but at least I understand my data better now. Wink
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, don't worry, be happy, especially with results like that!  I woke up this morning feeling absolutely outstanding and was surprised to see my AHI was elevated (not bad) and higher than the results you just posted.  Was I disappointed, NO, I felt GREAT and I was still considered to be 'treated'.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, I certainly can't disagree with you on feeling great.  And thus, I will just let last nights graph speak for itself...

[Image: C3UvawZ.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
I will say the last few days (coincidentally while on the machine) i noticed that i seem to be waking up a bit before my alarm (though, i dont look at my watch, as i want to get back to sleep), and i have been a bit more tired in the mornings. But given that can be due to lots of factors, i am just keeping an eye on it right now...
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Large leak panic sleepingbetterinFl 3 154 03-19-2024, 07:48 AM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  CPAP for panic attacks HalfAsleep 3 284 02-03-2024, 02:56 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
Gross Panic attack or CPAP issue? Cam12 0 403 05-09-2023, 05:38 PM
Last Post: Cam12
Question Flat lines in flow rate, waking up in a panic cupcakechinchilla 10 1,352 11-29-2022, 11:00 AM
Last Post: cupcakechinchilla
  New CPAP user. Still occasionally waking up with "panic attacks". Tcp84 19 2,239 05-13-2022, 09:43 PM
Last Post: DaveCar
  [CPAP] Anxiety, Panic, Depression worse on CPAP Brendon 10 1,978 06-30-2020, 12:45 AM
Last Post: Brendon
  [Pressure] Pressure problems, panic, fatigue, any help appreciated peterdeltoro 2 1,127 11-25-2019, 08:15 AM
Last Post: peterdeltoro

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.